The Amani are worthy of respect

Scholars believe the first human settlements in Jerusalem took place during the Early Bronze Age—somewhere around 3500 B.C. In 1000 B.C., King David conquered Jerusalem and made it the capital of the Jewish kingdom. His son, Solomon, built the first holy Temple about 40 years later.Aug 23, 2017

:relieved:

We should have had barrel-chested brutish amani trolls with the wildest mohawks as playable races by now, introduced to wow along with an axethrower class.

1 Like

King David and King Solomon (who you cited) are two different people. And the details of King David are also debated.

The Mesha stele, erected by King Mesha of Moab in the 9th century BCE, may also refer to the “House of David”, although this is disputed.[9][10] Apart from this, all that is known of David comes from biblical literature, the historicity of which has been extensively challenged,[11] and there is little detail about David that is concrete and undisputed.[12] Debates persist over several controversial issues: the exact timeframe of David’s reign and the geographical boundaries of his kingdom; whether the story serves as a political defense of David’s dynasty against accusations of tyranny, murder and regicide; the homoerotic relationship between David and Jonathan; whether the text is a Homer-like heroic tale adopting elements from its Ancient Near East parallels; and whether elements of the text date as late as the Hasmonean period.

And still doesn’t really acknowledge that Trolls didn’t see elves for this entire time.

Lol.
Trolls didn’t see elves as elves performed PAX NELFANA and conquered their territories and continued expanding the nelven empire.

Amazing.

Anyway Jewish peoples and Arab peoples have been in contention since before the biblical era.

1 Like

You misunderstand. They didn’t seen them for the period between the conquest and when the High Elves arrived in Eastern Kingdoms. There was no contact between them for that period. Whereas Jewish people and Arab people have lived next to each other and/or had continued contact for those periods.

Oh so now you think its reasonable? So then I guess the night elves were in the right for doing the same thing to the Horde.

I’d be careful taking that line of thought any further. Lots of…ugly things you can justify with that mentality

Real world analogies doesn’t make sense to Azeroth. Any civilization that existed prior to The Great Sundering was destroyed. The Kaldorei Empire, the Zandalari Empire they are all ruins. The survivors of that event are all refugees.

Saying either elves or trolls have rights to all land because they built an Antideluvian Empire there, is moot. They are both fighting for land they once owned.

Ah so only the empire the nelves rebuilt after counts.

1 Like

The narrative frames it that way.

The narrative doesn’t even frame them as wrong for their attacks on the trolls to begin with. Just because the narrative (and narrator) are flawed doesn’t mean we can’t point out how and why they’re objectively flawed.

1 Like

I believe he’s referring to how the elves orcs dared uncharted forests to build their settlement and were butchered on sight by the native trolls elves. It’s amusing to reverse the aesthetics of a conflict and see if posters’ positions on it follow.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have made that more clear. The narrative frames the trolls as hostile aggressors.

The nelves knew trolls were in troll land.
The orcs didn’t know night elves existed.

1 Like

The night elves performed the largest genocide Azeroth has ever seen. Yes. Their response to elves invading their land was reasonable.

1 Like

Trolls were unreasonable.
Night Elves were unreasonable.
High Elves and Orcs both needed to back off.
Simple as. People trying to do too many gymnastics.

The main thing to me wasn’t that it was the only place they could have settled, but they chose to pick amani land because it was the most convenient to them

kinda crap, imo

4 Likes

Chronicles says the opposite, that the elves didn’t become aware the Amani had claimed the region until after the ambushes sprang.

2 Likes

Tirisfal had a C’thraxxi general under it. That’s why the High Elves left. They were being driven mad by whispers. The Amani also lived near a sleeping C’thraxxi they may have heard whispers driving them crazy too.

This is a fantasy setting.

I mean at least it is pretty understandable. The alternative was going back over the mountains where they almost died in the traversing.

1 Like