The AV Choice

Nice try, but the difference is that 1.12 was done in response to people who wanted the rewards but didn’t want to put in the time.

and the last half of my post doesn’t even make sense in the context of easy to obtain rewards from AV =P

Then lobby to not have marks of honor in classic. They were cancerous participation trophies.

I loved the Marks of honor. Those should stay for sure.

If I have to sit through giant AV’s then so be it! Just means the mount will be that much more rare and exclusive. (And I LOVE rare and exclusive things :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: I would just prefer not to go through all that noise for AV for my mount(s)

I would add that the more they shift classic away from 1.12 to elements with earlier (IMHO better) states, the less it will be like PSs, while keeping the IP safe.

2 Likes

Well you are just assuming that is the reason why people want the 1.12 version. Which is wrong, I personally prefer the 1.12 version of AV because I personally find it a funner experience it has nothing to do with loot/rep/mounts. Plus it does work in your context, if you don’t want to play that AV, there is nothing in there that you NEED anyway, so don’t play it.

But understand that attempting to make as many people happy (appeasement) as possible is precisely what led WoW down the road to it’s current state.

1 Like

it is true. The door swings both ways. If it’s 1.12+ then people who want sub 1.12 don’t have to play it. The inverse is obviously true as well.

But I think whatever the majority is - or whatever patch they decide to go with. Is what they’re going to do.

Thus. I am PRETTY SURE they said they’re going to do 1.12… So I am pretty sure AV is going to be 1.12. Which will make me a relatively happy camper… But the rest of the Classic community? TBD.

Yeah I hear you. If you don’t mind friend just refer to my recent post above. I was essentially stating they should just make a decision and roll with it and let come what may. If it’s 1.12? Then it’s 1.12. If it’s not 1.12? Then it’s not 1.12.

I’m not assuming anything.

If the point of view I was attacking wasn’t yours then maybe my post was not aimed at you?

You’ll notice a distinct lack of the phrase “Only people who want 1.12 are those who want easy rewards” in my post, because that’s not something that I believe is the case.

When it comes to the people who want 1.5 AV for fun vs the people who want 1.12 AV for fun then of course I will say they should use the one I prefer and will say the other people should just deal with it.

There isn’t going to be a decent argument either side can make other than “I want this version because I think it’s more fun”. I’m not going to pretend like AV 1.5 was some master class of game design that will cause people to not play if it’s not there.

On the flip side, make it too much like what people are already getting on PSs, and those players will simply remain on PSs.

Note that when people say they prefer the later versions like 1.12, their reasoning is very much different than those who like the old versions. No details are given concerning “finding 1.12 funner” that do not relate to quicker games and faster loot acquisition.

I’m fairly certain that most Private Servers have stated publicly that they’ll be closing down with the launch of Classic.

And I am fairly certain that Acti-Blizzard will snuff out any remaining Private Servers with the whoop-butt stick and hit em’ with a “C&D” letter.

Edit to address your actual comment: People are HOPING (From my understanding of the Classic Waiting Room movement) is (Most people) are basically like “If this isn’t exactly like X server I’m not playing” so if anything I am hoping it’s extremely close to what people are experiencing on private servers.

And unlike private servers. People don’t risk losing their progress at any given moment due to Blizzard telling them to shut-down or a corrupt dev/GM just doesn’t like someone and bans them or something. There’s always dumb risks for stuff like that on fan-run servers.

One private server announced that, IIRC.

If they could have they would have beck in the very beginning of the PSs. Regardless, wouldn’t they be better served by creating a better product?

Made a quick edit. Sorry friend.

And back then it was a relatively harmless thing. Kinda like cutting in line at the cafeteria. But now that it will be going directly against Blizzard and a challenge against their current content I imagine they’re going to go to greater extents to protect their IP (But that’s just an assumption on my part)

For such a similar gameplay experience, $15/month is a hard sell simply for character retention. Again, if they want to actually entice those players to play classic rather than PSs, they would be better served by making a more attractive product rather than threats.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I am HOPING Blizzard will make a separate form of subscription for Classic…

(Refer to my post here: Classic Update - March 1 - #213 by Protnshock-korgath )

Though I honestly don’t have the greatest idea for it all I can really do is serve as a springboard for ideas for the future. It’s such a delicate / fragile topic.

