The Battle for Wintergrasp in Wrath Classic

You’ll be okay without it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, because I wont be playing

10 Likes

Im also wondering this because what if both factions on the same server win, they both control the fort? Or is it 1 single instanced WG every 3 hours and not multiple like we’re assuming.

Which faction will get access to the keep with a victory, or will the NPCs be moved?

Can we get a TL;DR?
You could throw bare minimum 50% of this article out and lose nothing.
An additional 25% is BS fluff that you can’t honestly think anyone believes- at least not those that’ve played any version of WoW for longer than 2 years.

4 Likes

no blizzard had a hand in it with the lazy layering and other money saving technologies that alter the OG experience, and therefore have consequences.

Are Vendors layered for both factions?

3 Likes

We WaNt ThE sOcIaL aSpEcT …

Leave WG as it was, if people have to suffer to make a group for dungeons, they should suffer in original WG as well

21 Likes

And Classic wasn’t vanilla, nor TBCC Burning Crusade. Never was, nor were they intended to be.

The game designs of 2004-2007 are not compatible with modern gamers.

3 Likes

If a server dominated by one faction queues. Lets say 800 horde and 80 alliance queue.

That means 20 instances with 40 horde. Do the 80 alliance get spread to 4 in each instance or are a couple more balanced and the rest even less balanced?

1 Like

I’m happy with the decision to make it an instanced BG, it’s a viable solution that wouldn’t require vast restructuring of content.

There are a few questions I have which other players have also mentioned about how it will work once it comes out, but I guess we will see.

Please throw some clarification at us blizzard, this has a lot of questions that have been opened.

1 Like

I’m really curious about this essence of wintergrasp… does this mean you have to participate in a wintergrasp battle in order to do the raid? Back in my day I would wintergrasp on my rogue then follow up with healing on my druid… will this not work now or will it work out just fine?

This is your daily reminder that Blizzard could have fixed all of these problems by implementing faction locks on servers.

15 Likes

hardly …you’ve inverted reality

game designers are not capable of making compelling games for modern gamers

5 Likes

Layers were implemented to preserve server health. In theory, it would work.

The eploitive and twitchy nature of modern day players wasn’t well-anticipated.

1 Like

Lol blizzard is honestly just putting the least amount of effort they possibly can into this game. They can’t be bothered to remake an rdf so they claim it’s for the social aspect and then instance one of the biggest social events in wotlk. What a joke.

23 Likes

Well, I was trying to pull as many of my pvp players going back to DAOC into the game based on this being an open world keep battle. I will be stopping that now and not be playing. Not interested in another clusterfk BG! Bye!

6 Likes

Listen to your community and address dungeon finder.

8 Likes

Yeah I really didn’t either.
With specifically stating that Tenacity will be a factor and the threshold for the battle commencing so low, that implies that it will not be cross realm. They did not specifically state cross realm and with their renewed focus on community and no RDF, cross realm seems unlikely.

@Blizzard could y’all please clarify?
@Cleavis if you have some “insider” CC scoop on this that you can share that would be helpful.

4 Likes

Hahaha. Listen to the community. Funny

5 Likes