"The class order halls overwhelmingly favored Alliance"

Murdering someone son and murdering an entire village tends to not make people see you in a positive light.

Also, the Horde isnt one talk considering they made a the leader of the “beware the living” club their warchief.

Yes, murdering an entire village is bad.

So why are you defending the Twinbraids lmao

8 Likes

You should know his mentality by now. If the alliance comitts a crime, it’s good, glorious and for the betterment of everyone and horde bad naturally

11 Likes

Its so tiresome. Some days I wish there was a non-erivien extreme pro-garrosh/sylvanas gimmick poster so I could talk about how Krom’gar or the hillsbrad alchemist characters suck and do bad things.

But most of the unambiguously evil things done redside are… not argued. Theramore is the only real intentional horde action that is actually controversial. Groaning about bad writing or talking about the circumstances that lead to things like the orc/draenei interactions is not defending them as good.

10 Likes

There are many kinds of justification for evil in literature.

It just so happens that when the writers create a bigot, miser, sadist and bloodthirsty maniacs who exhibit antisocial and sociopathic attitudes, they’re all attached to Orcs, Undead, and Goblins.

Then when the writers want to create villains who were harmed or have trauma, and justify their actions through the loss of loved ones to violence, or simply the belief that they will do more good ends that justify the terrible means… they’re attached to Humans and Kaldorei. Which gives them a platform to argue their case and soften the blow from their actions.

After all, we want rational actors when we’re dealing with other people, so who gets the fair shot? The mindless Orc screaming “BURN BURN DIE DIE DIIIIIIIE!” or the Human crying “They took everything from me! I didn’t want this, but someone has to do something!”

It’s coded so deeply into how the two groups are presented you could write a collegiate thesis on how lopsided the bias is when it comes to the Warcraft writers.

12 Likes

Even at its worse, Bael Modan tried to displace the villagers/killed only those attacking them. No it was not nice/justified only by self defense but the entirety of post Warcraft 3 was everyone and their mother trying to play a game of wild west. Hell, the taurens themselves displaced the centaurs and cast them out of the Barrens(admitly these guys were killing them for generations) but hey, its apperently only the Alliance that get blamed as colonizers while we ignore what the Horde did to non-playable races like centaur/quilboar.(the tauren are not as bloodless as they like to pretend)

So where is the Horde reparation attempt for all their killing of these two races?

Walking into someone’s home and “self defensing” them to death because they won’t give it up is not actually self defense

That’s murder.

10 Likes

The taurens were NOMADS until warcraft 3. Everyone only started taking land and making the foundation of what would turn out to be their nation states AFTER Warcraft 3.

Even if they considered that mountain sacred. That village would not have been older then 4 years old(and even if it wasnt the taurens were taking land as well from others). Again, everyone claimed land left and right(sometimes at the expense of another race) during the period when Bael was constructed.

You talk of Alliance being evil but the Horde was doing the exact same thing as the Alliance during the period when Bael was constructed. Just to the non-playable races.

Not to mention ultimately both just ended up destroyed in the end. With Bael now in ruins and that tauren tribe scattered.

Nomads absolutely understood the concept of land, lmao. The area was explicitly said to be Stonespire land. The Tauren have static villages.

Dwarves have the run of an entire continent to blow up and mine, murdering an entire village over needing to mine RIGHT HERE is some Leopold II of Belgium level baddery. I don’t know why you’re so dead set on defending depraved acts as long as the offender wears a blue tabard but have some self respect, man.

9 Likes

So, let’s see. Party A walks into lands considered sacred by Party B and sets up shop there for their own purposes. Party B, enraged, attacks Party A, and Party A fights back. Is Party A justified?

For some people, it seems the answer is different depending on whether Party A is dwarves and Party B is tauren …

… or whether Party A is orcs and Party B is night elves.

11 Likes

And most of the barrens was centaur land by hey the Horde chased them out as well. Funny how the tauren can justify the exact same thing Bael did.

The tauren were there before the Centaur even existed, your arguments suck

8 Likes

And the Quillboar where there before the orcs. The Horde should give up their land to the old inhabitants shouldnt they?

(the tauren are not as bloodless as they like to pretend)

Blood must be shed; the Centaur and Quilboar alike were the ones that started the aggression with the Kalimdor tauren, not the other way around.

The Centaur and Quilboar were also the ones that picked a fight with the New Horde and lost. Also self-defense.

4 Likes

I like how people have absolutely zero concept of how nomad tribes actually work and just think they walk around

13 Likes

Well there we go. Thanks for defending Bael Modan.

Well there we go. Thanks for defending Bael Modan.

Except the two circumstances are not the same. Bael Modan was an instance of Dwarven imperialism and failed Tauren diplomacy; Gann Stonespire sought to reach a diplomatic effort but failed. He did not realize that if dwarves want to dig, they will dig any sense of reason be damned.

3 Likes

As oppose the Horde trying to create their new homes? The Horde was as imperialistic as anyone else when they initially wanted to make their new home.

And I doubt the Horde were particularly interested in diplomacy with the centaur or quillboar either.(in fact a few Horde vanilla quest reference them wanting to take more areas from the Quillboar and have you kill them)

Do you have a feel for when this started in the post-WC3 world? I’m thinking probably around the time Garrosh got the villain bat, but that’s just a guess.

2 Likes

There’s even a zone in the current expansion showing how many if not most nomadic tribes worked. Hard static camps for wintering or leaving people who don’t follow the herds, and pop up villages for when you’re following game.

Nomadism doesn’t mean you’re a childlike idiot who doesn’t understand the concept of “hey this is our land, shove off”

Under your weird definitions nobody has done anything wrong ever, Blackhand himself was just self defensing his way across the eastern kingdoms.

9 Likes