The Amani are, infact, the good guys

Just saying, it reads Human for some reason.

In TBC Zul’jin had Hex Lord Malacrass steal the essences of their loa and give them to some of their champions as they prepared to attack Quel’thalas. Zul’jin also had their loa chained, with them only being freed when he died.

They did this exact same thing again under the leadership of Daakara in Cataclysm.

Regardless of their land disputes with the Blood Elves, binding their loa’s spirits and stealing their essences to artificially infuse their champions with their power in the name of revenge is bad.

That said, it’s not nearly as bad as what the Drakkari did in Wrath (though, the Amani did it for a much less justified reason than to survive the Scourge).

Tbh I hope we ally with the Amani and unify our forces to fight the Void, since they have a history of fighting Old God forces (Kith’ix and the Aqir and Troll Wars). A Zul’jin redemption arc + Playable Amani would be hype.

1 Like

Aren’t you a High Elf yourself?

Did they? Last I checked they chased some C’thaxxi there, killed it and went “eh, good enough” and settled on it.

The fact you as an anti furry thought I was being serious is peak irony :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

I would like to remind everyone that the Horde already has a forest troll tribe in its ranks the Revantusk. That itself makes playable forest trolls make sense for the Horde.

And makes them being neutral make even less sense.

7 Likes

On a more serious note, just because the Revantusk joined the horde doesn’t mean the Amani will. They are rather notorious for being hostile to anyone not a troll and extremely territorial to boot

1 Like

They were under control of Zul’jin in the second war but never hold a grudge on the blood elves. All justification that’s needed here.

They continually attack the Blood Elves, up the point that the blood elves would rountinely put Amani heads on spikes to scare them away

2 Likes

If Revantusk can forgive and make a compromise then so should the Amani and all their vassal tribes.

I mean, sure. But that requires the writers to take the Amani seriously and not use them as mere loot piñatas again

2 Likes

I agree. But i think the revantusk could be the avenue for playable firest trolls for Horde.

That being said, I do think we will befriend at least a section of the Amani. No hard evidence but nowadays we usually see an enemy and friendly faction of races in a zone.

Like if the void(very likely) attacks them too/and or corrupts part of the Amani, it may force them to put aside differences and the survivors fight alongside the elves.

7 Likes

With the void stuff we’ll be dealing with in Midnight, I can honestly see a branch of the Amani, those who are tired of the rest of the tribe leading their people to their doom, breaking off and securing a future for their people within the horde

3 Likes

And the Tauren were part of Saurfang and Sylvannas’ attacks on the Night Elves in BFA.

1 Like

I actually think there is a good chance that we might get neutral Trolls in Midnight. If not outright Amani, some sort of off shoot. Dare I say, Void Troll - Amani who might be near what ever Void events happen.

It would serve many purposes. It would definitely bring a contrast to the Elven expac. People who are sick of Elves will have some Troll stuff. It would match the neutral Earthen as far as a Racial-type used on both sides. And the Amani have just as much reason to hate both sides, or work with both sides.

If they are putting Dwarves in the Horde, putting Trolls in the Alliance would be a similar step.

Let’s say Alleria goes crazy and takes a lot of Quelthalas into the Void, ripping it off of Azeroth. And we have some new Quelthalas enveloped by the Void. If the Amani are taken into this new Void Zone, some of them might side with both the Alliance and Horde who inevitably wander in to rescue people. Maybe they will be infused with the Void and be called Void Trolls.

Earthen. Dwarfs are still alliance. All three clans.

High elves, night elves and humans are the main reasons all their empires are gone. With Quel’thalas they can at least negotiate they get the Ghostlands back and can repopulate Zul’aman. Not to mention the alliance recently attacked the Zandalari and the Amani visited Rastakhans funreal to pay him final respects.

For that we need pretty faces which is how void elfs make be. There is a reason they never tried to give any monster races special powers so far.

I dont personally think it needs a counter. Earthen have never had ties to either faction, so it is not changing anything to make them neutral.

I feel like Forest Trolls are a plug in Horde race. Not only because of their past loyalties for the Horde, but a former tribe(Revantusk) of the Amani Empire is still a member of the new Horde. It would be a bit odd in my opinion.

I think they would be better off going for Forest Trolls Horde and something else for Alliance.

3 Likes

Alliance can have:

Furbolgs
Dryards
Vrykul
Ankoan/Jinyu
Frostborn dwarfs
Void Etherals

Playable High Elves would fit the expac.

Amani for Horde and High Elves for Alliance would make lots of people happy.

I see what you mean by the moniker “Forest Trolls” being better, because it includes other tribes, but I think the moniker Amani has more impact, as far as lore and audiences. But “Forest Trolls” isn’t objectionable to me, if they went with that.

1 Like

The game’s negative portrayal of colonized races is criticised all the time. This also applies to the Drust. The Amani, though, have an explicit indigenous basis, whereas Quillboar do to a lesser extent.

6 Likes