The Altar of Decay Sucks

But you arent stuck with those bad choices forever, just until you get more knowledge points. At some point, you will have unlocked everything that is available.

How do you extend the lockout?

nvm…i didnt know this was a thing. thought it was only a feature for raids, even then i didnt know how people did it. i feel stupid

Actually, there were guides from day 1 on every profession. I followed the EXTENSIVE guides for LW and BS on wowhead. There are have have been very detailed guides on every profession on wowhead, what spec does what, what spec would be good for etc…even minig, skinning and herbalism. There are even very thorough guides on where to find knowledge points via treasures, hidden masters etc.

Cant u run it on normal tho or heroic and go back and use it ?

Just learned , basically do it on M0 and extend the lockout

Dont even have to do it on m0 … just Q for normal and after the run it wont kick you after everyone leaves

yeah but you have to leave eventually. with M0 you can leave

1 Like

10.0.5 Patch Notes

• Added an uninstanced version of the Altar of Decay in Brackenhide Hollow in the same location.

Watch. It will happen.

2 Likes

OMG you people bi… about everything, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it helps with the profession not becoming completely worthless as it has been for 18 years now. Blizzard don’t listen to these people and don’t change a thing. This is my first post ever and I’ve been playing since launch that’s how sick I am over all this whining; this is the best expansion since wrath. Be a man (or woman) gather a lot of mats and go in once a week and craft, simple.

I never used those in that dungeon and I never got kicked

the altar needs to be a toy with a 15 minute cooldown problem solved

1 Like

Que for the heroic, fill those bags with mats, and be done in 25 minutes. Enjoy the premium prices on the AH.

No one wants to do anything in this game anymore.

I finally broke down and did this to get the talent points. 3/5 people in the dungeon were also doing this. People doing dungeons to progress their character are going to get pretty tired of this one.

so go run the dungeon on normal cry baby.

your name gives me ptsd now after having to buy a sophic writ 3 star for like 100 k first or second week lol.

hey friend, you realize as you mouse over the profession choices and click on them, even when unpurchased you are able to read the thumbnail that tells you what it does. you can click in and read each section of knowledge brings what and in what order. its just a dungeon it’s not hard to get through and like explained you can extend a mythic zero non timed same as norm/heroic withouth the que version and extend the lockout. indefinitely i believe. also resetting points nullifies specialties.

Didn’t they do this in Vanilla with BRD and some kind of ore, maybe they are taking the wrong lessons from classic sometimes.

This is exactly like the Black Forge from Vanilla in BRD…

Dark Iron Ore smelting…

1 Like

There has been plenty of times this is required to craft powerful items in wow’s history. Scholo, BWL, BRD etc

It’s good and adds flavour to the game. I don’t think the game should be designed around people too afraid to do an quick and easy dungeon.

1 Like

There was a shortcut to the forge, but you had to know how to lava jump. There is no such skip for this.