Thank you Blizzard for the conduit change

3 potency conduits doesnt mean you get to choose the DPS soulbind passive, utility and defense conduits will still be behind DPS soulbind passives. In addition many conduits arent that interesting and can be overshadowed by some soulbind passives, the 3dps conduits isnt a must for many specs

And my point is that yeah, soulbinds like talents can be a form of mini optimization, but they never again will be able to fully optimize by changing to most optimal covenant/soulbind/conduit combo because of the restrictions.

Really? Cause at the height of it success, you know back in WotLK this is exactly how the game played, PERIOD.

Lmao you just implied something being popular means it is right or good xD

you can get at least 2, which is about how many are influential to your character’s build (at least for arms)

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soulbind-calc/venthyr/nadjia-the-mistblade/warrior/AlpaAgUv7A4VHLoOEwUdgA4VLboOJR2KDiEVHJEO

I could do raid pvp and dungeons with that perfectly well

Yeah I did cause WoW became the best MMORPG ever released by being played the way you said an RPG shouldn’t be played.

How many active subs in Wrath? And how many Active subs at BFA launch?

And you’re trying to tell everyone that your opinion on an RPG is the way it’s suppose to be.

I am not sure what is your point, I agree, you dont need to be ultra optimal to do anything in wow, only tryhards act like as if they need to be ultra optimal to do content.

Ok, allow me to rephrase the question then: why should anyone care?

I and the devs seem to care a lot, which is why they are actually doing something to fix problems in wow.

You might not care, but I and the devs seem to care a lot :3

I mean, there’s only like 2 or 3 viable builds for most specs as is. Fire Mage does the exact same thing on every fight except for one talent which they will still be able to swap, for instance. This isn’t going to change much.

Those are just words. You do no action at all. You aren’t helping anybody, you aren’t inviting undergeared, non-meta, low throughput players to groups. You’re just blaming everyone else for not doing what you also aren’t doing.

Have some accountability. Go help people. Stop pointing fingers.

I’m actually ok with this one.

Yes sure need to wait 1 week to fully re-spec but I don’t think it’s too big of an issue because most of the real “power” comes from the conduits and they also made a very nice change that makes it so every souldbind has a path that allows us to put 3 potency conduits (originally only one of the soulbinds had this option).

And there are also some of the “neutral” ones that are pretty good and can probably make up for one potency conduit missing on some specs. So honestly it looks like there can be a good 3-5 paths that are almost at the same power level with each other.

I’ve been playing with the soulbind calculator for a little bit and it looks like I can easily have at least 2 of the specs with pretty much optimized soulbinds, I might have to make some compromises if I want to have a good path for my 3rd spec but this is also with only 3 soulbind options per covenant, it will get even easier as they are more soulbinds.

But what is the ‘problem’ specifically, and how does what a min/maxer does in their own group affect my game enough to warrant limiting my Conduit usage?

1 Like

my point is that the passives for nadjia are so solid and spread out that there’s a clear path to optimize for different content, if you even do all three

weekly lockdown probably won’t inhibit people from optimizing for specific content

if you look at the traits selected, assuming the link works and shows you what I placed, I got everything that I need for the build I like, and the passives aren’t really prohibiting me from going for specific kinds of content

I wouldn’t want the 4% extra damage in an arena, say, because the 25% cc reduction is better for survivability, and gives me another potency conduit on top of that

I think more than anything this highlights how good mistblade just is overall

Anyone getting the feeling that Ralph is Ion’s forum alt?

Here’s what we mean by optimal even when Ion says it.

For this boss the optimal build is X covenant with X conduit and X soulbind path as well as X talents, for the next boss it is a different covenant, conduit, soulbind path and talents etc.

Rn because covenants and conduits are locked, you can never be optimal for all bosses/dungeons.

You can mini optimize to an ok level, but you wont get to fully optimize ever again. That is the goal.

Like ion said, if we allowed free choice, there would always be a “right answer” for each encounter, the goal is to force people to stick to their build with strengths and weaknesses

Some people prefer to have two viable builds for pvp and pve. I know damn well that my main’s pvp set up is different than my pve set up. That’s the way I like it too. Which is why this is a bad idea. Different types of content call for different builds. I don’t want to be locked only being able to be optimal for one type of content. Ion has never understood pvp though.

Notice how Ralph keeps dodging the question about why he doesnt help players that play non meta specs or builds and dont have min/max gear do content?

He can point fingers at others for being toxic but wont actually act on any of his philosophies.

Sorry, Disagree with this one being a good change. Once per week seems a bit weird for something that acts like Gear. I could understand Covenants. But why what is essentially a gear slot? Ilevel included and everything. It’s a little weird. What if a new one drops you want to equip? What if you don’t get the one you want right away? Are you suppose to just not equip anything at all until you find the one you want? I don’t know it seems fundamentally flawed.

1 Like

Well that and he’s hardly doing any content.

And it’s not spec specific either. The conduits you’re using in Shadow or Ret spec will still be there when you change to Holy or Protection spec.

Completely ineffable levels of idiocy being displayed by the developers here.

it may prevent you from optimizing specs, but there’s still a lot you could do within prot for example

I still argue the only inhibitor left with this system is the class ability