TBC should be no copy and everyone starts at 58

Gold isn’t a limited resource…you can literally grind mobs infinitely and create more of it. Only things on timers are limited.

EDIT: dur arcanite xmutes—i missed that you were talking about that that my bad…imdumb

Shh. Adults are speaking.

1 Like

Well even arcanite crystals before DM were limited. There are only so many nodes that spawn every so often. It’s just an example and maybe there is a better one.

Wealth disparity will cause an unequal opportunity and desire to ‘horde’ these items that will eventually become much more important and most people will just get priced out.

1 Like

Ahh crystals before DM East, yeah…limited.

I doubt you even have 1kg lol

This would invalidate my entire classic experience. No fair.

You can’t even articulate how it hurts the economy. All you have managed to do is toss insults.

1 Like

The best way to handle going into TBC for you to have a one time copy of your existing toon to the new server, but with only soul bound items. TBC should be at least a semi fresh start IMO.

1 Like
  1. The single largest gold sink in TBC will not matter at all.
  2. Hurts class identity as changing your rep rings + respec costs will be neglible.
  3. It puts newer players (and there will be an amount) at a massive disadvantage.
  4. Makes prof changing a joke as it is now.

I don’t agree with starting at level 58 though and I do think player gear should carry through. It’s a really tough issue but if I had to choose I’d rather see everyone start @ level 1 a month prior to the portal opening and have draenei,belves and JC opened early.

1 Like

It quite obviously hurts the economy for the players who cannot afford the items being horded.

What in your view would hypothetically ‘hurt the economy’ then? Nothing?

I mean wiping character progression is not a very good idea. Also the same expoits used in classic will be used in TBC so I don’t think a wipe really fixes it. I don’t see a worlds where we don’t have layering again at the start especially since they have layering again currently.

It did hurt the economy but the slate isn’t wiped in TBC with a fresh start. These same people will do the exact same thing but buying everything cheaper and it would be if we rolled over. It’s an issue of they know what to horde. Removing the money just means they do the same thing with less money but you have less too so proportionally everything stays the same.

Yeah my argument is simply that you can minimize the damage of this ‘artificial demand’ of knowing what is coming by limiting how much gold people start with.

You can’t get rid of it, but you can lessen it.

How will disallowing copy to tbc change the market manipulation from taking place? The same people who do this in classic will just do the same in tbc even if they start over fresh. Taking away their wealth only delays the things you consider a problem by a few weeks at most.

3 Likes

That doesn’t “hurt the economy”. If I can’t afford a Krol Blade I earn gold until I can. Me not being able to buy one doesn’t hurt the economy.

People have been selling that lie for a long long time. The Auction House is not a vendor. It is not a one way transaction. If a new player can’t afford items on the AH because everything is so expensive, then that new player can earn a fortune on the AH by selling items because they are so expensive.

Items on the AH being expensive is AMAZINGLY beneficial for new players.

1 Like

I completely agree but the economy and the sense of value will be instantly shot if people can just transfer a toon over with 10+k gold.

I remember struggling for gold in TBC for a solid portion of it, barely being able to afford the primal mana for the sword smith epic sword before my first raid night and consumes, The fact that respeccing for ZA/Kara runs over the weekend cost me 300g per respec thanks to having to change up my rep rings twice.

Most people would look at those as negatives but it really added value to my professions and the time I did spend farming gold.

2 Likes

Did you earn that gold legitimately?

If so, why should they stop you from spending it legitimately?

If not, why should they not take it away right now, instead of when TBC comes out?

2 Likes

We know how to farm gold in tbc, it’s not going to delay many of us by much more than a week. There will always be those who struggle for money in game, it’s just how it is.

