The case of the hidden bird chirp

Whoa now. No one touches the cookie gnome… and lives that is.

Yeah I’d have to double check with someone to see if they can hear it. Pretty sure I’ve been told “he sounds so cute” by guildies as well but who knows.

It can be hard to tell if he’s around because there are a ton of head mogs that will cover him entirely.

The strange thing about the Pepe theory is I would have expected to hear it long before. Pepe’s been around for a while now and in my experience the only time I’ve ever heard him is when I’ve summoned him myself. I wonder if blizz altered something about him recently then.

3 Likes

I keep hearing the random pepe chirp in the Heart of the forest. I keep looking around for a pepe but i can’t find him

11 Likes

I would like to add that the sound is centered in my headphones. Pepe would be easy to situate in the world from where the sound would come from. It’s not the case here.

1 Like

Yes this is a good point. The bird chirp doesn’t seem to have a direction to it. I wonder if we’ve stumbled upon something the secret finding discord would be interested by.

4 Likes

I believe I’ve heard it. It’s very random and not very often, so much so you question what you think you might have heard.

edit: I will pay more attention next time.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I’ve been hearing the same thing as well! I’ve been hearing it about the past 3 days.

16 Likes

I think I heard this either last night, or the night before. Was just in the middle of Oribos, and thought it was odd since I hadn’t heard birds in there before. I noticed I was relatively close to some Night Fae NPCs, so I kinda just shrugged it off as probably being them. Sounds like this might be more far reaching than that, though.

2 Likes

Been getting the same thing. Sounds like a single pepe sound, which I have, but not as often as if you’re wearing the bird. Took a fall death looking for a hidden Pepe but I’m starting to suspect it’s a bug with toons that have used the toy recently.

1 Like

Sorry…this is me…I like randomly popping up in places I shouldn’t be while making bird noises…

1 Like

I can keep hearing it everywhere, not only in Oribos, but Stormwind, Arenas sometimes even in Dungeons and I got no idea why it bothers me.

1 Like

I was hearing it last night. In instances with random groups, in questing, in cities, when I was alone in one of the mushroom transport system’s hidden rooms. No rhyme or reason for the sound to be there.

Just figured I was going slowly insane. You know, a normal wednsday night

5 Likes

Those of you who heard the bird, make your way to Boulder, Co.

4 Likes

I’ve heard the bird in instances and lfr on my Paladin. I’ve also heard it on my Rogue in the covenant area. It’s DRIVING ME CRAZY.

I don’t know if I’d say it was a bird chirp, but I hear this toy hammer sound a lot that I’m not sure what it’s signaling. Maybe it’s a mod, though.

OMG, I thought I was going crazy, I’ve been hearing it too. Not only that but I think my new pet has a aural sound that sounds like my cat meowing in a different room. I am cracking up.

6 Likes

I definitely heard it last night in Oribos, so you’re not crazy!

1 Like

I hear it too but I assumed it was because I was Night Fae.
Not this guy.
I also hear the wet sound in Maldraxus but I thought the mobs were kinda gassy.

1 Like

This is the WoW version of the Taos Hum.

3 Likes