Teldrassil is inescapable

I dont know how that could be accurate. Night elf lore was a huge part of Legion, BfA, and now Shadowlands. They clearly like writing the night elves. Furthermore, despite losing Teldrassil, every opportunity was taken to make the night elves look like badasses. Yes, Teldrassil was a more dramatic and tragic loss than Undercity, but the night elves won Darkshore. Tyrande revealed the existence of a badass vengeful side of Elune worship and revived a sort of savage warrior fantasy in the modern Night Elf, and Tyrande refused to let bygones be bygones. She held fast to her badass persona through 9.0 and apparently into 9.1. She killed Nathanos.

7 Likes

This confuses me.

Why do you think that the fact that we won a warfront that was itself one of our starting zones is a huge feather in our cap? What made you believe that this was going to be enough after we lost three zones?

4 Likes

As I’ve said before if the catapults have range like that I’m unsure why we had to invade Argus.

Just park the things on Hyjal, load them with Blight canisters and bombard the Legion into oblivion.

2 Likes

Already gone. Not to mention you don’t ever want to acknowledge other opinions on Horde race fantasies. Get a new schtick atleast.

Wow. Never fails they try to act like they have unbiased opinions.

:eyes:

1 Like

As far as story goes, as Ive said, it was poorly executed, but it has all the hallmarks of a great “overcoming adversity” story. Foreign invaders launch a brutal attack on the homeland. An underground resistance repels the invaders. The Elunious Basterds strike so much fear into the hearts of the enemy with their brutal tactics that the fuhrer orders them to speak of this to no one.

In the wake of the 4th war, the only thing the Night elves lost for good was the tree (and admittedly an inconsistent number of lives). As has been the theme in Cata, MoP, Legion, BFA and now SL, the Night Elves are shown as completely bad to the bone.

If it’s poorly executed, then all of the wonderful ideas and themes that could have taken place simply don’t count, I’m sorry.

This story has to be judged on what it was, not what it could have been. If we’re admitting here that it was poorly executed, then we are admitting that there is a problem.

3 Likes

This was meant as a bonus to Tyrande’s badass image.

I’ve been adamant about that.

No such thing exist unfortunately.
You have to do something badass to get that image.

And the Night Warrior has been nothing but a waste.

3 Likes

Then I don’t understand why you’re fighting us on this.

1 Like

I interpret it as another “be happy with what you got. Hail corporate.”

1 Like

At this point, I really wish they would hve just included Thrall downplaying Tyrande in a book or something, this is outright comical.

Tyrande glaring at Shrek with the mind of a leader heavy with the deaths of her people on her mind, screams at Thrall or something.

Then Thrall could actually have dialogue like ‘Woah Tyrande! Not cool! You’re being…yikes! You’re cooler then this, their lives didn’t even matter! Not like Saurfang’s!’

The POINT of the Night Warrior was either a ploy for a quick, and easy way to literally ROB her of it with her, and pretend that when it’s gone, that requiring respite for her people is some parasitic emotion that she should thank, no one, for helping her get rid of it.

That couldn’t manage to kill a guy with a bow with the help of the strongest druid in existance, and that during it’s entire lifecycle never managed to acomplish anything of note or worth.

Which she was shown to be in the wrong for, despite what happened to her people. And again, it ammounted to nothing.

Every single thing the Night elves have gotten since Teldrassil has, unintentionally or not, simply rubbed salt into the wound. Perhaps that will change, if we’re lucky. But don’t act like people should be grateful for the pure garbage that the Night warrior storyline has been.

5 Likes

He’s trying to show us his non-biased opinion of course.

The Night Warrior barely saves Darkshore… It barely ‘kills’ Nathanos, and it barely exists in Shadowlands.

Can you even admit that the Night Warrior clearly was only created to force Tyrande to rethink vengeance? Can you atleast do that? It wasn’t meant to do anything cool, it was the receptacle for which her vengeance could be contained in, and removed later. This is glaring, and obvious. Anyone who didn’t have expectations for the Night Warrior line to go anywhere was correct.

There’s something to be said about the NE receiving -anything- at all with it sure. But, they could have easily just updated Tyrande’s model, if they were trying to just innocently allow her to look like a badass.

3 Likes

Maybe I haven’t been arguing with him as long as you have been - but if he’s willing to admit that there are issues in how things were presented, that’s better by a mile than the usual fanaticism and stonewalling that we normally get. There’s a chance for common ground there.

2 Likes

It’s still stonewalling to me if he’s just going to say slip by that it’s bad, then tell me I’m ungrateful for all my gifts from the story.

1 Like

I think Ive been pretty clear that I only think that Blizzard has gross incompetence, or something else impeding their ability to deliver a satisfactory narrative, but definitely not anti night elf, nor pro horde bias. All I have done after entering this conversation to say that good vs evil is a bad theme for WoW, is point out that flawed logic. The idea that somehow one side should be, or is very happy with the story in BfA. That somehow the horde won. No one is happy.

I will say, I do miss BfA, but only because SL is so bad.

6 Likes

The Horde constructively killed off the Night Elves. What remains now is unappealing at best.

So yes, I’d say they won - at least against me in the battle over my willingness to play this game.

1 Like