That one server

It’s not about fair, it’s about balance.

It’s all very xd

1 Like

They very well could do an easy server queue cap at vanilla levels and faction queue cap at 60/40% either way. Then open transfers to more realms. At first people wouldn’t move but after days of locked in queue they would.

1 Like

I don’t see how it’s on blizzard to dictate which faction players choose to play.

Volume overall is the only thing they could possibly control.

Faction imbalance is not new to classic, it was around in vanilla and persists in retail.

Blizzard hasn’t concerned themselves with a lot of things. Like their players, for instance.

This is a problem exacerbated by mega servers and the illusion layering gave. Once that illusion was gone the problems started. You can go back and read the beginnings of panic when layers were removed. Mishandling transfers of the underrepresented faction didn’t help.

Wagging your finger at players and lecturing them that they should have known the depths of Blizzard’s bungling ineptitude isn’t going to help.

Yeah, they should have known but here they are. And sadly the only solution is to quit or reroll.

1 Like

You mean the server that only had 10% as many players as EVERY server has in Classic?

There’s a lot you can do with only 10% as many players.

Dollars mean zero, in this case. Why do you mention money?

The server had a 15k population which is similar to a Classic server.

Citing those changes as examples of why you thought Blizzard would take action to make PvP fair just proves my point about you and others banking on a promise which was never made.

you mean the exact same thing blizzard did… nothing? I’ve never seen people cry so much about not everything being perfectly even.

The increased server population is in effect for both Horde and Alliance players. I suspect the ratios between factions in Classic are the same as in Vanilla.

Wow, what? First you claim that Classic servers don’t have a higher pop than Vanilla servers and now you claim Classic servers have over 150k per server?

I need an aspirin.

1 Like

Use whatever word you want. You’re complaining about one faction having what you consider to be an unfair advantage because of numbers. The real problem is you want more control over your PvP. Go to the servers which provide that control.

3 Likes

Very simple reason why it is Blizz’s burden to control faction balance.
They are a business and want to make money.

Severe server imbalance kills servers. Some might re-roll to a PvE server, but many will simply quit.

You say, “This is classic, warts and all.”

It might be Classic (meaning the game released in 2019) - but it’s not like the original game in 2004 and 2005. Back then many of people were ignorant of the value of the Horde PvP racials.
Furthermore,

1. The Fellowship of the Ring was still recent enough that many people idolized elves, and therefore rolled Night Elves. (Do you remember all the variations on the name Logolas? There were so many, it became the most despised name a person could choose.)
  2. Many players were young - middle school/high school, and concerned about their appearance. As a result, many rolled Alliance because they were better looking.

These 3 factors led to there being a lot more players choosing to make Alliance characters. (I include early ignorance of the value of the Horde racials as one of the 3.)

As a result, there might have been imbalances between the factions, but they were not as severe as the imbalances we currently see.

As a short term fix, I think implementing bg style faction queues to get on to the server, coupled with free transfers off, or faction change for the overpopulated faction would go a long way toward correcting the problem and saving servers that will otherwise die.

Not about control, not about fair. It’s about balance. There is a difference, only you can’t see it or understand.

The population of Caucasians in the United States is overwhelming the minorities, even though it should be balanced. In order to balance this the US is going to uplift and ship the overpopulated majority to Africa to balance out the country. The idea given to us in terms of actual people is a lot scarier than dealing with Blizzard servers.

However, Blizzard has never done anything more than restrict new character creation on ‘FULL’ servers in the past. Faction balance is not meant to be balanced. It’ll tip one way or the other no matter what, and it has always been something decided by the community rather than the people in charge. Things were never fair in WoW as far as balance goes, so I don’t know why people are begging for it now. If you don’t like the decision you made to go on a PvP server that you are outnumbered on, then switch servers and level up again on a PvE server or on a PvP server where your faction dominates.

Honestly, the number of complaints about all this makes me feel sorry for Blizzard. They gave the community something amazing with Classic, and all people are doing are crying that they don’t have the dominant faction, or that they’re outnumbered, phases are coming in too fast or too slow. It feels like most of the people who cry and complain on these boards don’t even play the game all too often with the amount of time they lurk on the forums.

Just play the game and enjoy. If you’re ganked, then fight back. If you lose, then learn from it and keep going. If you’re insecure, level with a party so numbers are in your favor.

3 Likes

I have never thought about this point until now.

You’re comparing races to numbers?

Are you serious?

3 Likes

Hard to not believe this.

Well, my understanding results in a solution which gives you everything you want and is something you can immediately act on yourself. Your understanding requires you to wait around complaining with the hope someone will eventually fix it for you. I guess it’s up to you how you’d like to spend your time but I know which one I would choose.

If they are cashing that 15$ per month x number of players then it IS their job.