The Character Menu is a Disaster

Not just big, massive amounts of padding. Did they fire their graphic designers?

7 Likes

Does Blizzard not know their target playerbase or something?
Most of us are mid 20s to mid 40s.

We don’t need these massive menus to help us read. Its just so unnecessary.

4 Likes

i would have said 35+
(but i’m old, so i just assume everyone else is) :laughing:

1 Like

Frankly, it’s things like these that are making the devs to look like idiots.

The Character selection is a mess, the normal thing to do should have been to make a separation between realms.
It’s not rocket science

We should have had the possibility to adjust the UI size too.

I have expected to select the character pose in the menu. I guess that’s for later

9 Likes

Good point. However, if Realms are still going to matter we should have the ability to sort our alts by Realm. If they don’t matter, then character creation could assign realms randomly.

3 Likes

The character select screen is way worse then it use to be.

11 Likes

It was “fun” going through all the characters since it doesn’t even show servers or anything it seemed to toss everything together. However we can at least sort them out ourselves using up and down arrow so could have been worse.

Edit: Thanks to the person who mentioned the search bar didn’t even notice it at first, that’s a SUPER handy feature.

2 Likes

They are designing the game for the average age of the playerbase now.

1 Like

It’s just unfinished. You can tell by how low-effort it looks. 4 characters just idly standing around the camp fire doing nothing.

8 Likes

Not sure if I am old school but my resolution is 1920x1980 . Now I know there are a lot of monitors out there with a lot higher resolution . All blizzes big bigger new UI stuff must be made for 2 x the resolution I have . Game menu is way bigger then it was , Spell book covers half my UI . Not sure but I think the talent and spec pages are bigger too . Why did they not make them all part of the Edit Mode sure would of helped with there over sizing of stuff . I swear blizz could mess up a wet dream !!!

16 Likes

Its fonts being huge, everything cramped, and kinda unclear, really is not good. But it has some good ideas and I like the characters lined up. I won’t dismiss it as a total flop yet, but it needs some work.

3 Likes

perfect description of the new game so far.

4 Likes

Separate characters by server please. I went though and did this myself but still it feels wrong cause characters not on the current server I play on are there.

2 Likes

I’m super annoyed at this update and the new character screen. I’m not 80 years old and using a 40 inch screen across the room LOL I was looking forward to the warbands, but the gigantic font size and terrible list set up is maddening.

3 Likes

It would be best to include a filtering function, such as sorting by level and class selection. I also need the function to sort based on realms. These features should be simple yet practical.

3 Likes

Nope. It doesn’t retain the changes. Exit the game, and then log back in – and everything’s back to what it was the 1st time I logged in, including the 4 “favorites”.

Edited for a minor point of clarity

4 Likes

Additionally, a list can be created to display only the character avatars and names and level , just for quick character selection. This list would show 10 characters per row, with a total of 50 characters displayed on one page.

True but still an annoying solution as the favourites section is huge and reexpands itself every time you log on.

7 Likes

Because their UX designers are colossally incompetent. Every change to the UI in the last 10 years has been for the worse, this is just the latest screwup.

I don’t even have an unusual number of characters - maybe 3-4 that I care about on a regular basis (plus a couple more right now thanks to Timerunning) and 8 or so that are occasionally useful. Before, I could have all the ones I use regularly on the screen at once, now I can’t even fit the “favorites”.

Well, let’s not get too crazy.

I’m convinced no one on the UX team remembers what resolutions the game actually supports and designs only for their 100" curved panorama displays. That’s the only thing this massive chunky interface could actually look good on.

If they actually put this up on a normal monitor and presented it to their managers they’d get canned on the spot, it’s preposterous. Their flagship warband favorites window on the login screen doesn’t actually fit, it overlaps the character scene! Just atrocious.

okay, I gotta ask. I get why people have lots of different alts, but why on earth do you need 16 of the same alt?

7 Likes

So in other words, we need an addon to fix a problem that wasn’t there before, just because Blizz is too incompetent to not mess it up now? AWESOME design philosophy.

18 Likes