Teldrassil is inescapable

Couldn’t imagine why you’re here, it’s not obvious or anything.

Look at all these new fans I have now.

whatever makes you sleep at night cause i know how scary it is to have all those people who picked the red faction playing the game

Yeah, it’s really scary to hear them whine about WPVP, and Warmode rewards, on top of the stuff I read on the forums.

Dude. I tried to engage you and discuss the actual lore like a good nerd, because thats why we are here… even partisans like Ainhin-thorium-brotherhood can engage in an intelligent lore discussion despite obvious bias. Your understanding of the actual story seems to be limited to “Blizzard hates the Night Elves and loves all Horde”. Your ignorance combined with rabid partisanship makes it very hard to have a discussion.

8 Likes

This comment wasn’t even directed at you, and I left the conversation in your hands to contribute too. I was of the mind you weren’t into playing a victim.

You definitely didnt contribute. These conversations are like jazz. It’s a dueling guitars kind of vibe or a cooperative session where we riff off of one another. If you just smack your face on the piano, how is anyone supposed to know where to pick up? I want us to have a great jam session. I just need more from you.

Me and another person answered the last thing you said. I’m sorry, are you wanting me to check your scorecard?

No I absolutely contributed, I wouldn’t be under attack if I wasn’t posting solely in this thread.

I’m serious, I’ll throw you a bone, what is it you want to move his discussion forward? I’ll come to an agreement totally on your terms here, but you’ll have to match me one. Which is it? What point are you wanting accepted, I’ll bite.

Which isn’t anything remotely close to what I’ve said. I could say the complete opposite for you, because you’re espousing things like Saurfang/Baine as somehow false content despite what was presented to the Alliance, and what they “got” via maybe mission tables.

I’m going to the lake. Interested in seeing what your response to this will be.

You really dont understand me as a player. I am bi-partisan. I play primarily worgen, dwarf and undead characters with a smattering of Pandaren because I’m a furry. I am a roleplayer and my faction pride is whatever faction I am playing at any given moment. My lore discussions are neutral and based on the actual story, and what I like or dont like, mostly as a critique of execution more than events. My observations about the position of the Horde vs that of the Alliance post 4th war are fact based refutations of your absurdly wrong claims that the Horde emerged from the 4th war in a position of advantage.

I am not trying to influence your opinion about Anduin. I simply refuted the claim that Anduin is a traitor to the Alliance.

I don’t know how this is apparent because I don’t. Sympathy is not akin to victimhood.

I wouldn’t. I think, executed differently it would have been a decent storytelling device.

Stream-of-Consciousness style is harder than it looks. It takes practice -and honestly, some level of literary expertise- to execute properly. Otherwise it’s just word vomit that no one can follow.

Hello, Kyalin. We disagree on much. Yet, if nothing else, this thread seemed heartfelt. I can appreciate that.

But, as I sat in my “Mod-assisted time out” … I considered your question.

If we were somehow chatting face to face, I suppose I would acknowledge that with a nod, and a puzzled look. It is a true enough statement. But it sort of resolves the issue it brings up. You acknowledge bad faith actors are not looking for discussion, and if one chooses to knowingly engage with them, it is likely just for giggles. Not worth serious consideration.

Great! Isn’t it nice when things work themselves out?

Speaking of undercurrents… I think there is an undercurrent of sympathy beneath the friendly jibes from Hordeposters.

I don’t know how many people feel you should ignore it? I mean, if I mention the Burning of Teldrassil in a joke, I hope people remember it. Not to get too deep into “the science of comedy”, but usually, if one tells a joke, one wants the audience to get the references. So, it would do little good to have it be ignored, as far as humor.

2 Likes

I think “wanting it ignored” is mistaking the intent and perspective of Horde players. I don’t think it was about stuff not being addressed in Alliance content as much as not wanting a big guilt trip experience during Horde content.

What doesn’t help is that the Horde perspective on the whole issue was so poorly handled that, in my opinion, is almost pointless to seriously judge them for it from a meta level because thoughts on it are extremely absent. I don’t even recall a single Bloodrage McFoddergrunt NPC laughing like a sociopath about it or even a vague “had it coming”. There is no proper explanation given for other than some vague dialogue about how Sylvanas has played on their anger.

Edit: Come to think of it, it wasn’t really addressed post-Reckoning either. Focused a lot more on Sylvanas doing things for her own vague interests.

2 Likes

One of the fundamental problems with Teld is that on the Horde side, it was essentially absent.

Once the Horde was used for what it needed for in that tragedy, outside of Saurfang (who was kept deliberately distant from the main events of the War) … said tragedy just didn’t exist. With Blizz apparently not knowing quite how to keep most of the Horde reps in line if they were allowed an opinion on what they were just made complicit in. At least not long enough so Sylvanas could use the Faction the way she needed to. So they just didn’t allow them to have an opinion period.

This is the reason Derek exists. He was the “approved” catalyst for dissent and rebellion during the “approved” patch. Far enough into the Story for that dissent to be pretty irrelevant to the settup of Shadowlands. And while Blizz COULD have used an entrapment narrative with most of their current storybeats for BfA (I would not have however made a more pleasant Horde playing experience) … Blizz couldn’t even do that because they wanted to apparently keep Sylvie’s betrayal … a “surprise”.

6 Likes

posted yesterday

already 500 replies

ooooh boy. could i get a tldr?

I’ve never met a Horde player arguing about who got what that doesn’t say they’re neutral. Ever, not even once.

By stating the exact same reasons that you consider Horde characters traitors. Putting the opposite faction first. Debunked.

Then you should bipartisanly view getting to burn Teldrassil as an unquestionable example of the Horde affecting the Alliance in a way that isn’t reciprocated.

Yeah no kidding. But you’re still crying about the Horde.

You’re not a victim in every facet? Poor little boy.

1 Like

I see you’re still projecting huh

1 Like

I can’t help but notice you’ve contributed nothing to the thread. I’m shocked you’re still here…

So what? Hammerfall is still there, and with it a Horde pressence roughly equal to that of the Alliance.

No it’s not. The Alliance controls gilneas and up to fenris isle. The rest belongs to the Forsaken.

So you don’t know. When exploring kalimdor comes out, I guarantee it will show The barrens under Horde control, with little to no Alliance pressence.

And do you know how much this matters for Blizzard? None at all. The Horde will still be just as strong as the Alliance when it’s required. And i’m fairly certain the Undercity will be rebuilt.

4 Likes

People are whining about people whining that people are whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining that are whining about people whining.

Too long?

TL;DR: People are whining about people whining that people are whining

3 Likes

So, anyone find it kind of hilarious the Kaldorei didn’t have a fire escape plan?

Like let’s be real here they’re all until recently immortal homeless nutters who’ve been camping in the woods. Ever met someone who lives in the woods? They come in exactly 2 flavors. Hermit who wants to be left alone and certifiably criminally insane person who probably shouldn’t be allowed to stalk the night.

Which, incidentally, perfectly describes the gender roles of Kaldorei society when we meet them in WC3.

Now you take that idea and stack on just millenia upon millenia of the sort of brain rot that’ll happen when you’re guarding some trees from nothing in particular, and nothing in particular happens from the fall of the Roman Empire to the invention of drones.

And yeah I can see them being so completely out of it they just bawk at Teldrassil and go

“Oh. Yeah. Wood. That burns. Woops”

1 Like