The Cataclysm Classic Pre-Expansion Patch Goes Live April 30

The Cataclysm Classic Pre-Expansion Patch Goes Live April 30

You’ve toppled the undead armies of the Lich King and ended Arthas' reign. Now, Deathwing, The Worldbreaker, bursts from the heart of the Maelstrom, unleashing his rage. All will burn beneath the shadow of his wings. Your new journey begins with the pre-expansion patch — the Shattering of Azeroth— on April 30 and continues with the launch of Cataclysm Classic on May 20, 2024 at 3:00 pm PDT worldwide.

View Full Article

24 Likes

looking forward to it :+1:

13 Likes

Wrath Era please

34 Likes

Pick one, they are not the same

51 Likes

With the release of Cataclysm Classic, the Insane in the Membrane Feat of Strength will no longer be available.

Isn’t just the shen’dralar rep going away? Or are you going to remove the whole achievement?

7 Likes

Have fun doing content well over a decade old and solved for just as long!

I do look forward to the shocked pikachu faces when the monster cata heroics DON’T vaporize everyone instantly because they ACTUALLY weren’t all that hard and what really was the problem was just inexperience with ACTUAL new content and the fact all classes underwent the usual massive revamps and non DK tanks actually hard to learn what active mitigation is and healers pretended to be triage healers with an actual depletable mana bar…all issues that aren’t going to be factors in a rehashed game.

3 Likes

Cataclysm the first version of Classic I’ll actually play. :person_gesturing_no:

18 Likes

im excited for this but i havent gotte nmy togc immortal yet :exclamation:

1 Like

It’s not classic anymore.

It’s Retail Lite.

27 Likes

Questions… what does * Flexible Raid Lock system: Allowing players to do both 10 and 25-player raids in the same week. mean?

OG Cata you either did 10 or 25 but never both in the same week.

5 Likes

just release mop classic already jesus christ

10 Likes

Is this when humans can become hunters? I cant remember when that happened originally

2 Likes

Other question… which one is it 10 or 9 dungeons? you graphic says 10…your description says 9. (Spoilers we know its 9…)

my thought after playing the beta is that the expac got stat happy…

more complicated than I remembered, the min maxers should be thrilled…

1 Like

Should be fun to hop in for a bit and listen to Deathwing roar at me over and over again before I decide to log in.

2 Likes

Entirely different gameplay, talent system, etc. Yes, it is Classic. Changing how two continents look doesn’t suddenly make it “not Classic.”

9 Likes

thank you Blizz for bringing in the classics, definitely do the Cata once more.

4 Likes

With the release of Cataclysm Classic, the Insane in the Membrane Feat of Strength will no longer be available.

In original Cata, only Shen’dralar was removed as a requirement and the achievement was still available. This is still true in Retail.

Razzashi Hatchling: With the change to Zul'Gurub, this non-combat pet will no longer be obtainable.

No, this pet gets moved to a random STV world drop.

13 Likes

In before this is based on the last patch well after all that was nerfed and classes were completely different from launch. But yeah it shouldn’t be too hard for people these days.

Classic is referred to the world unbroken, thats where the charm and nostalgia comes from. Cataclysm changes that, along with a lot of old quests being removed, both in EK and Kalimdor

6 Likes