Thank God Blizzard doesn't listen to this Community

For example sake, this is clearly toxic where the poster is trying to insult another poster and using defamatory and discriminatory age labels.

You’re claiming that’s toxic? Because someone assumed someone’s age? And ‘boomer’ isn’t discriminatory - it’s literally what they’re called.

Lemme explain this better to someone your age whatever it is. Yes the context of the statement implies a negative stereotype that boomers or older people are dumb and by further adding a sarcastic comment about using a dated OS he tries to create false imagery that reinforces the stereotype. So yes its as toxic not from the word boomer but rather how he used it to insult an entire age group

By your definition, literally a couple lines later, THIS is toxic behaviour. You’re literally doing the SAME thing you had a problem with him doing.

Can you change your helmet, you remind me of a praying mantis.

It’s too green.

Not really, it was a refrence to the subject of age bias and how you and others that might make judgements based on age. When I say definitively yes to a question in a permanent post and you ask the same question again with a post mocking my answer you are perpetuating the toxicity and deserving to be called out for it.

You assume that based on age, I don’t understand the situation, which, again, is EXACTLY what you had a problem with earlier.

Age doesn’t determine ability to comprehend anything. So, really, you’re being ageist for absolutely no gain.

I assume nothing about your age, Im saying your toxic however old your are specifically stating age is not a variable. So In a sense thats two examples of toxicity.

Lemme explain this better to someone your age whatever it is.

That’s literally assuming that I cannot comprehend what you were saying based on my age.

You gave yourself away with that one little phrase.

1 Like

Nope just sure you dont comprehnd your toxicity whatever age you are.

1 Like

You are TERRIBLE at debating. My goodness.

And your just terrible.

1 Like

Lol, okay then.

NPC #1 vs. NPC #2

2 Likes

I mean, I pretty much 100% disagree with you.

I’m not saying this in any way meant to imply that you didn’t play. I played from the first expansion all the way through, my commitment only started getting shakey around the Cata-times.

I distinctly remember in WOTLK, I started to refer to WoW as a “lobby queue arcade game”. It truly did feel like there was no point to the world, and everything was accessible from an in-game menu of some sort, and everything was sort of fast-food-fed to the players on a conveyor belt.

I hated that change in the game’s feel. I went back to older versions of the game (on various private servers and then classic) specifically because I wanted to go back to a time before I felt the need to think of the game that way.

Was everything great about the pre-RDF times? No. Vanilla and especially TBC have various critical flaws that make them very imperfect games in retrospect, and in the exploitation of our modern day knowledge of them, however that vibe the game had pre-“lobby queue”-style…that was still perfectly recreated thanks to those newer features missing.

WoW eventually became something that sent a lot of us back to Classic to reinvigorate our enjoyment of the Warcraft universe, and being in it as a player. Something most of us can agree is not ideal.

Is it any wonder that Blizzard might be attempting to curb the game, at the very least, in a slightly different direction? So that the projected future is somewhere that isn’t the exact dead end we all came to play classic for in the first place? Of course we’re going to disagree here and there about what they do, or how they do it, but #somechanges is the right call. Why? Because if they change nothing, if the entire goal is to just go down the same exact path they did the first time around, there’s simply no future to this franchise (the classic one). We wind up right back where we started. Classic ceases having any potential to provide a potentially new and unique product down the line.

I think curbing it towards a different future is exciting. It changes the projection of where the game ends up. Having a mindset to try something different than what was originally done is what will possibly have us seeing something really inventive and profoundly new from this Classic experiment. Hell, what if we get some kind of transformative new expansion after WOTLK Classic that takes the game down a completely different lore-line? Using the Classic name as a vessel to sort of try a different timeline and a different set of subsequent expansions, with original content, but focused on the “classic” vibe?

To me, those kinda of opportunities and possibilities are much more exciting than rooting for the game to hurdle, once again, towards a dead end, and it’s a dead end we all know is coming if they just simply, boringly, repeat things exactly the way they went before.

ya imagen if they stopped GDKP or mages farming the same sunwell trash pull 24/7 and getting hundreds of thousands of gold to go into wrath. Can’t wait to pay 3k for lotus and 500g consumes.

Ah, yes, if you want to play an authentic version of Wrath with systems that were added during that expansion 13 years ago, then go play Retail!!!

The trolls don’t even try anymore.

3% haste for trolls? down from 20?

Ah, the ignorant old fool who mistakes age for wisdom.

Then again, I can’t talk, considering the prevailing wisdom would be to ignore your monstrously egotistical display of condescension, and yet I felt compelled to call you out on it, and suggest you take your smug, self-righteous attitude somewhere else. Let people have their fun without you crapping on their heads like a diarrheic pigeon.