Teldrassil is inescapable

A curious person would inquire as to the root cause of why the Alliance fanbase is as unhappy as you’ve cast it, and look into a solution.

“Gee, why are all of these people unhappy? What could possibly be the issue?”

Consistency in the story, not misleading the players, and unfolding the events in depth is not something that affects just the elves. Just saying.

I’ve heard crazy stories that some even were upset they wanted the horde to be true to the original horde vision, and then were dragged into participating in the tree™ story. Could you imagine being upset at such things? (/s) Even made a big thread out of the the events of the expansion.

No, I am a fictional troll-turning-draenei. Kronokai Taz’dingo, mon.

gl hf

6 Likes

To be fair. A lot I saw was just gamer anti-SJW stuff.

It’s called a vocal minority all of my alliance playing friends don’t do this

You are so loud and whiny tho it ruins eeveything

This looks like another pivot, and it contradicts your last post.

Take a look at your life and think why you are such an entitled doomer

Well, let’s see.

Happily married.
Gainfully employed at a level that singlehandedly exceeds the income of an average American household - last performance review came in this month as extremely positive with a higher than expected bonus.
Plenty of friends and full weekends.

I’d say my life is pretty good. So if you’re going to argue that being a fan of Night Elves has any impact, that might not be supporting the argument that you think.

1 Like

Well sure. Everything is fine. Hence first blizz stopped reporting sub numbers and now consistently lose the active players.

It’s nice to have the info to address the myth of “majority is happy with the company and just silently play”.

Doom is a cool game series.

gl hf

All I can say is I’m glad your tree burned

I’m glad it makes you this upset irl and blizzard did a good job burning it down

It was supposed to make u want to kill the horde but instead turned you into a victim

I’m glad there are real alliance player out there who have pride and actually want to fight back unlike you

I hope the tree makes u quit the game

People react differently but I am 100% sure the problem with the game were far worse than just some anti sjw vendetta.

The developers messed and trying to dismiss the criticism as some brave stance was just them covering their own butt.

But even if we take the anti sjw issues seriously it wouldn’t erase the big problems with the narrative. Vengeance is had, violence is bad, rape is bad, slavery is bad.
We all know this, the writers trying to make this a deep message in their post apocalypse game was pretty bad.

Yup, the real alliance players™ are the ones who supports the current “all must be forgiven” approach and pro-peace Anduin. And they stay silent obviously, because everything is fine.
:+1:

Main question is, will the shareholders be happy, and if they are happy with blizzard currently.

gl hf

I’m not saying the game was good or devoid of flaws. Only that all the complaining I saw were either heavily tinged with that stuff or heavily implying it.

I’m all for different strokes for different folks. Just don’t think how big that part of it was for a lot of people should get swept under.

Subs started falling massively after wrath what are you even talking about lol

Thus far, my read is that they’re wanting to diversify Warcraft away from WoW. Time will tell if they tank the brand equity of the franchise to the extent that they seek a better ROI elsewhere - but that’s eminently possible.

WoW isn’t exactly a source of good news these days from a financial standpoint. It’s still a venerable cash cow, and it probably offers the most revenue per MAU, but the strategy of beating an increasing amount of money out of a decreasing pool of users isn’t what I’d call sustainable.

You think the shareholders care if one doomer quits the game because he didn’t get what he wants

I think a corporation could care less

If written correctly, this narrative is vastly superior to what we are being given. Even if the theme is (what they were originally setting up for Genn) that revenge = bad, that theme is lost in the afterschool special lesson, wherein everyone walks away, lesson-learned.

We are all a little emotional in our reactions to the story, and I think Blizzard is hobbling their ability to deliver a good narrative by following community reactions a little to closely. That’s purely speculation.

Saurfang’s story in BfA was, as I’ve said, overshadowed by the good vs evil conflict they focused on with Sylvanas, and its a shame, because it is actually a great story that directly ties to his son’s death in wrath, and Saurfang’s participation in the massacre at Shatt. Sylvanas’ narrative could have been kept, slowed down and even sidelined until a later patch or the next expansion allowing the Saurfang story, and the war itself to really take center stage- and the themes present in the Saurfang narrative to carry more weight.

Golden introduced the concept that Teldrassil was a genocide in Elegy. In doing so, a lot of opportunity for nuance was lost, and the Night Elves were further victimized by the event. Blizzard latched onto this characterization, and that further hamstrung the night elf response. The Darkshore warfront was also not the best method of delivering the story of night Elf resistance. Horde players never really felt the sting of loss in Darkshore, despite that being cannon, because every time they played darkshore, they won.

6 Likes

They did indeed started to be a problem in MoP. Point is not in that, but that the active users is the metrics of choice picked by blizz after. And their preferred metrics show a rather… mixed picture so to say.

We’ll see.

They did care enough to replace the W3: reforged team with another one, that now works on the D2 remake.

Too early to tell what this will mean for the rest of blizzrd.

gl hf

Stop posting on alts talking to yourself we can tell it’s you

This is a good observation that brings up a lot of points that I wish I could have come up with myself. I just wanted to highlight it and give it a thumbs up.

It’s not that mixed, MAUs have been in decline since Legion at least.

Lol… Nathaniel Mawthorne, is Silas Savagemaw. And Barritone Beardbrush. That is my entire Forums and Reddit presence.

1 Like