The "Customer Support" Forum Needs Re-named

Yeah, Comcast at the very least is exactly like this. Other game devs do it too. The EA support forums have basically an MVP program for CS helpers. The Sims 4 tech support/bug report forum is known for having other users solve most of the issues, though they give some moderation powers to some of them. Actual EA employees only usually respond to ask for save files or say an issue is being looked into.

I mean I guess if you are the kind of person who just reads the title and not any other info.

Welcome to the Customer Support Forum! - Support / Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

“The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives.”

2 Likes

I’ve popped into CS every now and again for more than… must be over 14 years now. There’s literally still some of the same people posting in there now that there were then. I don’t get it.

I got escalated three times on my last issue, I started the conversation with dude #4 by asking if he had tried switching comcast off, unplugging it and waiting 50 seconds.

Even at that level there wasn’t enough awareness to get the joke.

1 Like

Wait until you have an area wide outage, even the live chat blocks you, I had rolling outages for two months and I experienced it more than a few times.

I’ve had those several times, and just generally login to my account to be greeted with an alert and estimated restoration time. No reason to chat with anyone when the information is already in my face.

When it’s several hours of every day for weeks on end, damn right I want to talk to someone

I’m not understanding your position - are you saying that there’s more harm in changing the name than leaving it?

i don’t care about the name.

…but it would be nice if CS was more heavily moderated, and the regulars didn’t talk down to players who post there when they’re distressed about something… it creates a really poor environment, and it’s just not a good look.

2 Likes

This we can agree on. There’s a clique there that is allowed to do that for whatever reason, and half the time it’s hard to understand what was written because sentences are mashed together with no punctuation or basic language skills for that matter. Meanwhile, those same regulars act elitist. It’s such an odd state.

It is were some people go to try to “earn” their green text!

I think all green text should go.

Well, those types of responses fit the stereotype so it makes sense.

This exchange was particularly funny…

So you jumped in here to dispute a statement “There are no GMs on this forum”, which is technically a thread derailment, and when challenged on what you said versus what seems to be an ever-evolving definition of what you meant, you decide you’d rather just take your ball and go home?

Alright. O.o

3 Likes

I still think he’s right. When people are at the point that want to speak to someone that works for the company, they don’t want to hear from their fellow players.

And yes I know that’s what tickets are for but some players think the Customer Support forum is an alternative based on the name.

Plus, there are way too many armchair CMs (not talking about the blues or Perl) that get their kicks by telling people how wrong they are and how right Blizzard is.

2 Likes

I’d like the name to get an update too. The first time I wandered in there I too was confused about what the forum actually was.

Sure there’s the sticky and such but honestly I see posts there way to often (and I don’t even go there alot) about people who are confused there aren’t any actual staff to help. A name change is a simple, cheap, and effective way to drastically cut down on at least a good chunk of confusion.

1 Like

Sure, a thread from June is why I made a thread in September. Nice find Watson!

1 Like

Tbh, the CS forum shouldn’t allow anyone but a blue CS rep to respond there. Maybe the MVPs but certainly not regular players. So regular players should have the ability to create topics and respond within their own thread, but no other player should be allowed to enter their thread to comment. That would make the most professional and logical way to handle that forum. As it is now, it’s just filled with trolls and bait posters who’s primary purpose seems to be to get you suspended.

The heart/like system should also be disabled there.

2 Likes

Yeah, a majority of responses there are framed in an agitating way and it’s effectively sanctioned. Perks of being in a clique I guess. I don’t disagree with your suggestion at all, but it won’t happen since that’d require a blue to respond to every thread which they definitely don’t care to do.

2 Likes

You have to post those in the bugs forum. Not customer support, not GD, bugs.

2 Likes

Yeah my bad!