Classic Update - March 1

There’s a lot of stuff like demon summoning details that never got added to patch notes back then. Every major patch you’ll usually find some undocumented changes that were found out and never listed. It wouldn’t surprise me that this is one of those undocumented changes that never got listed in the patch notes and was never caught by data miners or even noticed much.

“community” yea. The people I see complaining about it are the same handful of people and are not indicative of the community as a whole. For as much as people are screaming the sky is falling, you’d think, if this was a big issue to the community, there’d be more than a handful of people posting against it.

1 Like

Without a subs added figure, your guess of a year means less than nothing.

Buuuuuttttttt… let’s have some fun with math shall we? How about we say a million new subs for your year? That means you think Blizz spent $180 million strictly on production costs for Classic without adding on extra for marketing. Surely you can’t believe that Blizz would drop that much on a game without marketing it and while many games have marketing expenses that are more than the cost of production, we’ll say Blizz went cheap on marketing and only spends an additional 50% on marketing. Total cost now is $270 million.

Congratulations. You’ve just given Classic a budget to rival that of GTA V, adjusted for inflation. Not bad for a game that Blizzard doesn’t consider a front line release.

That seems kinda high to me. I mean, unless you think Blizzard wouldn’t consider a GTA V size game to be significant.

A fair request.

I am guessing they are doing a straight dump of 1.12 and don’t have any content updates.

This decision was probably made months ago and as one poster mentioned it is to minimise negative player reaction.

The lack of basic human communication on the above leads me to this conclusion.

You can expect easy raids, Warriors taking over servers, 1 token Druid for MC, and other Vanilla shenanigans.

Sharing and loot trading means I know they are not serious about this project and treat the player base with contempt. Evidence: look at the appalling content provided at Blizzcon.

Seems Blizzlike to me.

4 Likes

Seems reasonable to me. If they actually cared they would get the game director of his chuff and tell us what’s going on.

3 Likes

Not even 90% of the people can ever be indicative of the community as a whole though so that is a pretty much a non argument I will accept that the majority of the community don’t view them as game breaking features and thus don’t bother to complain.

And while I personally agree that neither of them are indeed not game breaking features I also do think that the way they are implemented plays a key part in their success and can actually be quite alright.
If for example loot trading is only implemented to be in effect when master looter is used then it really has no harmful side effects.
And if RCR has no automated punishments and just leads to GM checking it if enough reports come in then it’s a fine way to weed out misbehaving players.

It’s not that these systems are inherently bad it’s just all about the implementation.

I would love for them to have a Classic Subscription that’s joined and also separate to the Retail subscription.

For example: “If you pay for a Battle for Azeroth World of Warcraft subscription (with a WoW token or $) you’ll have access to both World of Warcraft: Classic as well as Battle for Azeroth.”

OR you can pay say… $9.99 for a WoW Classic sub and not have access to Battle for Azeroth. (I would see this as an extremely good market strategy directly pointed at the market of people who want WoW Classic but don’t want BFA / people who played private servers and basically haven’t touched ‘retail’ in several expansions.

This would help them get a clearer view of just how many people are there for the Classic experience not just something to do. They can also be making more money off of Classic alone.

My only immediate problem with this is, if people in the ‘camp’ of players who are there for WoW classic and nothing else might want a “Gold” option / WoW classic token option… This is just me spit-balling but perhaps they could pay for a WoW classic sub for like… 150 Gold? Who knows… Maybe make it so that you can only buy classic tokens from Blizzard for a static gold price but not able to sell so the gold market doesn’t get inflated? Maybe this is a bit of an ambitious idea but I am curious as to what you all think.

But I imagine there’s plenty of people who would jump all over paying for a Classic Only sub only and not wanting anything to do with BFA, especially if it was at a reduced price.

So what about core issues that your player base is worried about such as loot sharing and sharding with the largest concern being the right click to report function. things that your PLAYERS are concerned with.
P.S. keep AV correct no timer please other wise this will be trash

1 Like

i agree, the player base who want true classic wow need answers before we waste our time such as right click to report and sharding. also a large concern is AV. AV was a WAR that could last an entire day from start to finish and thats NOT broken.

Thanks for the update and we appreciate the hard work going into this. As a long time TBC Mage I will be back once Classic is launched. /Cheers

It’s Monday. We can now hope for a new blue post through Friday.

3 Likes

Lets hope so, my wish to play Vanilla is starting to feel like a nasty itch.
You know. the sort that lives at that place on your back, that is so damm hard to reach.
Or under the cast off your broken leg.
arghhhhh i need to scratch feeling = I need to play feels

1 Like

Post was unpinned.

Hmmm, interesting.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Happening time?

More things coming? :thinking:

Watching like a hawk atm, and feeling silly while doing so.

In before “just removing the sticky as protocol”. Don’t play with my heart like that, blue guy.

1 Like

oii my hart … oii

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:

10 Likes

Seen that message flash by as well, just cant find where it went. it was in a small window. And faded in like a sec.

That right there says it all.