The Character Menu is a Disaster

I have played since Vanilla, and I have over 50 characters, with most of them max level. I can not even find them on the menu it is such a mess, Characters are not arranged by realm, there is simply no rhyme or reason. I am trying to organize them, but it feels like a losing battle. Can you please put a way to access the characters by realm, not just a massive dump on the menu bar.

355 Likes

Having a bigger font for everything certainly didn’t help.

138 Likes

There is a search bar that you can search all characters by name, profession, class, etc…

26 Likes

I’m pretty the conversion sorted them by “last time logged in.”

20 Likes

ontop of that, why is the Game Menu and Spellbook so massive

131 Likes

man why everything is so big, the menu, spell book, character screen…how annoying lol

104 Likes

Don’t care. I’ve never had to search before. I just know where they are. I want them grouped by realm. I don’t want to click a search button, start typing on my keyboard and try and remember names. I want them grouped by realm the same way it was for 20 years.

153 Likes

Per-server listing as an option would still be better, particularly if you have multiple of the same name+class characters on different realms.

63 Likes

But not by realm.
People with a lot of alts organize their characters by realm- and right now, its more of an effort to distinguish characters by realms because there’s no separator in the character list. You have to literally mouse over and read the fine grey lettering to tell what realm the character is on. There’s no way to just glance it.

Before, you knew right away what realm each character was on, because you could literally see at the top of the screen what realm you were in. Now its a jumbled mess.

75 Likes

Moveany lets you scale all of these.

8 Likes

I appreciate the insight, but I have same name on several servers, so lol it makes a mess :slight_smile:

32 Likes

But you shouldn’t need an addon when the scaling was perfect before.
Is the default now for elderly people who have trouble seeing or something? Its just a bizarre change that these menus are unnecessarily bloated.

55 Likes

So the thing that I got used to was having different servers for different factions. I’ll get used to this as I move my characters more in order of where I want them, but it was jarring to have to actually type their names in the search bar… Maybe I have a problem lol

8 Likes

they just need to add filter by realm name to the filter search and i’d be satisfied i think. but for people who want it they should add turn back on realm headers over each group of characters on each realm

25 Likes

I think that’s what happened. It took me a few minutes to reorganize, and unless Blizzard breaks something else I’m good to go.

2 Likes

A bigger concern to me is why are some of you keeping 50 active characters around?

8 Likes

I have 338, don’t judge me!

31 Likes

I’d like a way to organize by realm (with a section for each realm), or just give me the old way back (easier when you have 50+ toons on an account).

23 Likes

Because we are supreme leveling goblins that enjoy questing. :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Agreed, but it’s a solution until they fix whatever it is that they’ve done.

1 Like