The Black Bride 8.2

www.google.com/how_do_i_delet_treng

1 Like

wait 50 years

3 Likes

/turns over hourglass

/watches expectantly

I kid. I kid.

If I just read his quote, I would think it was a joke. If I just heard it, I would think it was a joke. Isolated.

But I saw it. He seems to have venom when he discusses the subscribers he views as “wrong”. He looked a bit red faced and as if he had been “partaking” in festivities. Many a truth is said in jest, and “wine reveals many truths.”

I have seen the devs express their vision. It paints a picture.

2 Likes

We’re playing an MMO, an NPC doesn’t need a character for people to get attached to, hell, it doesn’t need to be an an NPC; everyone and anyone gets attached to what they want to, I find it in poor taste to play this down. Captain Placeholder, Old Blanchy, whatever weren’t ridiculed when they were removed from the game, both are entirely Alliance-exclusive.

Regarding the Black Bride, while a non-character NPC she isn’t exactly unknown to the playerbase. A quick google search regarding Forsaken character discussion and the Black Bride is regularly mentioned as a pre-existing character Blizzard can use to represent the Forsaken that isn’t Sylvanas. So its doubly insulting people play down the loss of such a character the playerbase wanted to be represented/used over the years.

16 Likes

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Captain_Placeholder
Captain Placeholder was in Orgrimmar and the goblin rocketway.
Captain Placeholder cares not for factions, only that people get to their destination.

All a quick google search of the Black Bride came up with was, “She’s the battlemaster for Arathi Basin, located in Arathi Highlands.” and “She sometimes announces arena matches located in Lordaeron Ruins.” She has two dialogue lines. One to tell you to enter Arathi Basin, and the other to say you’re not high enough level.

It’s fine to be all like, “:frowning: oh, that’s unfortunate” because an NPC you recognize is getting axed, but the overly emotional responses just make me feel like people are hamming it up to go, “Woe is me, oh WOE IS ME! Why should I bother caring about any Horde characters when they might be killed at a moment’s notice? How dare Blizzard make me fight against such a beloved and recognized figure?”
/s

Nathanos thinks it necessary for you to “play along” and that it’s all part of the Dark Lady’s plan, so I imagine that the Black Bride’s death will be vindicated in the future.

3 Likes

And again, what is it particularly to you regarding people’s emotional responses of attachment to her? In this thread I’ve seen in range multiple levels and arguably each level is justified in its own right. Again, we’re playing an MMO, people get attached to the simplest or most random of things on various levels. I already stated that the Black Bride has been a reoccurring character topic of discussion over the past years within the Forsaken community, that’s not enough in your eyes to warrant attachment in a minority community of narrative enthusiasts?

Just because you fail to see the attachment doesn’t negate the attachment that people state exists. Again, I cite the likes of Captain Placeholder and Old Blanchy because, personally, I never encountered them. Yet when they were removed from the game/died I didn’t go out of my way to berate people for expressing their concern, and neither did anyone from the community if I recall.

Hell in Legion we were dealing with Alliance’s Darkshire Night Watch loss. Horde posters didn’t go “well they’re cultists now, suck it up”.

Edit: Do a bit of scrolling in this thread and Deathisfinal has already linked threads on said discussion on the Black Bride that happened prior to this patch datamine.

18 Likes

Boy. All this does is make Theramore even more of an atrocity to me. Consider all those NPCs with two lines and some flavor text - just gone up in flames in an instant! :’(

RIP Kinndy Sparkshine. You were my favorite.

Did Alliance players work with Garrosh to destroy Theramore and kill Kinndy for being in their way?

Because it looks like Horde characters will fight along side Jaina, killing the Black Bride and Sunreavers in Orgrimmar.

19 Likes

Good! Its about time you guys did the right thing for a change.

4 Likes

You ignore the fact that in your complaint about the Gnome, she is an Alliance character killed by the Horde. Alliance Players aren’t sent to destroy Theramore and kill her.

Horde players are slaughtering Horde characters in their capitol. Again.

