The Amani are, infact, the good guys

The Amani attacked the elf refugees first when the elves had just arrived in the area. It had nothing to do with the elves stealing the trolls’ land or anything. It was just racism.

Then followed thousands of years of back and forth fighting between the elves and Amani. With both going too far at different points and killing civilians.

The Amani are definitely not the good guys. The elves also aren’t the good guys.

1 Like

To the trolls the land was sacred and the villages that were attacked were settled on were hunting grounds for the trolls. One side will always demand retribution, and for each retribution the other side demands action. The only way this ends is when both sides walk away. Have we learned nothing from Pandaria? I think the problem with the story of Quel’thelas is that the Troll Wars should never have happened, but it did. Each escalation resulted in deaths on all sides, but especially the Trolls.

I think it would be better to see it in shades of grey, but the Amani were not the villains we paint them out to be. They are resistance fighters fighting a guerilla war upon their occupiers. They will never give up their claims and will fight to the last man to take back what is theirs. Whether we like it or not they have the morally superior position, because no one should ever steal another person’s lands, torture their leaders, plucking their eye out, and then try to claim they’re the “civilized” ones.

Both sides are bad, but one side did it worse with pillars of fire. Ultimately the Thalassians would be wise to ask Telanji of the Zandalari to arbitrate a peace agreement one that is acceptable for both sides.

2 Likes

In today’s world, the ownership and possession of land is an administrative act and a generally accepted procedure. But until it came to this point, land claim was always a bloody business.

The trolls and the conflict that exists around Quel’Thalas is indeed grey, but a moral high ground cannot be derived from it. A moral superiority.

In general, moral superiority has degenerated into a buzzword these days without any deeper philosophical meaning. Discussion and debate are not about superiority. The moralisation of our debate culture is in fact often at odds with the facts. This results in facts being undervalued in favour of a moral position.

Because if only facts count, we have the image of an aggressive escalation policy on both sides and no superiority, superiority would then occur morally if one side has tried to end it so far, which has not been the case, instead there has only been more and more bloodshed.

The trolls can only blame themselves for their losses accumulated over the millennia, for they made the great troll war a matter of existence and it struck back in a way that continues to this day.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter if you get slaughtered by an army of thousands or a firestorm wipes out the army. The firestorm still hit the army, not zul’Aman, which makes your claim of ‘they were worse’ completely ad absurdum.

The Amani even unleashed their loa - i.e. gods - on the elves and humans, and the Zandalari guaranteed it. Do you really think Talanji is in the best position to negotiate this, because their ancestors triggered it themselves?

The elves have certainly played their part in the escalation as well, but I can’t say either side is worse than the other, I just see someone taking sides because they think they have the moral high ground, which is always questionable in the case of empires and land.

In other words: If a superpower comes along today - prevails in a war against all other countries - founds a united world empire and subjugates everyone and takes away everyone’s land, no matter how much you shout ‘My country’. Just because your ancestors lived here for centuries does not mean that you have a fundamental right to continue to call this land yours in the new world order of this empire.

That’s the problem with the rule of empires, it’s about power. And empire simply means ‘absolute power’

I imagine some Forsaken just… don’t have the tongue for it.

:smirk:

1 Like

this conclave of vyrkul transformed into human beings over time, and the reason the nordend vyrkul send their newbornes to the tirisfalgroup was because they know of ancient legends…of a conclave living there.

i think peace is only possible if the amani were the one which started the process. and to start that process, we need a known leader of the amani in the first place which had enough power and charisma to do it. The elves will gain nothing from it right now…and the humans are long gone and multiple groups are living on the grounds of the once amani empire now.

that is wrong, even chronicle mentioned that they transformed over time into fleshly humans.

It would also not surprise me if trolls although not the amani tribe, already lived in the area when Tyr perished. Tyr already knew about trolls way back then as it’s the only race he recognizes when revived in DF. Not to mention trolls managed to settle even the dragon isles over 20k years ago according to the book War of the Scaleborn. And the isles are quite close to what is now northern eastern kingdoms, Neltharion even points out in the book that the trolls are much more established south of the isles.

