The Altar of Decay Sucks

Just do it on mythic and extend the lockout every week. Easy.

1 Like

Try this and get back to me how this works for you. While you’re at it, get a friend who has actually done it that week try to let you into their completed dungeon.

Alchemist here, with a lot of time devoted to collecting knowledge points and trying to advance my profession. I was aware that the Altar of Decay was somewhere in Brack. Hollow, and I reluctantly accepted that it was going to be a pain to get to it whenever I wanted to craft a decayed potion. But I only just found out that Bliz actually put the altar into the dungeon. And not just in the dungeon, at the end of it. The very end.
Well, that’s just obnoxious.

So be it.
Bliz. wants decay-related potions to be so difficult to craft, so time and effort consuming to make and so scarce, that they will only be offered for sale in the AH for ridiculous amounts of gold. Prices that vastly exceed the practical usefulness of the potions.

A design as disgusting and rotten as the decayed potions themselves - which I assume was the intent.
I suppose someone is laughing at that little joke … but the players, obviously, are not.

1 Like

They SERIOUSLY need to add a craftable item for people. The idea that they want us to CLEAR an entire dungeon everysingle time is insane just to craft some potions.

6 Likes

This is beyond stupid that the crafting orders still require the altar.

It’s better for personal orders since you can accept the order at the altar and personal orders can rot on your menu for 12-48 hours before accepting. If you ever want to do a public order you have to accept it before you even queue and now you have 30 minutes to clear the dungeon. Literally not possible with a dps queue.

1 Like

I accepted the order, queued for normal and heroic, dropped the order when the queue popped and reaccpeted it really quickly. blew up the dungeon and was able to craft the order at the altar.

stupid, but I got my weekly done.

But you don’t have to clear it every single time. Clear it on Mythic 0 once and it’s cleared for the entire week then keep extending the lockout indefinitely. You can go inside solo and just sprint to the end to the alter.

Source: I’m sitting at the alter as I’m typing this from a lockout I’ve been extending for 2 weeks.

Sounds like the scholomance/BWL table and BRD black forge.

Something something RPG elements and immersion.

1 Like

run normal blow it up lowbies get a beast run you got a alter and a good deed done.

the Alchemy Laboratory. that’s right. good call.

or the enchanting trainer in Uldaman.

1 Like

I agree. It’s dumb AF that it’s in a dungeon. But it’s not like casuals are incapable of completing heroic or something.

I’ve done 2 crafting orders that required the altar so both time I ran the dungeon as a DPS que for LFG. You can only lock the order for 30 minutes so I had to run the dungeon and hope the order was still there both times.

Professions just keeps getting worse. Thank you Blizzard for giving me yet one more reason to want to play something else.

1 Like

They were so close to New World style professions. SO CLOSE

All old school alchemists whip out their tiny violins :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely. Isn’t it enough that it’s in an elite area?

There’s no “try this” to it, it’s literally what I do, lol. It’s not in the m+ rotation and there’s no other need to run it on m0 at this point.

It’s silly that it is only in the dungeon. It really should be out in the open world. If Blizzard really wants to keep that whole “You must defeat the boss to access it” thing, though, they could have the altar in the open world, but you have to “unlock” it by defeating the boss in the instance once and clicking on the altar in the dungeon before you can use the open world one.

4 Likes