The Amani are, infact, the good guys

I don’t think you recognize how old trolls are. They’re often said to date to the dawn of the world. According to Blizz BFA page linked here.

Trolls are among the most ancient of beings known to exist on Azeroth—their presence precedes the arrival of the titans.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/21182074/world-of-warcraft-at-blizzcon-2017

Blizz devs said it here on ask Cdev.

Besides the elementals, the only known sentient races on Azeroth when the titans’ forces arrived to subdue the Old Gods were the trolls, the race known as “faceless ones,” and the aqir.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131017005052/http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965567671

It’s also said in the official World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume II Issue I

DF once again also confirmed that mortal life can exist on a planet with a black empire with the time rifts into alternative timelines. Confirming that trolls have the possibility to predate the titans.
See the text on the Chipped stone tablet. Which is from a timeline where the titans never arrived to cleanse azeroth from the old gods, and it mentions animals and how one of the tributes volunteer to be sacrificed instead of their family member. Animals? Creatures with compassion? On a black empire world? We also find a tauren/yanguol weapon called “Runeax of the last resistance” from the timeline, which is interesting since yanguol is the other race said to predate the titans arrival according to the warcraft magazine.

3 Likes

This.

The Amani do not originate from Lordaeron, they originate from Zandalar. As Chronicles I shows, Lordaeron used to be part of N’Zoth’s Empire. The Amani at the end of the Aqir-Troll Wars travelled to Lordaeron and carved their own kingdom in that region through military strength, supplanting the previous denizens (Empire of N’Zoth). The High Elves did the same to the Amani.

It is a chain of invaders and conquerors and the Amani are most certainly NOT the original inhabitants of that region.

we know the trolls didn´t arrived before the titans were there and only appeared ages after the ordering of the world. That is long retconned lore, the vyrkul were created before the trolls appeared for the first time.

This was a long thought mythos, but we know now for sure from three sources -seperatly, that trolls arrived after the titans ordered azeroth:

They are round about 20-000 years old as species and their peak was during the empire of zul 16.000 years ago.

K, then the High Elves who stole the land belong there. Nothing Zul’jin did was as bad.

4 Likes

The Arbiter disagrees. He is in Revendreth, while Anasterian isn’t. :slight_smile:

he killed because of hatred, that is a sin…he wanted them to suffer, and even sacrifieced his own people to archieve his retribution…so…he indeed belong to revendreth and fits there.

It’s been made canon once again since it’s said in bfa, after chronicle released. Chronicle has also now been made subjective from a titan pov and we have a literal book where Odyn orders the rest to paint the titans in a good light.
And once again in DF we have literal confirmation as I said that life can exist on a black empire planet without titan intervention as I showed in my sources.

3 Likes

but we know from the dragonflight book the arrivel of the trolls as species…this happened round about 20.000 years, so …again, the trolls didn´t appeared before the titans ordered Azeroth.

Lol, he didn’t do anything nearly as bad as the High Elves, so if he belongs there, so do they lol.

4 Likes

This is not the start of the troll race, it’s the arrival of the trolls on the dragon isles. Neltharion says they’re much more established with civilizations in the south.
No mention how old or when they appeared.
If you have some dragonflight book that actually talk about the start of the troll species, then be my guest and source it.

2 Likes

what are you talking? He did far worse…or you think he was so feared for nothing?

now metzen is returned, chronicle were his baby, i´m pretty sure this nonsense of "POV - lore "will soon vanish aswell, because he´s not a fan of that…but until then, lets agree to disagree and move on.

I mean, we will see, the chronicles 4 will soon be released is there this “this is a pov” think like it was stated into the exploring books.

They might of been there. But it had been thousands of years and multiple elven generations since then. Anasterian is the great great great grandchild of Dath’Remar Sunstrider.

Anasterian is Dath’Remars great-grandson, so 3 Generation betweem him and the founder of Quel’Thalas.

But still, i can not fumble how people can say something like “Zul’jin is so innocent”; this is a pure meme at that point…and its so false…zul’Jin is one of the badest warmonger the amani had…since Centurys and he was the sole reason the conflict inflicted from new…because of his raids of Villages and every Time Alleria and the farstrider arrived, he flew…

1 Like

We will see… But yes as it stands the last mention blizz has done on the matter is that trolls predate titans, made chronicle unreliable narrator instead of the word of god which was the only source that placed trolls to be post titans, and now shown in DF that life can exist on a black empire world. So yeah it is currently more in the favor of trolls predating titans. But anything can happen, but until then it’s not good to do a whole “was there first” battle between trolls and anyone else really.

1 Like

oop, you are right, my bad!

Metzen is also insinuating the titans have some super ancient conspiracy going on that might not be all that benevolent so… I am wary of thinking he will change that stance.

There are souls we encounter that have been there for eons and still haven’t achieved redemption. If all the High Elves who helped participate in the Conquest of Quel’Thalas had ended up in Revendreth and already achieved their redemption, that would be quite the coincidence. And I’m not sure why people keep bringing up Anasterian either, since he wasn’t there.

The elves from a logistical perspective, had to have killed far more than Zul’jin did.

2 Likes

Okay, ask, if someone comes into your house and slaughters your family for something that happened thousands of years ago, and then you call the police and that person evades the police,is this person and his warband innocent? Murd is not a kill counter, and it’s still about what you do individually. Alleria, for example, is certainly one of the greatest and most skilled troll hunters in history, the only one Zul’Jin feared so much that he avoided combat with her.

She may eventually have to answer for all the dead trolls, but in the meantime Zul’Jin has to answer for the dead elves as well. There is no collective guilt in the Shadowlands, but an individual sin that you can bear with you.

My guess would be they were not important for the story and had no history, so they were ignored. Which is unfortunate but I guess understandable. Zul’jin was a known ‘bad guy’ you helped take down so they thought it be a neat easter egg.

Personally I am confused why he ended up there. He is very much Maldraxxi material.

I may not rule out that High Elves of the past have had to answer as well, but Zul’jin is correct in Revendreth…and he is incapable of forgiveness, which is why he will probably stay there for quite a while.