"The cat mount is too out of place and not real for Warcraft."

but it has big eyes and a big tail and meows

ok i agree with that take

1 Like

They’re right. A cat mount of such sort is indeed too out of place for Warcraft, but not World of Warcraft.

just get the mount and meow

Agreed 100%. Also, the new Mage Tower meta mount is literally a flying book.

A book.

A flying magic book.

The aesthetic just doesn’t look as if it fits WoW. We have constant shifts between cartoony (WoD) and semi-realism. Blocky models, etc. Now there’s this SUPER HD cat that sounds like it’s right there in your room.

I think this is most evident in older mounts like the ones from vanilla, others like mammoths, and the mice/rats, wolves, cats, etc.

The only thing that’s out of place truthfully, and so far is the chinese new years mounts. That’s it. The Dreadwake is very BFA themed for sure. Giant mice might be out of place but not out of the question to be in Warcraft, and flying carpet sure as hell can be no different than the flying magical discs, books, or inanimate objects that mages would love to ride on.

The cat that was added really has that Ardenweald feel to it, the seat sure looks like it but weirdly blends that…Nightborne material though, hard to tell so please correct me on that. At least for majority of the mounts, they have their descriptions and where their origins come from, or even just from looking at them, we can easily tell its believable to be something in Warcraft.

The cat mount is warming payers up for the next xpac, which will be called “World of Warcraft, safe space”

2 Likes

I’m actually one of those people who thinks it “doesnt look like it belongs in wow”… However, I’m not really bothered by it. No reason to hate on it just because of that. I’m glad people are enjoying it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It also matches the Vulpine Familiar mount. I would bet money that both mounts were created at the same time by the same team from the same set of concept sketches. The vulpines showed up in Ardenweald, and I’d bet the cats (which look very Cheshire but Ardenweald-themed), are a discarded bit of Alice-ish lore.

They’re not out of place at all. They are made in nearly identical style to the vulpine familiar (which now has like four different colorizations for mount and hunter pet with pups in about 8 colors for battle pets).

So keep in mind, if you’re apoplectic about the shop mount “not being available in the game,” that the Vulpine Familiar made everyone LOSE THEIR MINDS, but you can now get that model in several colors ingame and there are battle pets in the same style in a gazillion colors.

The cat will likely be the same.

i have seen a lot of dumb threads like the one asking for a dog mount when there is like a large number of dog mounts.

seriously, i don’t see why people are complaining about this mount.

1. it is a store mount, don’t like it? don’t buy it, seriously no one is telling you that you have to buy it it is just there for those that like it and want it.

2. we already have dog mounts but if you want a specific breed why not state that first instead of ignorantly say" there is no dog mount in wow" what are wolf?? fox??? that year dog mount???

3. it is cute?? and??? gnomes are cute… Vulpera are cute… Pandas are cute…
    most companion pets are freaking adorable … again does it bother you that much that a mount is cute?? don’t buy it.

4. there are way to many people using it, yeah? you can always focus on the game and ignore it… is it that hard to ignore it?? it doesn’t bother me at all, is your will that weak??

Which with this mount seems like its pointing towards “Alice in Wonderland” LMAO

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a Russian Wolfhound…

I don’t understand the argument either. I’m riding around on a rat that I literally got from hearthstone - a different game entirely. Didn’t hear any complaints about that, though.

Its not that WE are opposed to them adding things that dont fit in. Its that it is an argument blizzard use frequently to deny QoL changes like cross faction grouping. its people using their own logic against them to get what they want and your post only highlights that point.

I didn’t realize a lot of people were saying the cat mount is out of place. I saw it in game and I was more interested in buying it than I was just from the picture.

I would say, it’s too childish. But then, I am a cat guy. As well, we’ve got friggin’ PANDA characters now…so, any semblance of a ‘dark’ fantasy world is long gone. It’s just fantasy now.

1 Like

QQ sounds like pointless complaining to me.

Guilty. :sunglasses:

OP has good point, nothing is off the table anymore, if I saw a flying FedEx truck I would just be wondering where I could get one.