The Amani are, infact, the good guys

Don’t care.
Stop changing the subject from Amani.

We’re talking about the Amani now.

And Silvermoon, actively inhabited by Belves, is their rightful native land.

All of Quel’thalas is.

Admit it.

1 Like

First you admit the alliance started the conflict.

The conflict was started way before the Alliance ever existed.

By Elves.
Who are now largely Belves.

The same Belves that are still actively colonizing the Amani, killing them, and destroying their home.

Give Silvermoon back to the Amani.

1 Like

and humans

The humans weren’t part of the conflict until the Elves inducted them as their private army to fight the Trolls.

The Elves went in, armed this largely tribal people to fight for them against another tribal people.

A colonialist tactic.

Elves started it, and now they should end it.

Give Silvermoon back to the Amani.

1 Like

Actually, the last questline just confirmed that Xal’atath’s reach is extending to Zul Aman, no doubt she interested in resurrecting the Faceless general that is buried beneath that city.

So we only have two outcomes before us, consider this a 50/50:

1. The Amani pledge themselves to the Void to gain revenge and are wiped out once again.

2. The majority of the Amani pledge themselves to the Void to gain revenge, but a minority opposes the majority (typical “rebellion against corrupted ruler” plot beat that we see in nearly every expansion), and that minority joins both the Alliance and Horde as Neutral Forest Trolls.

Oh I cannot wait to see all the Forest Trolls and High Elf RPers in Stormwind, oh it’s going to be glorious. :sunglasses:

Seriously though, you do realize the disaster this going to be if blizz went this route? It wouldn’t suprise anyone, but I can’t imagine troll fans or anyone really actually being happy with it.

1 Like

It is a recurring plot beat. We had this plot beat in WoD with the orcs, Legion with the Nightborne, in Shadowlands with the Venthyr, and apparently in TWW with the Nerubians.

Furthermore, we just got Neutral Dwarves. It is only logical that we will get Neutral Trolls next, considering where Midnight is set.

So Yes, I do expect to have Alliance-aligned Forest Trolls by the end of Midnight. As they will be a Neutral allied race race…

Two of those groups joined the horde and are NOT neutral and nerubians are also not neutral and not affiliated with either faction.

So no, it’s not a recurring plot beat

1 Like

It would not surprise me if Metzen succumbed to his worst habits and had us do a good ol fashioned troll raid, but I do truly hope he manages to refrain from that compulsion and makes the Amani more grudgingly heroic in the sense of “lets get along until our mutual threat is ended then we can get back to killing one another”.

1 Like

The “recurring plot beat” is obviously “majority of the race is evil, go team up with the minority that is rebelling and overthrow the evil leader in a raid”.

Blizzard hasn’t done Faction-exclusive races since BfA. If Horde get Forest Trolls, the Alliance will too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No if the alliance gets anything it will be void etherals. Cuz Locus Walker.

TBH I think their idea for a neutral troll race will be the Harronir. In the same sense the neutral dwarf race are actually stone robots—“Kinda the thing, but not actually the thing.”

Forest trolls would legit be a surprise to me if they did it.

1 Like

the Drakkari are dead, we already have jungle trolls and the Farraki skin(the golden brown one mind you) can be added as normal customization. But forest trolls make total sense and are next to ogres the race I want the most to play as right now.

That’s like calling humans chimpanzees and then saying the chimpanzees are literal prokaryotes.

Do you want Amani trolls in the Horde?

Except that we pretty much have them. Both Blood Elves and High Elves can be customised to a High Elf look. The only thing missing Horde side is the blue eyed option.

I was going to just let this comment go, because it seemed more a matter of taste than a matter of fact. But I have some time and was posting on other threads….

If they announced actual playable Alliance High Elves, that would be a huge deal. Even if we have things that are nearly the same.

We have two types of Dwarves already and they threw in another one that no one asked for or wanted - maybe there is a small Earthen fandom somewhere on the internet, but I haven’t seen much discussion until they were announced.

Some people play Blood Elves because they like High Elves, but they don’t like the Void. Some people play Void Elves because they like High Elves and don’t like the Horde.

I know you like to kid around, Drah, so I can’t tell if you are serious. Maybe you have no use for them, but surely you can see the demand is out there.

It’s really hard however to convince Blizzard to add a new race that really doesn’'t add anything other than a nameplate to what’s available out there.

The Blood Elves, the Void Elves ARE High Elves…with histories.

If it’s going to happen, they should be a race open to both factions with Orcish and Common available to both in addition to Thalassian of course. Then again, I also feel that both languages should be open to Forsaken as well… there’s no sensible reason that they can’t speak the language of Stormwind.

You forgot to mention something big that happened in between:

The elves held back in the first 4000 years since the founding of QT and apart from a few border skirmishes there was an agreement on both sides where the borders were. These borders were broken by the trolls. The trolls attacked with an army bred for a single purpose: to kill all the elves.

That was the goal of the great troll war. After that everything changed, the elves learnt that it was dangerous, even deadly, to let the trolls ever gain such strength again, and the humans learnt the same.

But the trolls are by no means innocent of this state of affairs. For they also attacked - afterwards - the villages of the elves, where innocent people also lived. They killed all the elves they could get hold of when they pushed the elves back to Silvermoon.

It’s nice to live in a black and white world, right?