This is the phrase I am talking about. You are assuming they made 1.12 for the specific reason to give the people who want easy rewards what they want. Which is nothing more than an assumption. They did it because they thought this was better for the gameplay of AV because day long BGs weren’t really attractive to the mass amount of people playing at the time.

Or… OR! You could think of it from a logical point of view and go with the one that makes the most sense. For example, I personally would have wanted Classic to go patch by patch exactly like vanilla happened… but I can think logically that since they said they are making the game from the foundation of 1.12 that I probably shouldn’t ask for old talents. It’s a tough concept for this forum to think logically, I know, but just try it sometime.

Honestly, I am not trying to argue that your opinion on what version should be used is wrong or not. I am calling you out for saying something as dumb as “They should just use (my version) of this thing, and everyone else who doesn’t like it JUST SHOULDN’T PLAY IT!!”. Because that is probably the weakest argument you could have and it could (and did) get flipped around on you.

I would rather you maybe put some thought behind an idea and actually list the reasons why you think it’s better.

But, this is the classic forum so I don’t know what I expected.

I don’t think Blizzard should worry too much about people who are going to be flaky on their subscriptions in the first place.

Anybody threatening to leave or go back to private servers because they didn’t get precisely what they want should honestly just not be considered.

Blizzard should focus on making Classic the best possible Classic WoW that they can.

Now personally I think that means 1.5 AV and things like earlier versions of threat and I’ll argue in favour of that, but I’m also going to acknowledge that some people will legitimately find the 1.12 versions more fun.

It’s just that fun is so subjective a topic that naturally my response will be “I hope they use the one I want, and other people can just not play it if they don’t like it”. Sure it seems selfish, but so are the people who want 1.12 for whatever reason.

1 Like

I think 1.12 is a great place for them to start at. Tbh it seems like the only / earliest place for them to start at that makes sense.

I prefer 1.12 version of AV because I do not find turtle matches very fun. I find no fun in these ‘epic’ battles 24/7 where all you do is spam aoes or if you don’t have an aoe you just either sit back and attempt to hit someone with a spell without getting one shot or if you are a melee just sitting back doing nothing or charging in and getting one shot then waiting on a rez. 1.12 spreads the people out a bit where some are defending the base, some are taking towers, some are defending the towers, some are attacking jaina, some are defending galv.

I have, and many others have listed reasons why they prefer the 1.12 version but most of the time it is just responded with sentences such as “LOL GO PLAY BFA THEN”, which I find it hilarious when the context is a version of AV in vanilla.

EDIT: That isn’t to say I hate the older version. I do like that playstyle every now and then which is why I love city raids… But when it is non-stop and that is all you are getting for sometimes days in an AV… it gets old fairly quickly IMO.

Technically unless Blizzard comes in here and tells us why they changed AV, you also just made an assumption on why they did it =P

However, what I assumed was why Blizzard changed it. I didn’t assume that everybody who liked 1.12 only liked it for easier rewards.

Which is the thing I’m being accused of.

The logical thing to work on is that, all other things being equal, I should ask for the game that I desire the most.

1.12 is the foundation so I’ve stopped asking for patch progression(which is what I would truly want), but Blizzard saying 1.12 foundation doesn’t rule out using earlier versions of very specific things like BGs or dungeons.

Especially considering, you know, they specifically asked for our opinion on those things.

I quickly stated my opinion and didn’t think it was necessary to repeat the reasons why people like 1.5 AV for the 982349239th time. That wasn’t really the purpose of my post, as evidenced by the fact that it was only 1 line of it.

I’m sorry if I insulted your intelligence by assuming I did not need to repeat those reasons =P

1 Like