Teldrassil is inescapable

Were you around at all during bfa, on any wow forum? Because people, not just Night elves, were upset. Very, very upset.

2 Likes

Nah, the whole point is to have a fight back, that allows to retaliate unconstrained and with as much CGI effort to showcase it as it was placed into the promo of a loss part.

Otherwise it’s a fair game - win some, lose some. Sometimes the horde gets territories. Sometimes the horde loses the territories. And so on.

Well of course, if blizz advertised the story about justice, then after getting money throw the promise away, then tell a story that revenge is bad-bad in the expansion where every zone requires the player to assist with revenge, that totally would not cause problems.

Like, the most basic knowledge about the narrative structure places the climax in the middle-last part of the story. With the start and impact of the initial steps of BfA, without the resolution that would rival it in impact, to expect good perception of the story would require being rather far mentally from reality.

Nobody could see the problem coming when there is stacked deception, poor execution, and personal biases on top of each other. Totally unforeseeable.

gl hf

4 Likes

If there is will there is way. But it would require to declare the current direction of the story as a failure and abandoning it. Which is what the current narrative team won’t do.

Hence some chatting to have an idea or two just in case the higher-ups will decide to replace that part of the dev team with people who would be willing to focus on the player experience over personal biases.

gl hf

3 Likes

Probably because they don’t share this degree of unhealthy involvement.

I don’t think anyone literally means forget. Just about the frequency and hyperbole to get toned down.

This dude acts like he personally know each nameless npc in that tree

Talk about dramatic

1 Like

I’m not sure what surprises you about the fact that people can react to fiction in this way, especially when they have formed attachments. As for hyperbole, as the post below yours indicates, I’m normally not the one supplying it.

Nothing does. Nowhere did I say it was surprising. I said it was unhealthy.

Ok.

As I indicated in another thread, I seriously doubt the sincerity of sentiments like this one.

You doubt I consider it unhealthy?

The whole point of war is to not let the enemy fight back lol what

That’s why we nuked japan so we wouldn’t have to fight

Don’t get involved in politics. However, they do it anyway, and I’m not sure why it’s bad.
There will be a word about intimidation of the USSR. There have already been such discussions here. Yes.

I believe Chronorabbit was referring to the point of the game - that is - in a video game, the point is that your enemy is able to fight back.

We largely weren’t able to do that because the story would not allow us to hit you back as hard as you hit us. The result, as I indicated to you before, is that people such as myself lose motivation to play the game. That’s why for instance despite being an avid PVP person, I will not help to redress factional PVP balances in this game. I’m not motivated to so long as things remain as they are.

I doubt that your statement that it is so is anything other than a cynical attempt to attack and other people. I don’t think it’s an expression of actual concern. Nor do I think it’s reasonable in the first place given that the manifest purpose of fiction is to get people to feel something even though it’s not real.

I’m certainly not in a rush to send a team of psychologists into a theater after watching the audience watch the end of Toy Story 3 - and I don’t think anyone else, certainly not anyone qualified to speak on the subject, is either. In fact I’m pretty sure that this is the only arena (specifically: an adversarial one) that I’m aware of where people make such proclamations.

You killed our zandalri king you killed our favorite character of nathanos

Still not enough

You are so entitled you demand that blizzard create a meaningless rp zone for just you because you don’t like that people die in war

Get a grip

I’d rather these people be enjoying themselves. Doubt that if you want, seems a bit overly cynical.

This comes off bad faith to me. You accept not all emotional reactions are the same. I know you do. Do you really think I consider all emotional investment on media, even just sad ones, to be bad?

Oh, I think it happens plenty of places. Harry Potter and Star Wars fans are good examples.

2 Likes

Nothing suggested that an onscreen reconquest would entail an “RP” zone - not unless you’re classifying the content that you got in the War of the Thorns as such.

Regardless, that is what I want. Your characters don’t matter to me. What matters to me is that the team that I wanted to play on is shown as effective. If you want to stonewall that, then I’ll find my entertainment elsewhere, and you don’t get to complain about PVP imbalances - because you’re not willing to do what it takes to fix them.

Perhaps not, but you’re also not laying out a distinction that makes me consider the repeated implications that people who are upset are just falling into unhealthy behaviors as anything but itself a bad faith attack. It appears to me that you’re looking for a way to discredit people when they tell you how they feel about this story, something that I’m not sure you’d be doing in anything but an adversarial environment.

Literally no character or battle is ever decided by players I have honestly no idea what you are talking about

You want a decision in the lore like what? Did voljin get to fight back?

Did any lore characters you killed that we liked get to fight back?

Any at all?

Nope

You are entitled and a doomer and that’s it

Like I said, never touch a marketing job. You’re a terrible salesperson.

I know! Just as Teldrassil does not see the Horde as a victory, so the night elves do not see Rastakhan as their victory.
Um … I guess I was late with this conclusion for a couple of years …

Usually strength and or length.

I don’t really need to bother. Healthy or not, I don’t have to care about said feelings about a story.

Well as I just said, I can think of plenty of fandoms where I think fans are overly invested.

And you are the entitled Karen that demands that she should be served like a god

Get over yourself karen