"The cat mount is too out of place and not real for Warcraft."

It’s just a mount lol You don’t have to ride it or buy it so why people are obsessive over the art direction for mounts is beyond me. Ride what you want.

3 Likes

For me, its not the art style but rather the meowing when people mount thats annoying… My shiba inu was about to attack my headset when I was afk in Oribos, thankfully I came back in when I did. Last night I had to switch from using my speakers to using my headset while in the BG’s due to the constant meowing making my shib go hyperbork while trying to jump onto my desk. Between this and those freaking motorcycles people jump around in to spam the sounds really have me wishing for an easier way to disable mount sounds. Forreal Bliz, give us the option!

lol shiba inu is a crypto

Please tell me that you do know its a dog breed and not just a crypto currency…

I didn’t know it Meows! I wonder if there can be a mount sound toggle or just remove the sound in some way!

meow meow meow vs dog

Tbf carpet makes sense the rat/chicken can be tied into lore via experiment gone wrong etc.The flying boat same thing plenty of magic, but the dang cat is so cartoonish its just goofy like it belongs in another game.Like Idk king’s bubble witch *Cough cough.

Just a reminder, this doesn’t look out of place at all.

Unless I overlooked it theres no option, years ago i found this comment on wowhead to get rid of the motorcycle sounds but I’ve not tried anything like that since recently returning to wow. I think I’ll have to play around with it tonight, but really there should be an option. Mount sounds are lame, and when you can spam those sounds make things even worse.

"Specific to the Chauffeured Mekgineer’s Chopper and likely the original Mekgineer’s Chopper as well.
To disable the sounds you need to create a folder in your World of Warcraft folder named, “Sound”.
Then inside the “Sound” folder, create another folder called “Vehicles”.
Then inside the “Vehicles” folder, create another folder called “MotorcycleVehicle”.
Those are all the folders you need.

Inside the “MotorcycleVehicle” folder, create a new, blank Text Document file called “MotorcycleVehicleStand.txt”.
Then rename the file to “MotorcycleVehicleStand.ogg”.
Back out of the “MotorcycleVehicle” folder and while in the “Vehicles” folder,
create a new, blank Text Document file called “VEH_AllianceChopper_Run_Constant.txt”.
Then rename it to “VEH_AllianceChopper_Run_Constant.ogg”.
Those are all the files you’ll need.

To confirm, when done you should have the two following file paths:
World of Warcraft\Sound\Vehicles\VEH_AllianceChopper_Run_Constant.ogg
World of Warcraft\Sound\Vehicles\MotorcycleVehicle\MotorcycleVehicleStand.ogg

This will silence the looped running sound while riding around, and the looped idle sound while standing still."

giant turtles and fae dragons are as old as van tbf they have a niche,pig rat and gold cow is blizz trying to drum up mirco transactions lets be real honest about that in china. The cat looks like they just decided to add a cat from the bubble witch moba activ bought.

That cat mount might be one of their fastest selling mounts because I’ve seen it everywhere.

I also bought it. :smiley:

It also triggers people if you keep spamming spacebar while backing up because it makes a lot of noise.

1 Like

It’s not a subject matter thing its a material and styling thing.

What cat mount?

dude true story, ppl in pvp get mad at motorcycle sounds, crazy

Nope, the hill I want to die on is having everyone at the same item level in pvp.

LOL @ you and you better watch out attitude…Fly away on your Disney Parade Balloon and be gone with you~ Hiss…

a glowing bright cat in the shadowlands. best argument i can come up with. and really thats just an excuse for the timing and relevance. imo its a hint that we are going to the light lands or what ever equivalent that is in the next expansion. assuming we dont end up with a filler expansion to be farmers and normal adventures cleaning up after livestock for 2g and some copper.

its fine. just a bit Alice in Wonderland feel than “im expensive” feel if that makes sense.
gets on long boi
and price gots nothing to do with it imo.
timing certainly does though. not the best time for it to be released.

darkwing brings up some good points

1 Like

woah woah, long boi did nothing wrong

I usually buy the store mounts or get them from being subbed six months. However this one I only refused to buy until I know Blizz can produce better and fun content that is also on time or slightly delayed for quality.