TBC should be no copy and everyone starts at 58

Judging by the prices, this is incorrect.

1 Like

Because people are HOARDING lotuses. Guilds buying them up and farming them just to stockpile inflates the demand just as much as people just using them currently and unless you’re speed running, using flasks right now is literally throwing money down the toilet.

Why is it that so many people want to make decisions for everyone? I don’t care if blizzard creates a server where everyone starts at level 1 or gets a level 58 for the people who want that. I just don’t want to play on them. I want to move my characters forward into BC just like I did with my characters years ago.

6 Likes

Because there’s a limit to how much Blizzard can fragment the community, so they’ll want to find an “universal” solution and no matter what they do its not going to fit everyone’s interest.

But i highly, highly doubt the safe move here is to force everyone to restart fresh characters or even “templates”.

3 Likes

Then one would expect the prices to drop pretty dramatically with the reintroduction of layers. Yet this isn’t what happened. Instead, prices dipped a little and rebounded.

There’s enough different about leveling in TBC that starting at 1 on a fresh TBC server isn’t that much of a slog. If not for the gold hoarding problem, I’d rather see classic vanilla servers transition to classic TBC servers. If they’re made separate, I’d rather see a transfer feature over a copy feature, and one with a gold cap. Allow timegated transfers of characters, say once every month, and limit the gold they can bring with them to 300g, preferably less. By making it a transfer, it forces the player to think a bit before just moving their entire account over to TBC.

The materials they bring aren’t such a big deal, because they’ll quickly become obsolete or just vastly less valuable. Sure, there will be day one 300 JC, but that’s not terribly different than the day one 300 any other profession. Yes, it will create a market for JC leveling mats right off the bat, but who is going to have lots of gold to spend on mats? With a harsh gold limit of a few hundred per month to be transferred over, by the time anyone has used transfers to amass vast amounts of their vanilla gold, the server will have had time to create its own economy.

What must not happen is anyone bringing several thousand gold from vanilla classic to TBC classic. The massive economical advantage of getting epic flying first will shatter the TBC economy forever if players are able to zerg their to it because they were riding a mountain of vanilla classic gold. It’s not a reasonable way to introduce TBC classic.

7 Likes

!Thinly veiled plea for fresh servers detected!

2 Likes

Why should I have to think about which character I want to play for a month? I enjoy leveling up my tank and healer at the same time. Get tired of one, swap to other. And I’ll play whatever guild needs at the time. Why are people so determined to ruin other’s good time?

Oh please. Just because you don’t have it, no one should?

4 Likes

It doesn’t cause the economy to contract or whatever, it does perpetuate inequality in a way a fresh start doesn’t

I’d prefer completely separate servers @ level 1 with no ties to Classic at all.

3 Likes

If you can’t save up gold now, you won’t be saving it up in BC.

Like every expac, you reap what you sow. As an end game raider in retail, I start every new expansion with best in slot gear and a very healthy gold savings.

Why should this be any different?

6 Likes

Inequality in TBC isn’t going to be significantly exacerbated by the vanilla materials brought over from classic servers.

Inequality will naturally form between different types of guilds. It’ll start during the leveling process anyway.

Why should you have to think? You’re right, that sounds awful.

I can purchase epic flying a few times over before I feel like my pockets are shallow. The difference between us is that I understand the impact that epic flying makes on the server economy in TBC. The TBC economy is not one wherein you can wrench a massive amount of gold out of the ground. TBC’s economy functions around mats. Whoever can gather the most mats fastest has a god like grip on the server economy. The only stop gap for that is the 5k price tag on epic flying.

It was not normal back in the day to have massive gold stockpiles. It was not normal to take massive gold stockpiles into TBC. Players didn’t have a set release schedule for all the content in classic as well as encyclopedic knowledge of how material values would shift with each release which will then continue into TBC. People like you pretend that you’re not exploiting this and that it’s somehow not ruining the game for those trying to play around you, or god forbid for those trying to have a vanilla or TBC experience for the first time. You’re playing with a stacked deck and then have the gall to criticize anyone suggesting that you use a normal set of cards. Your opinions on classic or on TBC classic are worthless.

9 Likes

why 58? Some people may want to Play the Belf/Draenei starting areas. Why not make everyone start at level 1?

1 Like

:roll_eyes: words fail me.

People like you are genuinely stupid. Takes some courses on economics. More currency in the system always effects the markets. TBC economy will be a owned by the 1% if they allow people to copy characters to TBC realms.

Players are better at ever than farming gold. There are mages farming 24/7. Multiboxers farming 24/7. They use strategies that weren’t even popularized back in vanilla, or well known.

Allowing players to hoard gold until TBC release is a diaster scenario. IT won’t mirror vanilla transition at all. The average player going into TBC originally probably had less than 500 gold. Going into TBC again, the average gold is going to be approaching thousands of gold. The amount of players who will have reached the gold caps will be insane by comparison to back in the day. I barely play and I’ sitting on 2k gold right now. I’ve spent easily another 2k since the game started. And I don’t even have a multiboxer or a mage. You’re need to do some research buddy, because the amount of gold going to be in TBC if they do character copies will be outrageous and it will be reflected in the markets.

2 Likes

I’m mostly interested in playing a TBC Classic server type that allows no transfers & everyone starts at level 1. Most of the toxic and/or cheese-fest people won’t be interested in this type TBC server, so all the better for the community there. I don’t see this happening though.

3 Likes

Most players have generated 5 figures since starting classic, and that’s just due to more game knowledge and more competency when farming. The players actively applying this extra knowledge to optimize their profits have large amounts of liquidated gold on top of material stockpiles worth more than the gold cap, which stops at 99,999 gold.

1 Like

With hindsight, many players are stockpiling gold and profession alts and plan on tackling TBC with quite a war chest.

While I do like the idea of continuing on my adventure from Classic at some point, I think just doing a copy/paste of everything to a TBC realm is not a good idea at all.

I like the idea of allowing us to copy a single character over but with a hard gold cap (something around 250g) and only BoP items transferable.

If they want to just give us a template 58, I would be fine with that too.

3 Likes

Wealthy players existed the first time around. So anyone starting late will be at a disadvantage. This is part of the game. It’s this way in every MMO ever.

There is no such thing as an even playing field in games like these. There will always be people who can dedicate more time and resources.

Acting like this one little thing is going to be the great equalizer is just daft.

Guess what. Those Cassic gold farms don’t go away when BC hits. They just become faster for those aoe classes to farm.

And my opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s. Because I offer a valid point of view that runs in opposition to yours, your best retort is to call mine worthless?

1 Like