The alliance story is seriously annoying

Whether you could go back to the past and change things is completely irrelevant. Hindsight is always 20/20, and genocide should never be the answer. Even if it would “save more lives” in the end, the people who committed that atrocity would never know that to be the full truth, because they would never know how things could have been otherwise.

The other reasons you listed, like demons and mantids, don’t have nearly as many examples of morally good characters as the orcs do, and if there were even a fraction of demons who have proven to be benevolent or at least non-malicious, then no, I would not call for the total destruction of all demonkind, either.

You keep trying to convince people that all of the Horde are absolutely evil, when anyone with a modicum of sense could see that there have been numerous cases where that’s disproved. If all orcs were always bad, why would Malfurion even still be alive after Saurfang downed him from behind? Why would Thrall even exist as a character?

As for your attempts to shame me, save it. All I said was that reading the content of some people’s posts gave me a vague impression that they didn’t have a very constructive thought process, which could very well carry outside of just fictional game discussion as well. It wasn’t a direct accusation on your personal character.

7 Likes

Orcs: Kil’jaeden first paragraph.

Belves: Waaaaay down below.

Uh.

You think Draenei don’t have a right to Kil’jaeden?

They lost their original home and were genocided on Draenor thanks to him as well.

The hindsight argument seems like a weird dead end because if you could somehow go back in time and tell people of how things will happen in the future, genocide still never seems like a correct option in a “saving more lives than you’ll lose” sort of way when you could correct the causes that lead to that faction going to war in the first place.

2 Likes

I think the Draenei already got revenge on Kil’jaeden and they also had an entire planet to avenge with Argus / the Legion / Antorus.

Legion Kil’jaeden should’ve been a Horde kill with no Draenei anywhere nearby since the Draenei already defeated him in TBC.

Kil’Jaden is still a relevant for more races than the Orcs. If anything, he is more relevant to the Draenei.

The Orcs don’t get a cosmic dibs on KJ.

It would have saved more lives. And looking back and acknowledging that Mercy was a mistake would be factually true.

It’s about the same.

They are.

Such as?

Saurfang shouldn’t have been in Darkshore to begin with. He preaches about honor while the Horde butchers the elves. Warrior and civilian alike. Thrall is not good either, he allowed the practice of slavery to continue within the Horde, and glorifies Orc war criminals as if they were heroes.

If Stormsong is any indication, orcish honor translates to wanton slaughter of innocent civilians.

Shame on you.

We were talking about BC, not Legion.

BC made even less sense.

Horde zone.

Horde allies needed help saving their most important thing ever in the history of blood elven things.

Velen: I’ve got the case.

KYou know, I really like Draenei. And I am totally okay with them getting some lore. The Orcs have more lore than any other race. Draenei really don’t. So I think they deserved both the lore they got in BC and Legion.

With that being said, a purified Sunwell is kinda lame.

You’re just taking multiple tiny pieces of people’s posts and saying the equivalent of “NO U” to each individual portion for no serviceable reason.

Multiple people in this thread already seem to agree that you don’t allow room for any sort of meaningful discussion and don’t really seriously consider the things people say.

So shame on you for supporting genocide, and shame on you for being so closed minded.

6 Likes

I asked you a question. You could of answered it, but that would require to actually do some research and critical thinking, rather than the mindless virtue signaling you have been doing.

I already did answer it when I listed the actions of Saurfang and Thrall, which you tried to deny by cherrypicking the various negative aspects of their characters. As if I couldn’t also do that by pointing out Jaina killing blood elves in Dalaran or Genn having a hand in manufacturing the worgen curse. But none of that actually has any purpose, and I’m not going to keep redundantly bringing up further points to convince you of something I know you’ll never budge on.

My bottom line is that regardless of their past, many orcs and other members of the Horde have shown they are capable of acts of kindness, and self-sacrifice. If I name “Broxigar”, I immediately know you’ll say something about him just being the typical war hungry orc who just wanted to go out in a blaze of glory yadda yadda, but his actions bought time to help the kaldorei resist the Legion.

