The Altar of Decay Sucks

There is alot of alchemy stuff that need it too

Idk this is an example of the “casuals” stuff going too far. They can do dungeons. They do dungeons. Queue into a heroic or something and then craft up at the end. Adds a bit of RP to the experience imho.

99% of the game made for casuals already, including professions/crafting in general, and day-after-day it’s still: Make things easier for casuals, give casuals more stuf, give them high ilvl loot for not doing content

Running a single m0 is not a hardcore grind.

The reason I said you should try it is because I ALREADY HAVE and it doesn’t work.

derp

this is like making alchemists clear Blackwing lair before they could make flasks at a special table in the middle of the raid

1 Like

Now I know you’re lying because I’m literally standing at the Altar of Decay right now on a lockout I’ve extended for 3 weeks now.

I went to this dungeon just to take a screenshot with the instance lock extended and all the trash up. For whatever reason it worked this time when it did not the other week when I did this. The last time I did this all the trash was up and the tuskar were in cages and yes I’m positive I did it correctly.

I hate dungeons. If this is going to be the norm, then I’ll give up having professions. I already gave up having good gear because I’d have to raid.
WOW for that last few xpacs has been too much about raids and dungeons. I play alone. I’m tired of missing out because I don’t play in a group.

Putting a needed location in a dungeon MORE than sucks. I won’t use those patterns if I have to kill the d***** boss every time I need the altar.

simply complete mythic zero once and refresh your lockout weekly. theres little point in running it more than once on zero level.

1 Like

you only need to do it once on mythic zero which is a very small demand of your time.

“do mythic 0 and extend lockout” lol this is besides the point of how dumb of a design this is. The point still stands they could have put this altar in the same place outside of the instance.

4 Likes

As a healer I can pug into a group and not have to wait hours yes, but the fact that I have to do the dungeon just to get to this is annoying! I hope that they read this post and listen so it gets moved somewhere a little more convenient. Won’t hold my breath though.

2 Likes

Yah god forbid someone research something that clearly tells you choices are PERMANENT

The easiest fix is to make the non instanced altar work

4 Likes

I would say that running a dungeon just to access the altar is about the dumbest idea yet, but there are so many other competing dumb ideas that I’m no longer sure which is worst.

1 Like

lol @ this still being a thing

I did this. Shows the dumb design - I just reset lockout weekly, then when I need the altar, I just have to ride to it inside the locked instance - just a time sink.

1 Like

yeah, this is objectively bad. I don’t necessarily disagree with the idea of making crafters run instances sometimes, but it is super awkward to only have 1 or 2 professions that have to do it, and to have it be an instance that isn’t on the mythic plus rotation, and to have it on crafts that someone might reasonably put a work order in for… like if I had to run it at some point to make a bunch of components (or buy them off the ah from someone who did) that would be much less terrible. Having someone I just met in trade put me on a 12 hour timer to find a group to run an instance everyone hates and has no actual motivation to do so I can make them some boots is just super duper uncool.

The Tailoring and Blacksmithing versions of this annoyance are mild by comparison since they are just out there in the world, still kind of a PIA but I’d be fine with there just being an alter in the non-instanced Gnoll area.

1 Like

Terrible idea. Please change this and give us some other long time gated annoyance to deal with.

1 Like

I thought they learned their lesson from Legion.

Guess not.