The Battle for Wintergrasp in Wrath Classic

Ok, I have to say, I knee jerk blew up on my last comment without fully reading the notice. I am ok with this… It will work almost the same and be on a 3 not 4 hour timer. Be in zone or Dal and queue up… DAoC group still being assembled… Gotta see whether it is FS or current servers for us since I want to see 65-35% pop min for the opposition PREFERABLY as a target rich environment is nice :smiley: (Currently playing undergeared WPVP on Benediction and leveling Alliance on Sulf)… It also seems to be SERVER ONLY… I WANT my old enemies like I had back in original Wrath… That’s my biggest thing I want.

So, if I understand this correctly:

• Wintergrasp Queues spawn
  • Multiple Wintergrasps are started, cross-realm
  • If anyone in any Wintergrasp, from your server, wins a single battle, everyone from that faction gets access to VOA on that server?

Or is it “We spun up 30 Wintergrasp across Classic, 29 were Horde won, 1 was Alliance won, everyone gets a buff”?

2 Likes

If all it takes is one of the instances on your server to win for the faction, wont most players leave their instances as soon as they know the battle is “won” for their faction?

This is unacceptable.
The Wintergrasp zone is still a thing in RETAIL WoW, and that works with phasing just fine.
Other PVP events like Battle for Nazjatar also work fine with phasing.
So there clearly is no fundamental issue with phasing that causes problems with Wintergrasp. The reason they gave seems like an excuse.

Honestly, it’s very insulting that they’d rather lie to us and claim it’s “phasing” that’s causing the issue, rather than putting in the work to create an authentic Wrath Wintergrasp experience.

The iteration of Wintergrasp blizzard is promoting here is going to turn off A LOT of people from Wrath Classic.

18 Likes

Can’t wait to be back in wintergrasp. I wonder how they are going to fix the super server that is all horde or all alliance. Glad I’m on grobulus and it’s currently pretty balanced.

2 Likes

Exactly this, seems like a bunch of their announcements lately are just purely blizzard being lazy not wanting to put effort into the game because they know we’ll sub either way and thinking their entire playerbase is stupid enough to fall for it.

4 Likes

Blizzard: No RDF, it kills the community aspect.
Also Blizzard: Make Wintergrasp cross-realm even though it’s a big part of the server’s community, at least for pvp.

14 Likes

Wait… because of layers and the faction wide buff, doesnt this mean that theres basically always going to be access to the vault because each faction will probably be winning on whatever layers, thus making the consequences of the battle far less consequential, thus less motivation to participate?

7 Likes

This, right here. The problem that #somechanges created is that now the floodgates are open, and the devs can just do what they want instead of delivering Wrath Classic.

This isn’t Wrath Classic. This is Wrath Re-Visisted/Redux/v2.0 or whatever you want to call it. But it isn’t “classic”.

And to be clear: I agree that if I have to suffer to make a group for the “We WaNt ThE sOcIaL aSpEcT” that so few people have been screaming for, then they can suffer through WG as it was.

5 Likes

But muh authenticity! Lmao. Watch 25% of the player base drop off after p1

7 Likes

While this might not be the “best” approach, i guess trying it out would be the only way to see if it works.

Even if we kept wg as is from vanilla, it really wouldnt feel the same 10k players against 5000 “raid bosses”.

Cross server seems like it would be an ideal solution, but even in that case the more you think about it, the more other issues pop up that dont seem ideal.

The post made by Crackpype seems like a good idea for the most part.
We cant really say that one solution fixes everything with how things are now in classic servers.

We’ll just have to try it and see, i just hope (big hope) that Blizzard will make changes as we need them, even if that means re hauling WG.

My problem isn’t that changes are needed for WG, because they are. My problem is that I’m told to deal with the removal of an optional QoL feature like RDF/LFD cause “s3rVer IdenTitY” and “community” and “immersion”…but PvP? Nah, we need all hands on deck!

This shows that RDF/LFD being removed was never about any of those things. And the BS diaper bin regarding this whole situation is starting to overflow and stink up Northrend.

12 Likes

the zone is still there, you can still go there.

I don’t get the point in fighting to win Wintergrasp now. They’ve basically screwed it lol.

11 Likes

So after all the hard work trying to figure out the best idea, you’ve come up with the idea that basically copy pastes the retail Wintergrasp battleground into WotLK with a few tweaks. This would have been the least effort option. Sounds pretty convenient if you ask me, a little too convenient. :confused:

8 Likes

I agree with all of this. Blizzard is literally just choosing the easiest option that requires the least amount of work in every aspect of the game and then trying to tie it to some stupid value.

9 Likes

This wrath is gonna be the most botched thing since turtle wow

7 Likes

Let me get this straight…

They’re making an outdoor version of WG that unlocks things for you to do (i.e. Elementals) but you’ll be PVP flagged while doing it? Soooo, what they’re saying is that they’re going to make an area to where realms that have an over populated faction can just go around griefing the under populated faction?

Seems legit /s

1 Like

and yet there won’t be a wintergrasp like NPC who can queu you up for random PvE dungeons, The logical fallacy is astounding.

1 Like

The only purpose WG has is access to VoA