And if they’re shown to be capable of good things, no race of people should be killed and indiscriminately wiped out, even if the majority of that race only commits evil deeds. I know you probably have far more time than I do to endlessly argue and respond to people’s posts, and you’re probably the sort that feels if you have the last word that you win. You’re free to enjoy that satisfaction if you’d like, but you’ve already admitted that the genocide you’re craving wouldn’t be the morally good thing to do, and I was only expanding on that further by saying it wouldn’t be the right thing to do, either.

We’re just always going to fundamentally disagree on what is “right”, by definition. It’s probably best to just leave it at that.

9 Likes

War mongering and slavery is cherrypicking…. noted…

Those who resisted only.

As a tool to fight the Undead. Ultimately saving people from being raised.

Such as?

Broxigar is a gary-sue, self insert, and probably the worst character ever written in WoW. I do all I can to ignore him. But even he was a war monger.

His actions ruined Kaldorei lore completely.

You have not given me any examples that orcs are capable of good things. And the Horde is still the most destructive force on Azeroth. Kill a few to save many.

I believe in strict objective morality. And no, Genocide is never okay. However, people can do evil things for good reasons. Illidan was evil, yet effective. This would be the same line of reasoning.

Because you are wrong.

1 Like

I genuinely regret engaging you in good faith in the thread you posted last week, because you have no interest in listening to or caring about any perspective outside your own, very narrow view, aggressively ignore any lore that doesn’t line up neatly with that view, and condescendingly dismiss every Horde poster who doesn’t fall into line with your “you’ve been evil consistently since WC1” lie. I wasn’t lying when I said that I had sympathy or concern for what Blizzard has done to the night elf story, but you obviously don’t have enough empathy to extend that same concern to the Horde story. You’re a forum troll who posts the same baiting, deliberately provocative crap over and over. Literally, when human paladins are coming in and telling you you’re lying about the story of WC3, then you’ve lost the plot. I’m sorry I took you seriously as a genuine poster.

8 Likes

I very much miss the ignore function tbh.

8 Likes

Its not a lie and I have proved it.

No, I have no empathy for the Horde. I have Empathy for gnomes, who’s lore has been a joke since the dawn of WoW. I have Empathy for Tauren players who have been stuck in the Horde that doesn’t represent their peaceful, naturalistic culture. I have empathy for the Elves who chose the wrong faction, surrounded by half naked, blood lusting savages.

Just because you don’t like my opinions doesn’t make me a troll. In fact, I am offended you would compare me a Horde race.

What’s human paladins have to do with it?

I am not lying. I just refuse to ignore all the details that every one else does to keep up the delusion of a peaceful, morally good Horde that never existed.

1 Like

I gave you the example of Broxigar, which you apparently think you can completely discount because you think he’s a bad character and poorly written. I’m sorry, but none of your personal opinions changes the fact that he’s a canonical part of the lore. I think this entire expansion’s story is a mess and poorly written, most people do. But try as we’d like we can’t just wish it away.

Honestly, do you think anyone would even bother continuing to take the time to keep up a discussion with you, to research characters and events to formulate new points, when all you have to say is “LOL GARY-SUE I IGNORE IT” as a rebuttal to convince yourself that you’re still in the right?

I’m done. You might not believe yourself to be a forum troll, but you certainly conduct yourself like one.

7 Likes

Which is true.

Which is literally nauseating.

but Broxigar wasn’t a good character either. He fought the Legion and in all his Mary-sue might, was enough to give Sargaras himself a paper cut. But he was slaughtering people at the very start of the book. He had a history of demonic influence, being part of a faction that practices slavery, and serving the expansionist goals of that faction via military service.

Brox is the only character I will do that with, because it is physically painful for me to acknowledge him.

1 Like