The case of the hidden bird chirp

So for the last few days i’ve been hearing at random intervals a bird chirping sound in-game. It can happen anywhere. In Oribos, in pvp instances, anywhere. Its not often but on occasion it happens. Its like the SFX from Pepe but i’m not wearing Pepe and as far as i can tell no one around me is either. After checking in with other players I am told that many other people have also experienced it so I don’t think i’m going insane just yet.

Does anyone know whats going on here?

Edit: Current working theory is that it’s due to the Night fae soul shape ability coupled with the “Horn of the Wild Hunt” conduit/thingy.

47 Likes

Its the bird box. Don’t look into their eyes and perish. If you look at the guys drawings, he was clearly drawing a shadow priest in void form. Come here, let me look at you.

15 Likes

The what? I tried looking “bird box” up on Wowhead but didn’t get anywhere.

2 Likes

Smoke alarm needs a new battery.

54 Likes

It’s the ambience!

But it is creepy because there are no birds in Bastion unless you count those bird stag things and flying lions.

2 Likes

Dang it all GD! Don’t make me kidnap the cookie gnome! No more cookies for any of you!

7 Likes

Can’t say I’ve heard any chirping. Then again both the Maw and Revendreth have all these typical Halloween sounds. Doors opening etc. Even Torghast has this deep long “sigh” for lack of a better word

4 Likes

Were you in a party when you heard it? Does it sound vaguely like a quiet screech? You might be hearing the Squeeky Bat.

It’s the ducks of WoW coming back to haunt us all after we genocided them.

6 Likes

No party. It’s definitely a bird chirp. Just like Pepe does or very similar to.

16 Likes

I heard it! Three times since yesterday. Freaked me out a bit.
And would you believe me if I told you there’s another, different, sound?
It’s the sound of a big wet kiss. Heard it a few times this week too.

12 Likes

See! I’m not alone! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa

Let’s not do anything drastic!

Maybe it’s a noise from something else running on your computer? A notification sound or something?

1 Like

No. I have nothing on my PC that could make that sound.

This can do it and I believe you can hear him chirp as well when other people are nearby

https://wowhead.com/item=122293/trans-dimensional-bird-whistle

1 Like

Bastion has tons of birds. Generic ones flying way up in the sky, normal owls in some places, stewards…

3 Likes

Close the window.

1 Like

Yes that’s Pepe. I already mentioned why I didn’t think it was that but maybe missed it. I didn’t even know you could hear other people’s Pepe’s tbh.

So a gnome and a goblin hear strange sounds. Maybe if the rest of us lie down in Oribos, we’ll hear it too.

11 Likes