The "Customer Support" Forum Needs Re-named

I’m not understanding your position - are you saying that there’s more harm in changing the name than leaving it?

i don’t care about the name.

…but it would be nice if CS was more heavily moderated, and the regulars didn’t talk down to players who post there when they’re distressed about something… it creates a really poor environment, and it’s just not a good look.

2 Likes

This we can agree on. There’s a clique there that is allowed to do that for whatever reason, and half the time it’s hard to understand what was written because sentences are mashed together with no punctuation or basic language skills for that matter. Meanwhile, those same regulars act elitist. It’s such an odd state.

It is were some people go to try to “earn” their green text!

I think all green text should go.

Well, those types of responses fit the stereotype so it makes sense.

This exchange was particularly funny…

So you jumped in here to dispute a statement “There are no GMs on this forum”, which is technically a thread derailment, and when challenged on what you said versus what seems to be an ever-evolving definition of what you meant, you decide you’d rather just take your ball and go home?

Alright. O.o

3 Likes

I still think he’s right. When people are at the point that want to speak to someone that works for the company, they don’t want to hear from their fellow players.

And yes I know that’s what tickets are for but some players think the Customer Support forum is an alternative based on the name.

Plus, there are way too many armchair CMs (not talking about the blues or Perl) that get their kicks by telling people how wrong they are and how right Blizzard is.

2 Likes

I’d like the name to get an update too. The first time I wandered in there I too was confused about what the forum actually was.

Sure there’s the sticky and such but honestly I see posts there way to often (and I don’t even go there alot) about people who are confused there aren’t any actual staff to help. A name change is a simple, cheap, and effective way to drastically cut down on at least a good chunk of confusion.

1 Like

Sure, a thread from June is why I made a thread in September. Nice find Watson!

1 Like

Tbh, the CS forum shouldn’t allow anyone but a blue CS rep to respond there. Maybe the MVPs but certainly not regular players. So regular players should have the ability to create topics and respond within their own thread, but no other player should be allowed to enter their thread to comment. That would make the most professional and logical way to handle that forum. As it is now, it’s just filled with trolls and bait posters who’s primary purpose seems to be to get you suspended.

The heart/like system should also be disabled there.

2 Likes

Yeah, a majority of responses there are framed in an agitating way and it’s effectively sanctioned. Perks of being in a clique I guess. I don’t disagree with your suggestion at all, but it won’t happen since that’d require a blue to respond to every thread which they definitely don’t care to do.

2 Likes

You have to post those in the bugs forum. Not customer support, not GD, bugs.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad!

it’s always been a stupid thing, the name

it’s like they want to provide CS but don’t want to be on the hook for it

half of the replies are people explaining what the form is and is not

idfk what it should be

1 Like

So… you want Blizz, and Blizz only to respond to every single post made in the Customer Support forum. Most posts there have been answered on that very forum by CMs, MVPs, and players many times over, but every person wants to feel special.

Have you ever put in an in-game ticket? How long does that usually take to get resolved. Now increase that because of the new workload caused by those CS agents having to answer every single forum question over and over.

Be thankful that the CS forums allow other players to answer easy questions, otherwise you would be sitting there for a week with no resolution and no way to get help other than to post in GD… which we all know what kind of response you will get there.

2 Likes

To be fair, as someone with decades of retail, food service and telephone Customer Service job experience under my belt, the old-fashioned notion of “Customer Service” came about from the times when you could walk into a store and abuse, intimidate, haggle, froth at and browbeat the staff until they gave you what you wanted. People basically got used to the service model of customers being able to use service staff like punching bags and the company owners using them like a firewall. This attitude carried over into telephone customer service, where they could call and vent and scream at people who were obligated to listen to them.

This is the principle behind the people that you see saying “I want to call Blizzard Customer service on the phone and talk to a REAL PERSON!”, because they want to be able to do this still.

What the modern model of primarily email service is laying bare, though, is that said companies don’t actually care that you’re upset. They never have. They have occasionally employed people that you were able to make feel terrible in some kind of misdirected retaliation towards the company that they work for, but that anger and abuse never rose above the level of that person to affect any kind of real change. It just made that one person that you dealt with miserable.

Now, it’s very easy to send a preformatted template to someone telling them specifically why you can’t do what they want and go about your day. I can’t say that I feel particularly bad that the rampant entitlement and enabling of terrible behavior and treatment of service personnel that the old Customer Service model encouraged is going the way of the dinosaur.

why do people leave off “to be”

“needs renamed”

what is this madness

Oh, but it’s never just that person’s one post! They want to have a conversation. In the instances that people have been able to get a Blue response there they want to go back and forth and back and forth indefinitely, arguing, “making their case”, debating, rules-lawyering, nitpicking, etc.

People are under the mistaken notion that getting what they want, no matter if they’re in the wrong, what they want is impossible or not allowed, they’re asking for it in the wrong place, or the entire game would need to be reprogrammed for them personally, is just a matter of arguing about it enough.

They’re wrong, and their wrongness shouldn’t be encouraged.

3 Likes

I want an explanation, as a customer, of WHY the thing has happened, partially so I can work, on my end, to make sure it doesn’t happen to me again, canned answers don’t give me that because I can’t ask a canned answer tangential questions, THAT’S why I want to speak to a person.

People who abuse CS agents are just gonna be cruel to people regardless of where they go.

1 Like

I have decades of experience in retail, food and government customer service jobs as well and I actually have never found people want that. I have rarely ever encountered anyone who acted like that in fact. Some people have problems and they would like them fixed and most times you can help them, sometimes you cannot but rarely do you have a person who can’t accept that.

So I am not sure what country or locality you were operating out of but that isn’t what I experienced at all.

I will say customer service has gone all to hell in the last decade though because it appears way too many customer service people don’t think they should do anything to help.