3 Likes

The Amani have been living there for thousands upon thousands of years since they defeated the Aqir there and those Amani lived in the area since then. The Vrykul led by Tyr landed in Tirisfal chasing after the old god general. The trolls were a known factor, but one that left them alone as long as both sides didn’t invade the others territory.

2 Likes

Tyrr sacrificed themselfe before the rise of the empire of zul…

Yeah you got your timeline messed up. Yes the Vrykul lived there, but so did the trolls. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Both existed and both fought the Aqir. One side aka trolls lived there and built a civilization. The Vrykuls were more of a sentinel community protecting Tyr’s grave and the trolls left them alone.

1 Like

That’s not what you claimed though.

You claimed the vrykul living there became the humans of today, and that they’ve been living there even before the troll race existed.
Both which are wrong.
The humans arrived after the trolls, and trolls as a race existed even before Tyr fell in Tirisfal.

2 Likes

I mean, wars just really don’t work like that. Wars generally aren’t just tit for tat back and forth. Both sides have to mutually agree to stop the fighting. If 1 side just stops fighting and the other side doesn’t that’s going to be a bad situation for the first side.

I get Blizzard wanted pandaren to be super wise or whatever, but the pandaren have no experience with war.

I’ve been thinking. Zul’jin’s in Revendreth, but we don’t see any of the High Elves who stole his land there.

4 Likes

The trolls didn´t arrive in tirisfal before the empire of zul was a thing, tyrs sacrify happened before the empire of zul:

in part they did for sure become one thing and we don´t know yet if the humans arrived there first if you want to be technically…you can arguably for both direction in the source material you yourself posted.

And here is the proof for you, this happened still before the trolls was there

"With the winterskorn asleep, in their deep vaults and many of the earthern sealed within uldaman, the remaining vyrkul clans dominanted the lands of northern kalimdor. Over the course of eons, their disparate cultures flourished in unique ways. They developed their own identitities and customs as they spread across the unforgiving north. "

"Many of the dragonflayers obeyed Ymirions brutal order. Some, however could not bring themselve to murder innocent children. They sought to hide their stunded offspring in a place of legend, a land far to the south where a lost clan of vyrkul was said to have journeyed with tyr, archaedes and ironaya. A number of dragonflayers ventured south, taking their dimiutive newborn in searc of this fairy- tale refuge. Most were never heard from again. But others did find their way. With heavy hearts, they left their beloved son and daugthers in the care of the vyrkul who inhabitated tirisfal.

in the age that followed, the afficted children and their offspring would continue degenerating into mortal beings called humans. Many of the other titan-forged - mechagnomes, torvi, mogu und giants - would suffer sa similar fate. Very few of the keepers servant would fight off the affliction.

Kael’Thas?

And i mean, by that logic, every conquererer would be in revendreth…and we know for sure thats not the case.

What? How does that make sense? Were the High Elves supposed to die in the wilderness instead of carving a homeland for themselves? I fail to see how anything they did should lead them toRevendreth.

Kael’thas is in Revendreth because of joining the Legion, though. It had nothing to do with being part of the Sunstrider dynasty. Anasterian is not in Revendreth, and High Priest Vandellor, a close advisor of the dynasty, is in Bastion.

I know that it has nothing to do with that that he was a sunstriders, but he was still the prince and the last reigning sunstrider, so he was a heir to all the benefits and crimes of the crone.

Truthfully? I expect a lot of people wanted the high elves to just roll over and die and not protect themselves from an overly aggressive troll tribe.

Neither side is in the right and both did terrible things to the other side

3 Likes

Yet Anasterian, the one who actually led Quel’Thalas during the Troll Wars and the Second War, is not in Revendreth. Neither is King Thoradin, who led Empire of Arathor in the Troll Wars.

The Arbiter doesn’t see killing Amani as a crime deserving of Revendreth. :slight_smile:

Of course not, thats the reason i wrote that:

thats the wrong conclusion.

conquest on itself is not the crime, but the reason why you did certain things can still be a sin in the point of view of the arbiter.

The motivation of the conquest can be sinful, see garrosh, garrosh was in revendreth not because he conquered.

The same apply to zul’jin.

1 Like