2 Likes

I think there should be different servers which have different player transitions from Classic to TBC. Some people (not I) want to carry their current lvl 60s with their tier sets, sums of gold, and thunderfuries into TBC, and I think that they should be allowed to do just that because that’s how they experienced WoW back in 2007.
However, I would love to have fresh servers where everyone starts off at lvl 1, and no one can transfer lvl 60s over. I recognize that many don’t want to lvl through classic content again, so I think they should be allowed to transfer their current characters onto realms that allow transfers.

Everyone starting at lvl 58 seems like a bad idea to me. Many people wouldn’t know how to play those new lvl 58s. I know that I would pick a priest because I think they’re cool but I find them too boring to level, so if I could have one that was leveled for me, then why not? But then I wouldn’t know how to play the class well, and because I hadn’t spent time into it, the toon wouldn’t really mean anything to me. One of the big reasons we love our lvl 60s is because we put so much work into them, so getting a free character boost to 58 is just like what retail does, and it leaves you with a full page of high level characters that you never play.
Also, if everyone starts out in Outlands, Kalimdor and EK would be totally dead which would affect the economy (and leveling professions) negatively.
And, how would you deal with the people who would constantly make lvl 58s, send over the starting gold that they have, and then delete and repeat? Obviously, those lvl 58s would have to start out with a 60% mount, gear, a couple of food/water or comsumes, and some gold. Which mount will they get, what gear will they have, and how much gold will they have for class abilities? Even if they don’t start with gold, they can just create a char, vendor the starting gear and consumes, mail that gold over to their main and do it again and again.
Think of DKs in WotLK: They had special starting zones which, when completed, left the DK with gold, gear, and a mount as he went off into the Outlands. Blizzard wouldn’t create new special starting zones for these level 58s to quickly progress into being prepared w/ mount, gold, and gear before heading into the Outlands, so you can assume that the lvl 58s would just start with that stuff in their inventory. I imagine they’d give them all four 10-12 slot bags, 50g, a 60% mount, and starting green gear that can be vendored for more gold.
Also, what professions would the 58s start with and at what level do they start? If they’re starting their profs at lvl 1, then they’ll have to go back to Durotar and Elwynn Forest to fight for the copper veins, peace bloom, and humanoids and beasts for linen cloth and light leather. You would have a ton of high level characters camping low level zones for respawns. They wouldn’t be able to buy the stuff of the AH because there wouldn’t have been players who leveled through Azeroth and posted the excess mats on the AH since everyone started in outlands. It’s unlikely that blizzard would give vouchers to players to go pick out your 60% mount or to exchange in for a profession starting at lvl 275-300 because that wouldn’t have been part of the original TBC experience.
The solution of just one lvl 58 doesn’t really work much either. What about the many players who have several level 60s? Some people like 2-3 classes equally and now they have to just pick one to have at a high level and the other will have to be re-leveled from 1? That won’t go over well.
Blizzard is trying to recreate the TBC experience as well as possible while also keeping happy the most players possible, so that they retain subs…and having new TBC servers with people just starting at lvl 58 wouldn’t help them achieve that goal.

I do think that there should be different TBC servers that handle transitions from Classic in different ways, but I don’t think starting at 58 is a good one. It has too many cons when compared to the pros and cons of other methods.

BTW, I fully know that there are people who will disagree with my opinion on the subject, but there isn’t an easy solution for this transition. Every option out there (ones Blizzard asked about in the survery, and ones they didn’t) has pros and cons, and they just gotta do the one with the least amount of reprocussions. I mean…it’s an expansion. There really isn’t a smooth transition without pissing off someone because we play the game for different reasons and we have different goals in-game.
Everything I said is simply my opinion on the pros and cons of different options for transition into TBC.

TL;DR - I don’t know how to summarize all my viewpoints in a nice sentence or two for those of you who want to take a quick poll on who’s voting for which TBC transition method…so…idk…just don’t read my post. Idc

5 Likes

Considering that Blizzard sent a survey that included various transition options, half of which contemplated resets, I’d say you making a definitive statement like that is absurd at this point in time.

3 Likes