The Amani are worthy of respect

They’re not contradicted though, ruins are one or several structures that fallen into disrepair. You can also talk about more ephemeral things like an empire falling to ruin but in this case it was a physical city. the term have nothing to do with population.

And even if the sources are old does not mean they’re not canon, as I said we have nothing saying they’re not, nor any lore contradicting it, even in contemporary old sources (Founding of Quel’thalas) it say that it was sacred ruins, yet these I quoted earlier also states that the elves drove out the resident Amani.
I should also add that lore only mentioned before in the Encyclopedia was referenced again in 2021 EA:Kalimdor, Khadgar’s Dragonflight codex in late 2023 have parts that’s almost verbatim lifted from these old pages. Blizzard are still clearly using these for lore, so claiming that they don’t count because they’re old is just poor reasoning, at what age does a lore source become non-canon when there’s not anything contradicting?
Give me an actual source that say that the land they moved into was abandoned/not lived in.

There’s several examples in real history where kingdoms/cities/even villages have fallen to ruin but people still lived among the ruins/area. There’s many places with old ruined structures strewn across town.

The contemporary source “Founding of Que’thalas” do describe the founding area as sacred ruins. So it’s more of a single source not having every single detail. But then again all warcraft lore is pieced together from the lore of many sources. Like the majority of conflicts etc have several sources that have slightly different details while skimming over other things.

5 Likes

the Amani saw the Scourge invasion as an opportunity to try and kick the elves while they were down, their own invasion of Quel’thalas was stopped dead in its tracks when the Sunwell was destroyed

when faced with a mutually existential threat they chose to attack the elves instead and rightfully paid for it. if the Scourge wasn’t big enough of a threat to knock some sense into the Amani then I don’t think anything else will be, if there is to be reconciliation, the Amani themselves have to make the first move and thats… unlikely

1 Like

No they didn’t. The Scourge ignored the Amani mind you. There was no reason they had to help the elves when those idiots turned troll hunting into a sport. I am glad about every single high elf that was killed that day with joy.

That the Amani hid like cowards while the Scourge defiled and annihilated a good 70% of the land they hold to be sacred - land they’ve waged genocidal wars to reclaim - might be their lowest point as a tribe. Certainly that’s where my “respect” evaporated.

The scourge was mindless Zombies. The elves had free will when they slaughtered the Trolls. I know who is worse.

the Scourge was focused on resurrecting Kel’thuzad so they advanced on Silvermoon but the Scourge explicit goal is the death of all things on Azeroth. Only a fool would assume their blades wouldn’t also come for the Amani, the only reason that never happened is because the Scourge was stopped
well, mostly stopped, the Scourge did get most of the mossflayer tribe before that happened

careful there Garithos, your Alliance bias is showing

High elf. Those are those that came crawling towards Humans unable to solve their own problems.

Amani have been trying the same tactic for roughly 8,000 years. They need to figure out something out besides “Kill all the elves” because they couldn’t even manage it with 90% of the elves getting killed by the Scourge.

5 Likes

Amani did nothing wrong.

Elves had done a massive invasion of troll lands years before they banished the highborne.

The troll’s response to the hoghborne was reasonable.

3 Likes

they were doing a pretty good job until the Arathi decided to get their Ghengis Khan on

2 Likes

Like 4,000 years prior which is a very, very long time. I don’t think fantasy writers truly grasp how huge a span of time 1,000 years is when they do this kind of stuff.

I don’t think you do.
We have irl countries with that kind of animosity.

We don’t have any 4,000 year old countries.
We don’t even have any 500 year old countries.

What 4,000 year old beefs are you referencing?

tbf thats entirely cause 4000 years ago, the first civilsations were only just beginning

We have 3,000 year old peoples.
We have 3,000 year old peoples that still fight over the same land their ancient ancestors did.
May I remind you of King Solomon?

You said countries.

If you’re backing off that, that’s fine.

Okay, you can adjust your glasses and scoff to tell me “uh, akshually” I guess.

We do not have 3,000 year old countries that have held the kind of grudge this fella claimed was impossible to hold.
We have 3,000 year old peoples that hold the kind of grudge this fella claimed was impossible to hold.

1 Like

And the example is a king that may not have existed a full 1,000 years short of the time in question?

Not to mention the Trolls in question hadn’t seen an elf this entire time.