The Amani are worthy of respect

Boy have you picked the wrong fight.
I’ve got all of this screenshotted and highlighted with notes taken.

Look forward to tonight when I get home.

I understand it to a point, they didn’t magically have an atlas of the whole world and knew that they could have gone further south and been fine

but I also understand that they’d have fought with the amani before settling Silvermoon and invaded up to the very doorstep of the Amani capital before creating their barrier.

2 Likes

Oh boy I bookmarked it already.

1 Like

Yeah. I mean like I said, I’m not saying the conquest was good. Just understandable given both options by then were fairly unappealing. It’d be a lot less understandable if leaving was easy.

That’s an… interesting post and all, but completely irrelevant to the discussion we’re having. I contend that the Highborne, like the orcs, unwittingly intruded upon forests whose natives struck the first blow. This is my proof:

Dath’Remar chose to lead his people away from Tirisfal to avert violence and spare them from further calamity. He decided that they would try to make a new home in the north. There, Dath’Remar’s scouts had discovered a region rife with lush forests and powerful ley energies. Intent on reaching this land, the beleaguered Highborne struck out north and into the unknown. (…) But the elves soon discovered that another race also called this region home: the barbaric Amani trolls. (…) The Amani sent out raiding parties immediately, and the Highborne learned to fear troll ambushes in the dense forests.

You could argue the Amani had good reason to butcher the Highborne on sight; I might even agree they did; but to the point I’m making: the night elves and Cenarius felt exactly the same way about the orcs.

1 Like

I see.
I thought you were implying nelves didn’t know where the troll empires were and as a result of that I thought I was dealing with Zerde Jr.

I’ll read about good ole dathremar when I get home tonight.

Though to be clear, regardless of if dathremar knew or not, trolls suffered the biggest genocide Azeroth has ever seen at the hands of elves. I wouldn’t give them the chance to repeat it, either.

Genuine question, not trying to be snarky, but where else could they have gone? There would have been humans in the south. I’m not sure how spread out humanity was at that point, but they were very much there. The Thandol span didn’t exist at this time to my knowledge either so they where kind of stuck in that general area.

They had boats, they didn’t swim over to EK

2 Likes

Unclear if they still had them. Once they landed in Tirisfal they traveled for months to they location the settled in Tirisfal. And from there they resided for 500 years. And then they proceeded on foot over the mountains.

1 Like

Yeah, no.
Dathremar served Queen Azshara during PAX NELFANA.
There is absolutely no way he was ignorant to where troll land was.

3 Likes

Treng again trying to ignore lore and manufacture his own.

Which Chronicle covers Dathremar?
I want to read it.
And take screenshots.
And highlight them.
And take notes.
:relieved:

So you can outright deny them when they’re inconvenient?
And make up random claims not supported by them?
All you done do far, lol. Horde Zerde at this point.

What are you gonna do. If a passage that straightforward and explicit isn’t going to reorient him to the canon it’s probably not worth the headache; let him believe the Highborne ventured into the “unknown” knowing.

Whichever Titan biographer wrote these things sure was stupid. Why would they characterize Sunstrider as a guy unwilling to initiate conflict with the natives of this virgin land he’d come to as a stranger when he’d secretly mapped the entire continent and was actually plotting to kill all the trolls from the first? :joy_cat:

Nice cope.
Continue seething.

1 Like

Yeah. Just annoying when people like Treng and Zerde are dishonest over and over. Like they can have their views without that. But can’t change people.

Like his response to quoted lore was “Yeah, no.” Doesn’t get much more oblivious.
While going through gymnastics about what actually happened.

I’ve read it.
They got lost in a mountain storm for a month.
This doesn’t say that Dathremar “”“magically forgot where the trolls were.”“”
It says they were literally lost and decided to claim the land anyway.

1 Like

It says they discovered that region was the home to Trolls.
That means they didn’t know that.

2 Likes

Yes.
After they were lost in a month long snow storm and discovered beautiful land that warmed their hearts.
They discovered that the land they were in was troll land, because they didn’t know what land they were in at all.
And they didn’t care.
Surprise, surprise.

It’s hard to forget something you don’t know in the first place. The Highborne only “discovered that another race also called this region home” after making the trek, and that other race made their presence known with “immediate raiding parties.”