"The class order halls overwhelmingly favored Alliance"

It was part of the story of the Talonclaw artifact:

It was only with the help of the Highmountain tribe that the hunters of the Unseen Path–who had come to the Broken Isles specifically to guard against the Legion–were able to build their new home, Trueshot Lodge From the trio of towers known as the Three Talons, they watched over the land and vowed to be ready should the Burning Legion return. The elves and the tauren learned much from each other, and Arien eventually joined the Unseen Path, becoming one of its greatest members.

He’s saying the HM should have had actual relevance in the actual Class hall itself rather than having throwaway lines about being the general contractors for the lodge itself

5 Likes

One of the three artifact weapons was focused specifically on the high mountain tauren lore!

Still doesn’t change the fact that the building is a night elf lodge, which as I look around it at this moment, has 0 trace of highmountain architecture or art in it.

3 Likes

Then you are just blind/ignoring the obvious eagle focused decor of the central part of the lodge. Is this going to be another “Silver Covenant were not part of the Fouth war” style argument from you, where you ignore the background art devs put to show part of the lore?

It’s not highmountain eagles (dunno if they’re nelf styled either, but much closer to them than the art style of the highmountain) Where is there an eagle statue in the highmountain locations that resembles those?

I’m not the one ignoring it, you’re the one stretching to pretend there’s any tauren influence in a place wholly lacking it because the bird statues are of birds one tribe has ties to, but aren’t made in the tauren statue style.

3 Likes

Because the “tauren style” you are talking about are totems, and these are just suppose to be eagle statues and NOT totems.

Heck, the altar keeper for the hunter hall is a tauren who goes “May the eagle spirit guide your hands”.

Zerde is a liar.

2 Likes

Not at all. You however having nothing but insults to add.

Just non-highmountain eagle statues, contributing the the complete lack of tauren aesthetics in the lodge.

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought of it as one from inside because it doesn’t have the open sides. But I just flew back and had a look at the place, and yeah, you’re right. It didn’t feel particularly Night Elf-y from inside, probably because of all the skins and trophies on the walls, but seeing it empty and especially seeing it from the outside changes my perspective. And there are those distinctive curving staircases too.

Huh? They use wood in plenty of their buildings. And haven’t we heard that they know the secret of how to harvest wood without killing the trees?

5 Likes

I was simply speaking to one of the perspectives presented to us.

On a meta scale, you and I are aware that the Cenarion Circle was doing exactly what it needed to do for the greater good of the world and all in it (much less their actual duty to the Emerald Dream).

For those whom had lost family and loved ones in the war, however, they didn’t care about that. Protect the world? What about their world? Their world ended when their loved ones died, slaughtered by the Horde while the vaunted Druids flew off to Hyjal and abandoned them.

Obviously their perspective is flawed, but that’s because it’s not logical to begin with. It was purely emotional.

1 Like

I really have to check the lodge again, because i recall 0 night elf themed buildings, but last i went there was probably 2020.

I also did the whole thing on a night elf hunter and never seen any nelf themed stuff besides shandris being one of the main figures there.

The place is blessed by Ohnara that isnt a night elf wild god, none of the artifacts are night elven either.

It’s the standard night elf lodge layout, just enclosed.

4 Likes

I’m taking your word for it, i’mnnot booting the game today so I can’t check.

Feels like the lodge itself is kind of a moot point if its all Nelves calling the shots in the actual campaign (I don’t know if that’s true, I ignored the class hall quests when catching my hunter up)

2 Likes

I did everything for the class mount once, the class mount questline is what i sorta remember, and you basically hang out with Odyn and kill some beasts.

I do give Trueshot Lodge props for promoting Halduron as the elf champion over Shandris or Vereesa. My boy is struggling for screentime out here.

8 Likes

Can confirm. I just flew out there to have a look at it a couple of hours ago.

1 Like

I am not one to shy away from discussing/mentioning how the Horde is sometimes lacking in the story or vice versa. (Mostly just the Horde…).

I started going into detail with a long post going into each order…but I am lazy.

That being said, I do not think the NPCs themselves are an issue, though there is an obvious slant towards the Alliance side. I agree that not all humans should be “Alliance”, and not all Undead considered “Horde”, but for some it is hard to separate due to the themes they bring. Even those politically neutral tend to invoke alliance themes

I think it largely has to do with the stories presented. Such as the uncrowned story is saving Stormwind and their spy organization.

1 Like