The "Customer Support" Forum Needs Re-named

Ahh the toxicity of our city… I only have this forum bookmarked so its like the other ones don’t exist. At the top of my browser there’s a button that says “wow forums”. I should remove the S.

If I’m a CS agent and a player asks a question liiiike

“Yo, I can’t replace my backpack, what gives?”

And another player informs them that you can’t change the backpack I’m not going to answer, the question was answered so there’s no need for me to say “Yeah what he said”.
Not all questions require CS to step in but the ones that do of course should.

4 Likes

I don’t understand. CMs aren’t employed by Blizz?

2 Likes

You poor deluded fool.

5 Likes

Every time I’ve used those forums other people tell me to use the general forums because nobody would notice my posts there, even though they only had to do with bugs in the game.

1 Like

He’s whining about the MVP posters (green text). They are not employees of Blizzard.

But I do remember when the op jumped in to complain about something, got corrected and told off by a Blue (an employee).

edit: found it…

So I’m assuming the OP is stinging from that.

7 Likes

Have you had Comcast? If you go to their support forums, 90% of common issues are solved by other customers.

You literally CANNOT SPEAK TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, AT ALL, if there is an outage known in your area, the automated system stops you and informs you to call back once the outage is over.

Customer service is a hollow term in the modern world.

Every time I’ve called customer support in the last couple of years they offer little support but are willing to try and sell me upgrades and additional packages.

So… something everyone knows? I mean, it’s right there in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. :woman_shrugging:

Can’t speak for customer support, but technical support seems to be working. There’s not armies of employees answering every question but there are people there responding and helping.

Your internet that won’t connect could do nothing MUCH FASTER

Correct, the tech support forum is much more in-line with what you’d expect.

My ISP’s customer support is truly horrific. It usually comes down to me rebooting everything for 15 minutes before they’ll even consider the problem might be on their end.

I just use their live chat and have always had my problems resolved on the first try. Granted, there’s some language barriers to work around quite often, but I’ve always ended the chat with a resolution.

There’s a sticky which explains how the forum works.

that’s exactly how my isp works… it’s primarily regular users fielding questions.

CS can’t do anything about bugs.
Either use the bug report forum, or ingame bug report option.

5 Likes

Yeah, Comcast at the very least is exactly like this. Other game devs do it too. The EA support forums have basically an MVP program for CS helpers. The Sims 4 tech support/bug report forum is known for having other users solve most of the issues, though they give some moderation powers to some of them. Actual EA employees only usually respond to ask for save files or say an issue is being looked into.

I mean I guess if you are the kind of person who just reads the title and not any other info.

Welcome to the Customer Support Forum! - Support / Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

“The Customer Support forum cultivates a beneficial relationship between our support departments and player community by providing a friendly environment where players can exchange information, access self-help resources, discuss in-game issues, and receive meaningful guidance through personal and fun interactions with Blizzard representatives.”

2 Likes

I’ve popped into CS every now and again for more than… must be over 14 years now. There’s literally still some of the same people posting in there now that there were then. I don’t get it.

I got escalated three times on my last issue, I started the conversation with dude #4 by asking if he had tried switching comcast off, unplugging it and waiting 50 seconds.

Even at that level there wasn’t enough awareness to get the joke.

1 Like

Wait until you have an area wide outage, even the live chat blocks you, I had rolling outages for two months and I experienced it more than a few times.