That comparison is off. If you had to kill that Gnome yourself, I could see a connection.

19 Likes

Curse. I don’t care that you fail to see a connection. I responded to someone talking about the emotional weight of and attachment to a character. Its a tangent of the whole. They were not, and in turn, I am not creating a full comparison.

1 Like

You responded to me with what’s tantamount to a raspberry. I was pointing out that your dismissal of the complaints, and lamentations about Alliance losses, ignore that fact that Alliance players are not made to commit these acts to themselves.

The Horde players are.

11 Likes

Yeah at least you guys get to say good bye to your evil characters.

We just got a cheap cutscene of all our favorites blasted away in a flash.

RIP Hedric Evencane. I barely knew ye :’(

Not what I did. You’re instead making an argument for me and then pummeling it for upboats. Your typical MO. I responded to someone remarking specifically on the value of NPCs by making a quick comnent on that tangent about an event they helped me reframe in my mind. Thats all.

You’re free to continue to dismiss Duskwood ( we help a horde character wipe out a town of ours turned evil), Sira and Delaryn (we kill characters of ours turned evil), Benedictus, etc and go on whining about how much Blizz has forsaken you and Alliance players don’t know your struggle. Do go on again harping on my post that was never a comparison, about how its not a good comparison.

1 Like

Blizzard cares deeply about the player base.

For one thing, they are passionate, creative people. You don’t dedicate your life to a medium, and put in the kind of hours that people in the gaming business do, if you don’t want to make a great product.

For another thing, they all want to get paid.

They just aren’t executing well, and I think they are genuinely shocked by the barrage of criticism this expansion has seen, for story as well as for mechanics. In terms of story, I think they’ve lost touch with their player base, and instead of trying to write a story for an active audience to engage with - i.e. an RPG story that foregrounds the player - they have shifted to mostly writing a story for a passive audience to watch - i.e. more like a movie, or TV series.

Others have alluded to Game of Thrones. I think that is an interesting comparison, because I do think the writing staff increasingly think of themselves in terms of delivering a slowly unfurling, epic narrative to us, much of which will pay off over months and even years. And I think that is the wrong way to approach a medium that players consume constantly, in repetitive chunks.

14 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Oh please, at best the whole “delete the Horde character” is a hypothetical thing, considering how following Sylvanas is gonna end up badly for well anyone who follows her the thought that “lorewise” your player character would die is what he was implying. Hell, I recall some people saying if Garrosh die they would stop playing and consider their character dying with Garrosh.

1 Like

Huh? They are still around. Alliance characters did not kill them in the first place - and you didnt kill them yet as Undead. I believe Blizz has said they will be important to the future of the Night Elves story.

They are the Alliance equivalent to the Horde fighting Maiev and Shandris. Gamepedia says they all escape. And we see Shandris mentioned in the datamining.

Those characters aren’t done yet. So not sure why they are relevant in this discussion.

The idea of trying to get “upvotes” is laughable. I dont even know where that comes from. I was having a discussion with you, however brief and not very friendly.

The idea of trying to get upvotes is funny. But “upboats” is a funny typo, too. Very aquatic. Like if I am floating and require boats.

5 Likes

Its not a typo. And that is a great microcosm for every interaction with you. You routinely misjudge, misread, misinterpret, and misrepresent through a mix of bad faith, condescension, and a seemingly willful habit of poor reading comprehension.

As for my saying kill instead of FIGHT Sira and Delaryn. Got me. GG.

Excuse me. I didnt know “upboat” was even a thing. I just looked it up. I am not aware of all these internet buzz words people throw at me. I figured it was a typo.

I learn the meaning of more nonsense accusations and internet insults every day, from posters like you.

I see it is slang for upvote? Well upboat is still a funny image to me. Reminds of the ending of Titanic. Why do people make a slang word that means the same thing and only has 1 letter changed? Anyway.

We all fall short of the glory of the fel.

7 Likes

Just because the ignore feature is gone doesn’t mean you have to read posts you don’t want to. It’s pretty easy to see an person’s character photo or name and scroll passed them.