The Altar of Decay Sucks

It is in no way worse than the alchemy lab in Scholomance. You can get a group and completion of Brackenhide in 1/25th of the time.

I honestly do not know why you can’t just access it from the open world location.

Can with all the fancy blacksmithing stuff at Wrathion’s place.

lmao.

3 Likes

Welcome to life as a healer, which can best be described as “there goes the tank pulling 20% of the instance again”, as you desperately hit your speed abilities to get in casting range for heals.

This reminds me of needing to use those rare moonwells in Vanilla, in like Ashenvale and Felwood, and Winterspring or something, that tailors had to go to for mooncloth or something like that.

I guess that really shows how outdated such an idea really is. It’s an idea from Vanilla.

Do they really wanna force people to have to run to the end of a dungeon for an item adjustment? Lmao

• You can’t use a friend’s completed lockout.
  • You have to complete the entire dungeon.
  • Consumeables are more integral to the modern game.
  • It is required for more types crafting than just flasks.
  • The dungeon became obsolete content in the first weeks of the expansion, and won’t be relevant again until next season.
4 Likes

Wait… why???

Just make it an overworld thing in Brackenhide by a safe location.

This is terrible.

3 Likes

Yeah, it makes doing any public crafting orders that require the altar of decay all but impossible.

Have to beat final boss of bracken to use it. However, you only have 30minutes after accepting a crafting order to complete it. So if you luck out and are able to get a crafting order, you have to get a group to clear brackenhide, and then get back to valdrakken to craft and complete the order within 30minutes.

I tried not accepting the order until my queue for brackenhide popped. But of course the order was gone by the time the queue popped, just to be back again in like an hour because the person didnt complete it in time lol.

4 Likes

I’m 100% okay with having to clear out gnolls from the open world. Elite gnolls: no problem. Dungeon: problem.

How much gear you need to beat Normal Brackenhide Hollow? With tons of gear on Primal Invasions, Cobalt Assembly and Wrathion key farming, you could slaughter that dungeon so easily.

Exactly this.

Also, for those of us not very good at dragon riding, there is a dungeon that requires it for Sojourner of Ohn’ahran Plains which is required for Loremaster of Dragon Isles. I’ll bet you 100K gold that I get kicked from that group because I can’t keep up due to my terrible dragon riding.

That dungeon is Nokhud Offensive. Sounds like you arent using the wind updrafts that are placed everywhere inside?

You dont have to use any dragonriding “techniques” in there. Point toward the next boss, get in the air, and press surge forward every ~3secs while going up in the updrafts on the way there.
Dont gotta worry about angling up, down, conserving vigor, nothing.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips. I’m getting ready to try that dungeon today, so wish me luck. :crossed_fingers:

Exactly. It doesn’t feel good. I’ve seen countless people speak about it on YT videos, talk about it in-game, and on the interwebs.

It’s just not a good design omitting some form of respec option.

I really like the idea of professions in DF but with how needlessly convoluted it is; not having a respec option just sucks outright.

1 Like

I think the mindset they had with it is that by some point in the expansion, people will have every knowledge talent unlocked.

Limited things, like talent points, offer respec. Unlimited, like knowledge points, dont.

Yeah I get that; [if you are lucky to get orders to finish off the last half for some professions].

Knowledge points are also limited plus gated.

So I wouldn’t call them unlimited.

And the way it functions now with professions is that a lot of the information is front loaded, with me personally not sure how some things function or proc or feel and you may read it as one way but then realize it doesn’t do anything or rarely… then being stuck with that feeling of wasting X points is not a feel good place.

Unfortunately we have a few loud people that no life’d the thing and don’t realize that we have lots of exploiters that are far ahead anyway so it feels bad IMO since essentially for anyone wanting to get out there to craft, make some gold, and have a path… it’s like if a talent point you get, is put in a wrong spot and it has no way of respec’ing. [hypothetically]. It wouldn’t feel good for some I would wager.

1 Like

They are time-gated, to a degree, but they are unlimited until you have all the crafting talents. There is never a point where someone can have 0 knowledge points available to them and also not have all the crafting talents. There is always more points available from mob/boss drops, treasure/dirt drops, the weekly item, quest, etc.

Limited is like talent points. Once you get to max level, there is no way to fully max out your talent tree and there are 0 ways to gain more talent points.

But yeah the whole system they made is pretty damn messy.

1 Like

Par for the course really. Legion made you do dungeons for crafting and even made you go into that PvP area below Dalaran for stuff. That really sucked before they added the guard hiring thing. BFA had stuff you had to go into dungeons to get. But this is the first time in awhile where you had to clear a dungeon every time you want to craft decayed stuff. I think blacksmithing has to go into Neltharus? for something.

Just completed it. That was actually fun! I guess I’m better at this game than I think I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They are set just like talent points. Not necessarily unlimited.
You have a set number you can get and also time gated.

There is a max number of specs and subspecs you get, extra points mean nothing.

Limited is basically once you run the gambit, that is it.
But my issue is how it functions.

Pain points exist, maybe not for all players but for me, I get they want a longer playability achieved by this and I appreciate that. But when you front load information and sometimes people may mistakenly pick something that is pretty garbage… but the tooltip said something nice… you feel bad about the choice.

Having to wait X amount of time longer just to ease that impact of a mistake sucks. Not to mention when some of the times, even a wrong spec is picked entirely and the person needs 100 of a profession. The leveling part for some professions is BRUTAL.

It is, and I wouldn’t be annoyed if they tried fixing it during testing but a lot of issues were brought up then and nothing was touched with regards to professions.

So you are saying that because not a single guide the first 2 weeks even knew what you should do with the points, you should be stuck with bad choices? They released the professions so late in beta, even guide writers on every site had no clue for the first 2 weeks about the specialization points, and where to put them if you want to be able to do X, or Y.

Blizz dropped the ball big time, and there should be an option to reset. Blizz didnt even explain their own system!

4 Likes