TBC should be no copy and everyone starts at 58

You are assuming that this 1% of the population will be keeping something necessary and vital from the general population…almost nothing you buy in the AH or from this 1%, is necessary in order to progress through the game.

So although the 1% may still hold a majority of the gold, saying they will own/control X or Y, is very far fetched considering you won’t even need what they are selling (in most scenarios)…or you could just farm it your self.

EDIT: I’m not disagreeing that this inequality will happen, like you said, but I think that you are over-exaggerating the effect it will have on the general population.

One guy hit the gold cap back in TBC, in late TBC, and he’s famous for being the only one to do it at the time.

There is, classic had it botched with temporary layering that gave early players a substantial lead on gathering mats. The level playing field happens at the start of an expansion. What you want is for the inequality of vanilla gold to just continue into TBC. Realistically, the only problem with that is the NPC vendor price on epic flying. It doesn’t matter if you have tons of gold in TBC if there’s nothing to buy and no markets to control; but what it does allow is acquiring epic flying first, and that allows for farming that’s at least 5x more efficient than slow flying, and that allows for market domination on materials.

You’re clueless. The TBC economy doesn’t pull gold out of the ground through vendors. It’s a material based economy. The initial gold comes from questing, after that players are farming mats for gold, not mobs. That continues until quel danas dailies.

Your opinions on any of this really don’t matter because you clearly don’t understand any of it.

1 Like

No friend, it seems you’re the one who is clueless.

Classes who can clear lower level instances for fast gold now, will still be able to do it come BC. The amount of gold and items that drop don’t change.

You do realize once BC comes, you don’t have to stay in Outland right? You can always go back to ZF and slaughter trolls.

2 Likes

FTFY

1 Like

No, I’m starting to like my previous idea:

Open new servers NOW, with the express intent that THOSE will be the TBC servers in the future.

That way there is no grey area. They can open transfers from all realms to those new ones but you’ll be given a message “This will be a TBC server in the future. Once it goes live, there is no going back. Are you sure you want to do this?”

Great way to pull some people off the other servers where people say they are “crowded” and get the new servers set up at the same time.

3 Likes

Just allow transfers.

1. maximum amount of gold (say 1000 g)
  2. Only soulbound items and they cannot be vendored

It isn’t hard.

2 Likes

Because all mats will retain their value come TBC, right? Making 60g/hour off the vendor doing zf runs is nothing compared to taking even a slow mount around to farm OL mats. Just stop, you’re outside of the conversation now and the trash you come up with is embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for you.

1 Like

Because any items that are important in later patches will have inflated values from the get go due to all the whales who know that they will become important.

ITT: we pretend (some) players didn’t already have thousands of gold stockpiled by January 2006 when they waltzed through the Dark Portal.

1 Like

I have a couple issues with this. First and foremost, items having “inflated value” doesn’t hurt the economy. Some things are valuable, some aren’t. That’s life.

Second, we are talking about the economy in TBC. You can’t horde anything in Classic that will screw up the economy in TBC.

You literally just said nothing and tried to disguise it as an argument.

Let me rephrase, you can’t just pretend everyone’s arguments against you don’t exist. Tossing around the phrase “hurts the economy” doesn’t mean anything if you can’t explain how it hurts the economy.

1 Like

This is true, but what I mean is past iterations of this process carrying over. Demand is then skewed by the outsized buying power of copies, and the market will be disproportionately developed by them as they are best able to realize opportunities. If a fresh server tends towards 80/20 with leveling, guilds, etc., then surely this process starting for a second time with will be complicated further by the first.

To the people that wont accept a reset. It’s cool. You can stick around on the classic servers. Later nerds.

They won’t accept a reset, because there will be no reset :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not opposed to having a few servers that are for fresh 58s and 1s only, but that will almost certainly be the minority of servers.

I guess I don’t see how bringing whatever gold you have in Classic with you to TBC would create a different economy in any way from the one you have at that moment on your Classic server, provided you can’t repeatedly do it.

I already did explain it. If people started Classic with tens of thousands of gold and they knew that arcanite bars and whatnot will become much more important later, they will jack up the price of them from the get go.

That did happen anyway, but not as severely as if people started with so much gold.

Dude. Relax. It’s a game. Just enjoy it. No need to get so worked up over it.

And there won’t be a reset. We will keep our characters and our gold.

I’m sure they will open new servers for people who want a fresh start, so you guys will get to grind all over again.

2 Likes

First of all, no one wants arcanite bars in TBC. Second, the price of things going up doesn’t hurt the economy.

Hmmmm yeah a limited resource going dramatically up in price doesn’t hurt an economy at all. Duuuurrrr.

Of course no one wants arcanite bars in TBC. It was an analogy.