That one server

Which was shut down by Blizzard did a better job handling faction balance than this multi billion dollar company.

40 Likes
23 Likes

It’s not Blizzard’s job to balance factions. Don’t like unfair PvP? Roll on a PvE server.

14 Likes

It should be their job to control ratios though since they have the numbers.

26 Likes

That is a massive assertation.

Why “should” it be their job to balance factions?
Why should they impose restrictions or penalties on people?

6 Likes

Quality and not just for the Horde, it shouldn’t get to the point where one faction becomes unplayable.

That is a failure on the playerbase and on Blizzard for not implementing systems to control the ratio.

10 Likes

“Auuugh! Get to the PvE server!”

9 Likes

a fallen Alliance after getting ganked by Horde death squad.

2 Likes

they don’t want to balance it. j allen braek wants to say “i told you so”

8 Likes

I think they’ll do some kind of faction specific queue or something else, they are likely Just weighing the options right now. Announcing early release of BGs bought them some time to think about it more carefully.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is, in order for you to enjoy Classic WoW, they need to make changes to it so that it can be a more enjoyable experience for you? :thinking:

There has never been a system to control faction balance.
Why did you think there would be one in classic?

I would like to know the ratio’s of level 60’s on each server but with out that information its just conjecture.

Also you havnt answered why it should be their burden to control faction balance.

If they tried any mesure there would be people up in arms about not being able to play with friends or any other reason they want to play on a sepcific server and faction.

This is classic, warts and all.
Yes server pops are massive which is annoying, but also gives me hope for longevity.

8 Likes

It’s not on Blizz to balance factions but they let alliance run away.

they have already changed a ton of things from how they were in vanilla. just as 1 example: server sizes are massive compared to vanilla and yet things like black lotus are just as rare as they used to be but 100x more ppl farming for them.

6 Likes

Why shouldn’t there be one?

My response was quality and not just for the Horde.

Another reason would be that it is their game. The original game is about a faction war, when one faction can’t play due to huge imbalances should be a problem. I would want to fix that and implement systems to control ratios.

Blizzard can’t control player choice but they can control ratios, not enough players have the mindset of wanting to play Alliance or to help balance servers.

If players are put into a faction specific queue, they might rethink their decision on the faction they should play. If players could faction change to Alliance with their time invested character to avoid the queue, most players would do that.

The average player does not want to sit in a queue, so they would either roll Alliance or quit. Both outcomes helping with imbalances.

I left my friends who wanted to play Horde to join Alliance, I wish more players would do this. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon though and that is the problem.

If players get mad at systems to help with faction balance then those in power must think what is better over the long term health of the server in a faction war.

2 Likes

Or roll as the dominant faction on a PvP server.

7 Likes

Even the dominant faction will run into groups that outnumber them from time to time.

WPvP isn’t fair. It never was, and it was never intended to be fair.

2 Likes

I think it should be their job to balance factions on pvp servers. Those types of servers need to be balanced for them to stay a viable place for people of each faction to play.

4 Likes

lol come on man. You and I both know that the dominant faction have a carebear experience when it comes to WPvP.

6 Likes

No. They open it up for players to play. Players made it unbalanced with their choices. If you want a ‘fair’ wPvP experience, come to a Normal realm and flag yourself, or wait for BGs.

1 Like