Thank you for backtracking on the "Purge Squads" Blizzard

I would join. Death to the living… foxes!

The Holocaust was the role reversal of the Holodomor. Funny how only one of those is recognised by spell check.

Calling a concentration camp a ‘reeducation camp’ doesn’t really change what it is internally.

1 Like

So im going to counter this point and actually say this is why the horde have such a bad story. Alliance are set is what they are, they are the objective good guys of the story. their character arch is not in question. The problem with the horde though is that for going on 4 exp now, blizzard has been flip flopping between noble savages, and objectively evil, as a result you have this really crappy internal faction story going on. Before the horde actually did have a better story, because each race of the horde was doing their own thing, and united as one, but that started to devolve quickly during the garrosh story, IE the first time blizzard pulled out of the noble savage hole and tried to slip it into the objectively evil hole. They liked it a bit and now they cant make up their mind on what they want.

Alliance dont have that problem, we are content with being the unified faction. The thing alliance players are upset about is the main exp story centered around horde problems and horde characters. Like right now, BFA is completely centered around sylvanas opening war on the alliance. In WoD it was centered around Orc finding their orc heros of the past doing orc things. In MoP it was about Garrosh causing problems in the horde and dicking with the world. In Cata it was all about green jesus, which this one is meh for me because tbh it was metzen sending off his character so i dont hold to much against this one.

2 Likes

Screw morally greyness. I don’t wanna hurt people unnecessarily.

1 Like

The general theme of the Alliance is to allow other races die for your goals. Humans are well know for ordering other races to there deaths, so the humans can win. For example, during the Battle for Lorderon, the humans ordered elves and dwarves to attack for a city that would exclusively under human control.

2 Likes

You guys pin everything you don’t like about the story on “lazy writing”. Everyone should know by now that gameplay > story. If the gameplay devs go up to the story devs and say “we need an incursion in which the Alliance fry some Vulpera because we want them to eventually join the Horde” how much of that is on the writers and how much is on the game devs? There’s only so much nuance you can add to that scenario lol.

1 Like

How’s that blight working for you, little arrow?

I’m surprised Alliance people are denying that their side does things like this.

We’re not joking when we say Humans do not like other none humans.

You did it to the Goblins, the Undead, the Tauren, and the Trolls. Not to mention the Orcs you put into camps. You guys do things like this all the time.

Because the writing so far in this expac has been stellar :rofl:

Maybe. But all that is needed in your scenario from the gameplay devs is ‘we need a reason for Vulpera to join the Horde.’ I’m not sure why they are backing the story devs into a corner.

Oh I don’t, that said the goblins had it coming… you know you’d do it too :wink:

Not sure why we’d purge off the vulpera when orcs and Forsaken continue to prove they are the biggest forces of instability on Azeroth.

Especially the Forsaken this expansion.

This.

Is why no one likes humans. Except other humans.

1 Like

I’m not surprised by this at all, I’m not sure why you would be. People like to pretend these things didn’t really happen or don’t exist because it’s easier than accepting truth.

Funny how that parallels to life in general.

2 Likes

Geez I was just teasing…

1 Like

It would will be 100% on the writers because their job is to create a story where it makes sense. Game play trumps story when it comes to balance. Which is why we had the whole Cata revamp and we don’t see a lot of the Alliance victories in game. Now I will add a caveat to this and say if the dev also added a short time frame then it would be on the devs 100%.

I am a firm believer that good stories take time. If they wanted to have the Vulpera added, they would need time to show the change from neutral group to hostile group. The Alliance has been shown not to jump the gun so it would have taken time for negotiations to breakdown. Even if it was a trigger happy small group of Alliance they would still need to show some Alliance leaders condemning their actions. If writers were not given the time and/or resources for this “lazy writing” is the only thing left for them I would say.

2 Likes

I would kill for an MMO set in War40k. I mean a good one.

1 Like

I mean, if you’re an orc or a draenei, Azeroth is nothing but a bunch of xenos from your perspective.

Sounds good to me. Break up all the factions and really bring the war back to Warcraft!

Green Team - Orc/Troll/Goblins/Zandarlari
Pink Team - Human/Dwarf/Gnome/KulTiran
Boring Team - All of them elves.
Beast Team - Tauren/High Mountain/Pandas/Vulpera
Dead and Dying Team - Forsaken/Eredarn/Sanlayn

Does it make Lore Sense? Nope. Would it put the WAAAUUUUGH back in Warcraft? Yup.