TBC: nameplate range increase maybe?

If this were REMOTELY the case Leeway would exist in the same state on retail, you know, to lift up and support or poor unfortunate australian brethren who simply want to play on NA servers.

Debunked.

Say it one more time for the people in the back!

I would hope they change this. It makes no sense to change actual spells but take a hard stance on keeping the integrity of nameplate distance.

2 Likes

Bumping because yes! Please extend nameplate range!!

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

Leeway has been in WoW since Vanilla and remains in WoW to this day in the exact same form, unchanged. The only thing they did was normalize Tauren hitboxes years ago.

Here is the Leeway formula that has been in use and unchanged even in retail.

Leeway formula:

Melee attack: MAX(5, SourceCombatReach + TargetCombatReach + 4/3) + IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(8/3)
Ranged attack: SourceCombatReach + TargetCombatReach + AttackRange + IfSourceAndTargetAreRunning(2)
AoE: TargetCombatReach + AttackRadius + IfSourceIsRunning(2)

I ssugest you go read this thread, check out the post from Velenno, he provides links and videos to elaborate

What is it with people in this day and age that claim some bull, never back it up and continue to perpetuate said bull despite all the evidence against it?

1 Like

In pvp as a dps i cant be at max range in BG’s and see who is casting a heal or about to cast sheep vs melee can see all this and be able to do something about it vs range that are just out of luck

1 Like

Facts. And its not like the range is even decent, you are seeing nothing that is going on out there. Super annoying.

Thankfully, Arena will just have unit frames.

1 Like

bumping this again. Such a simple change will bring a big QOL improvement, and it won’t break anything. Nameplate distance gets extended in WOTLK anyway so it doesn’t make sense to say we can’t have it sooner.

1 Like

Just make nameplats show based on your average range if not just display at 40 yrds at all times.

bumping this again to raise more awareness.

They added nameplate increase to arenas but didn’t make it universal for some reason.
It has more of a gameplay impact on pvp so I’m surprised they didn’t make this change for all aspects of the game.

20 yrd nameplate range is clunky for ranged classes & in a pve setting isn’t offering anything we can’t already track, just makes it easier and more efficient to manage debuffs and targeting.

1 Like

You should at least be able to see the target you’re attacking and not have to rely on addons to check range. Make it happen.

1 Like

Bump /10 Char

Like please Blizz. This is the most basic QoL changes you could possible implement.

Please.

1 Like

This will make pvp healers very sad.

It wasn’t in TBC, so we shouldn’t have it period. I want to keep TBC Classic identical to the original thing, and that would ruin it.

Hey, here is the correct script for increasing the nameplate distance:
/run SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, “41”)

This is the exact command that worked for me:

/script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 41)

lads, look at the date