Temporarilly remove the instance limit in TBC

Forcing yourself to go slow and to stop while everyone else passes you doesn’t mean you’re a, “smart” gamer, it means you don’t care enough.

I don’t want to do that. I want to do it efficiently. I want to level and get rep at the same time. Then go back and do quests when the dungeons no longer give rep.

ive cleared all content faster than 99% of the playerbase when it was available and im not bored at all so idk who you are talking to.

2 Likes

Not so perfect, I quit retail a few years ago. That’s how it works when I’m not having fun with the game. Unlike you I don’t cry like a baby on the forums. How are you doing in shadowlands?

I’m not bored either…

How is working within the limits of 30 runs per hour forcing anyone to go slow?

There will be people hitting 70 within a day just like there win at TBC launch. If you limit yourself to only running dungeons isn’t that really a failure of you to adapt?

But not special enough for some special little snowflakes. They want several versions of classic and BC.

You can easily work around the 30 limit, but the person I was responding to was saying anyone who comes close to that - or has to work around it - or consumes content faster than a specific person thinks is appropriate, they’re a, “zoomer”.

1 Like

But doesn’t the game always force you to go slow? It doesn’t matter if it’s dungeons per hour, dungeons per day or exp per level.

It does, but my point is that he’s suggesting anyone who actually does the content at a fast pace - because it’s not hard and they enjoy it - are somehow wrong.

1 Like

It’s not that it’s wrong, min max all you want. But the point of min maxxing is to make the most of the system. It’s not like anyone is personally being singled out by the 30 runs per day.

You can skip HFP and go directly to zangar or Terrokar.

1 Like

Nor did I ever argue that was the case. But it did single people out, specifically those that abused the lack of competition when doing dungeons for gold farm purposes. I had this issue as a Rogue too with pickpocket runs of BRD.

It’s arguably best to outright ignore quests in favour of instances for rep purposes, otherwise the grind for attunements are even longer. But without phasing - and it’s gonna have to happen - I fear what HFP is gonna look like even just to get to the dungeon.

Rep from normal non cap dungeons stops @ honoured IIRC. You’re probably right though. That being said, attunement isn’t a huge deal as NIghtbane is the only boss that requires a heroic key in tier 4, You can get into kara by walking into normal slabs,arc and SV.

You grind them to that point, and then have all the quests for the rep to do afterward - plus bonus gold and likely less competition, and you’re a higher level with better gear.

What I meant was heroic keys though. You want those for some very good gear. As was discussed in the other thread, we’re gonna want new pieces when we’re 70 - outside of a select handful that is.

The main thing people will want from Heroics is badges and im not 100% sold on the fact people are going to actually need a heap of heroic gear till gruul himself or mags.

I’ll be taking it alittle bit easier this time around and see just how far my guild gets in questing gear before getting people to dive head first into rep farming.

Your idea is solid, hitting honoured without many/any quests could be a good way to get those rep epics and dungeon end boss epics easier.

Nah, I would say that those who take it a little slower, experience the zones, do the quests, and take in the scenery care the most. They’re experiencing ALL of the content, instead of skipping past as much as possible, taking the most efficient and repetitive and boring path as possible, just to get to the end as quick as possible, where, like I said, they’ll inevitably be bored and miserable, after they were miserable all the way there, ha.

Just a thought, but maybe developers put “pacing mechanisms” in place to protect those hyper-compulsive people from themselves? Maybe it’s for their own good?

1 Like

I really don’t know how it’s going to be when we lose the % value of hit and expertise and the like. It could be completely negligible, or it could be enough that we drop some T3 pieces for some heroic pieces. It’s not that we’ll need it, it’s that it’s just better - even if just. But that itself still isn’t known either. I’ve tried Googling but virtually everyone talking about it don’t bring up T3 (outside of said select few pieces and the shoulder enchant being BiS still) and act as if everyone is hitting 70 in quest gear.

But the farming part of the dungeon is more for opening the option for heroic, and also as you said for badge gear. It’s also likely to be way faster than questing due to competition.

It’s kind of exciting though. We’re certainly going to be grinding weapons at the very least, and maybe trinkets. Gressil - a Combat Rogue’s BiS sword in Classic - is 73.15 DPS. S1 weapon is 91.2. The jump is crazy. But that’s more of how insane the S1 weapons were than the rest, as there are only some expensive BoE choices (or BoP) that can exceed Gressil.

Eh, I’ll agree to disagree. I consume things fast but I appreciate it too. And I can go back and pick up what I missed when I’m ready to.

More likely they put them in place to protect the game as a whole from those who want to get sweaty.

i grinded to 60 with friends on launch for 14+ hours a day… and you know what…

IT WAS AMAZING!!!

it wasnt boring, it wasnt a drag. it wasnt anything that you think it was.

BECAUSE I LIKE IT LIKE THIS.

why dont you people understand that not everyone dislikes what you dislike and conversely likes what you like.

1 Like