Teldrassil is inescapable

@Kaleaon so what’s with the jokes? What kind of jokes were there about the burning elves? Malfurion with lists and solar fire, coal business, what else?

Your reaction to someone encouraging sexual assault or murder against a man and his family was to casually slap him on the wrist and argue that you’re just like him along with every other Night Elf poster in your little club.

The fact you think someone calling out your bizarre position validates such claims shows how far gone you are.

Legit seek mental help.

EDIT: As someone who’s a stickler for the rules, you’re a wonderful hypocrite.

5 Likes

This may be a cultural thing. I’m not sure. But if you understand sports culture then you may have a better understanding of how clowning on the opposition is meant to be in good faith , meant to be fun even if it is brutal and honest.

That’s normal. Especially for a fictional setting.

What I find odd…and frankly obnoxious…is the group of people who take a fictional tragedy and extrapolate it to being a personal slight on their person. Literally shut up. That’s it.

I did not understand anything. However, I was interested in the text of the jokes. An idea arose - the night elves seize the coal market, then electricity, make the whole world dependent on the energy and fuel they provide (including oil), destroy / absorb competitive companies (including the smallest ones), and then stop supplying unwanted energy carriers. And the unwanted die of hunger, because their agriculture was supported by mashine, which means fuel / electricity.

I am sorry that your favorite race experienced a tragedy in the current lore and you feel like you can’t escape it by consuming the lore via a different game.

Personally, I dont think there is anything inherently wrong with the Teldrassil narrative. My sympathy is actually more toward alliance fans who are tired of being reactionary. Exhausted by the monotonous narrative of the people to whom bad things happen. This is unfortunately inevitable when the narrative strays from morally grey to Good vs. Evil.

Each faction should be a mess of contradictions, tied together by convoluted necessities. The building blocks for this exist. Human manifest destiny, vs. Night elf isolationism, for example.

Those policy positions should clash with horde racial positions on a practical level, not a moral one. Otherwise you have a victim culture on the part of the “good guys” but they can never be fully avenged or the franchise ends. That feels like crap.

9 Likes

Summarizes the last 6 months of the story forums very succinctly I feel.

1 Like

More like pre-patch BfA until now, and likely until the forum shuts down.

4 Likes

100/100.

Thats exactly the problem.

If the alliance/nightelf get their equally in scale kind of revenge, the setting would be over but the problem is; they would deserve it.

Their Position to give up make them weak in many player views and a sylvanas redemption is like salt rubbing in the wound.

So, we have a Problem here. One side is getting the moral victim and is forced to forgive but the games broughtno real reason to do this expect “revenge bad”

And for the reccord: nightelfs are much much much more vengeancefull as even undeads. They hold their grudge about thousand of years and have endet entire civilisations because of this.

Vengeance is part of their theme @kaelon

6 Likes

It’s represented at Broken Shore that nothing is sacred for the “good guys”. Men avenging the death of your own father is simply playing into the plot of some emo dead waifu obsession character.

I think we should heed Tyrande’s wise words.

“You must not allow rage and despair to poison your heart.”

(the night elves weren’t about vengeance in WC3 other than for things actually done to them and, like, Maiev who almost got her killed)

Nope. 9.1 makes this clear. Vengeance is inherently evil. Uther makes it clear that vengeance is a negative, unwanted quality. Sorry, that’s not where the story is going. Tyrande’s own daughter makes this clear repeatedly.

If you don’t like this story direction that is one argument. But this is the story direction that Blizzard is choosing.

/shrug.

You know, this words were funny in wc3 because maiev told you a few missions earlier. “We have erased entire races because they awakened our anger”^^

Notably Maiev gets exiled in WC3 and literally did not come out of exile until post BC

wc3 main theme was about how revenge and cycles of hatred are bad for everyone so they should forgive

which is funny because everyone wants a return to wc3

1 Like

Translation: The Horde is able to brutalize the Night Elves, but the Night Elves are forbidden from hitting back, so says I.

5 Likes

The horde can still make a bloody sacrifice. Voluntarily. Showcase the hara-kiri of the older generation of the Horde in front of their children and night elves.

1 Like

Is vengeance supposed to be a night elf theme? It’d be the first I heard of it, although admittedly I don’t go deep into their stories. I know they’re supposed to be fanatical about their forests, but I didn’t think of that as vengeance.

It is what it is Kyalin. Maybe your next thead whining about Night Elves and Teldrassil will be more successful.

I like this idea, since the Horde aren’t even able to commit to the idea it was dishonorable.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re just advocating for the unfair advantages that Blizzard gave to your side.