The alternative to sharding: Patience

Blizzard should do the launch the same way they do beta. Send out invites.

Slowly ramp up the populations. Even better, assigned servers or server groups.

That’ll let them manage populations, ques, and performance. No sharding.

That wasnt my point. My point is that sharding gives you access on day 1. You said sharding fragments a community but we havent played WoW classic with sharding during the first few weeks to determine this. However, we have lived through dead servers and we know for a fact that it fragments a community. We cannot compare modern wow to classic. You have made this comparison ad nauseum. You can try and articulate your point anyway you want but you end up just running in a circle.

1 Like

It’s one of those ironic things where we can see the effect this has on the game and the community, yet some people completely ignore it. It’s why I question certain posters motives for Classic. They clearly either have no capacity of learning from history, or they just want to sabotage Classic.

1 Like

except clearly they aren’t. they’ve clearly banned people who repeatedly ask for changes and thats ziryus in a nutshell.

1 Like

yes I would
really

2 Likes

so were going to fragment to community to not fragment the community. seems legit. you pro sharders have some of the dumbest logic ever.
how about instead we just release classic the same day as a major content patch. the tourists won’t be able to tour.

2 Likes

How many times has Ziryus been banned? This may be your most ignorant post yet.

2 Likes

because absolutely no one takes him seriously.

2 Likes

So you say sharding will fragment the classic community but we have yet to experience sharding on classic servers?! You continually post about how these games are vastly different and cannot be compared. Clearly I have some of the dumbest logic. LMAO!

1 Like

i have experience playing with sharding. you do not. sharding splits the community. it isn’t opinion. it is fact.

part of that community aspect in vanilla was running into people. trading buffs, trading food, helping someone kill a mob, etc.

sharding actively works against that.

6 Likes

So then you concede that Modern WoW and Classic are one in the same?

2 Likes

they are far from the same. but i have experience working with blizzards sharding. just because i haven’t experienced it in classic doesn’t mean i don’t understand how it works.

stop being obtuse.

2 Likes

I’m just playing down to your level Mat.

1 Like

how? i know how sharding works in wow. you clearly don’t. so when i say sharding fragments the community, i am speaking from experience.
you are speaking from something you have ABSOLUTELY NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with.

1 Like

He believes Blizzard is Authoritarian No-changes and bans people for asking for changes. Back away from him, slowly.

3 Likes

You’re just getting baited by trolls, Mat. Don’t fall for it.

3 Likes

Correct I have no first hand experience with sharding in modern wow. You do. But read what you are typing. You are saying that sharding affects modern wows community when I have seen post after post about the complaints of QOL issues making your community worthless, not the sharding.

Second. You just said that modern and classic are different.

Third. None of use have played classic with sharding. we have zero information on if it will affect the community. Your experience with sharding in modern wow means nothing for classic. You said it yourself, they are two different games.

2 Likes

on the contrary, i don’t believe they ban all of them. just the very obvious flagrant ones.

1 Like

sharding does affect the community. it actively splits players up. the same would occur in classic.

they are, however they carry many similar elements.

when something actively splits up players, how does that not effect the playerbase and community?

2 Likes

Well seeing as you want a frankenpatch which is a ton of non vanilla stuff I guess my opinion means as much as yours.

2 Likes