. ten characters

By all means open that discussion. Just don’t expect anything to change.

3 people own more wealth then half the country irl so why not? real life parallels bruh. isnt capitalism great?

Pick one side and stick to it please.

1 Like

and yet I’m “trolling” by talking about addon use/development in a thread about an addon, but that’s not what you want talked about and doesn’t support your crusade!

You don’t want a discussion… saying what I really think about your type of person would get me banned, so welcome to ignore. Have fun storming the castle.

If player X creates a code that provides them an unfair advantage in the game (whether it be play or working the AH) that is definately in breach of their rules. If its simply a handy tool for making an operation smoother (which TSM does) then it probably isnt. Thats up to Blizzard to decide.

There is already evidence in the game of AH botting. Anything that can assist Blizzard in tracking down such an activity would be helpful.

I am interested to know how you have identified that ONE PERSON is controlling so many different realm auctions houses.
Have you been on each server at the same time and confirmed there is just one person playing the auction house?

Further, how do you know they are running a personal exclusive script that no one else will ever be able to use?

The auction house mirrors what happens out in the real world, some businesses have a monopoly on goods and services, and as such can charge exorbitant prices, they are not doing anything wrong.

In the real world, those that play the stock market and gather wealth to corner the market are doing nothing wrong, so why do you think it is wrong in a virtual world with pixelated gold?

You have the exact same methods that you could employ to also game the auction house so why try to prevent another from playing the game they want just because you feel it is unfair?

You have the same opportunity and options; you could just farm the items that you want, it comes with a time cost, and obtain the goods you want; or you can pay the costs if you want the convenience of not having to farm.

Either way playing the auction house is just another aspect of the game.

1 Like

You’ve missed at least 75% of my original post with this reply. If you’re interested, log into your forum character within 5 minutes.

Yup, and it starts with an email to hacks@blizzard.com with reference material (Blizzard won’t use screenshots or your own information as evidence, but rather as a reference point to find the information in their own logs and such).

Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if several people have simply sent in emails that are nothing more than ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE BOTTING ON THIS REALM BECAUSE I CAN’T SELL THINGS ON AH’ and then wondering why nothing’s being done. Those types of people simply want to scream until the manager gives them a discount, rather than providing actual information that is meaningful.

OP can’t know any of that really unless they themselves are doing it.

Most of the day could mean anything except all of the day - again OP has no way of knowing that.

Originally he said someone has control over 36 auction houses and then he said 36 accounts - someone doesn’t need 36 accounts to be posting on 36 auction houses and what sort of computer system would someone need to be running to have 36 games open and running scans on for hours.

I am just very doubtful much of what OP says is true.

1 Like

I have no problem sending the proof outside of the forums. Though I’m sure I won’t get a reply from you because it would destroy your narrative that this isn’t a possibility. :slight_smile:

Source of your statement that creating an addon to use is against the rules of the game because the mythic raider I knew who did it was an MVP and said it right on the forum so I am really doubtful there is any rule against that.

Auction house addons just scan for information, they don’t interact with the game without user input so they are generally a lot less likely to violate rules than other addons.

People share addons they create but there is no rule they have to.

OP was paying to have undermine journal give him special information to do exactly the same thing - gain an advantage over other players and that didn’t seem to be a problem.

It is not against the rules to create your own addons. However, if you find something in the API that permits you to create an addon that exploits, that would be against the rules.

Is it possible that the programmers working at blizzard could have accidentally overlooked something that could be exploited? Yeah, sure.

1 Like

Sure, my source is the Blizzard End User License Agreement, to wit:

"Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below…

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;"

well you could state what proof you have

doesn’t sound like they are exploiting - there is no bug from what I can see.

I already have. You could try reading the OP.

It’s almost like the bot actions were outlined and recorded in a video. Sent into the hacks team email, and nothing was done, months later. I mean if you think someone is gonna legitimately click the spot where the ah npc is supposed to be exactly every 50s no more or less, for a month straight non-stop never going to sleep, then idk what else counts as an automated bot action that is visible to other users.

Also shout out to the followup response of an autoclicker being called a legitimate macro action. No mate, one click one action. Autoclickers are automatic ban in ToS.

If you think an autoclicker is a “normal cool and legal macro” then yeah that’s some mental dissonance because you’re likely doing it too.

I did multiple times it isn’t an easy read.

Maybe you can pull the sentence you indicated this.

Is this your proof - because I read it yet again and still can’t see any proof of anything you claim.

I never claimed it was a full-fledged bot. Jesus christ these replies are giving me brainrot.