TBC is only fun leveling 60-70

and a little bit after for some reps, attunements, etc. kharazan/gruul is kinda fun too but not for long. after a while of that, what is there to do except raid log. it’s boring. the world is small. flying isn’t novel anymore. face it, TBC is a flawed game. it corrals you into this tiny world but doesn’t give you enough to do. and it makes horde/alliance feel the same because everyone is huddled together in stupid shattrash

11 Likes

You are one of the most annoying posters on the forums, mocking anyone that even talks theoretically about improvements to TBC

How can you post this with a straight face, you main comment is “go back to retail”

28 Likes

oh I don’t care about tbc anymore. change whatever you want. it’s a dead husk lol

There is a reason most wanted classic+

11 Likes

The rep grind sucks, especially to get into heroics.

The zones are not optimized well for leveling, can tell some areas were rushed or not well thought out. Hellfire and Nagrand are excellent places to level, Zanger and a few others are some of the worst with how much travel you have to do.

2 Likes

Man back in the day my pc couldn’t handle Zang so I just skipped it and never went there while leveling lol I still hate that zone

2 Likes

The classic experience was always hanging out in a capital city trash talking in trade chat. You don’t have to have pet battles and mini games for the game to be “fun”. It’s fun enough as a social game

4 Likes

Wait until you actually play Classic for more than the 2 weeks you did, and to boot SoM’s accelerated schedule. You’ll be crushed under the grind and be back to TBC then back to retail before phase 2.

Maybe you should worry about getting past 20 first.

4 Likes

I disagree. TBC was a lot better than Vanilla. WotLK was also nice. Cataclysm ruined questing for me… Way too sterile. The “lack of optimization” is what I call flavor. Making the big world we play in feel more connected is what helps give WoW Classic its immersive feel.

7 Likes

Some areas were far better questing than Vanilla. Though Vanilla did have some good zones. I didn’t think Vanilla questing was great either.

It’s just weird how well put together some TBC zones are for leveling with close quests, good rewards, excellent exp per hour and some are just so damn terrible. Wrath had the best leveling for me by far.

2 Likes

The zones were never designed around XP per hour. Nor should they be. This optimized" crap is what’s killing Classic, IMO.

It’s an MMO that’s supposed to be immersive.

11 Likes

Imagine caring about SoM

4 Likes

Last night was the most fun I’ve had Playing WoW in as many years as I can remember… TBCC is fun.

1 Like

Isnt retail basically the same? Afking in oribos, waiting for your dungeon que to pop and then get kicked for whatever reason? Having to do stupid dailies no one wants to do just to not fall behind anyone? Yep I rather raidlog and progress my char instead of not being able to log off one day and regress compared to others :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yea it is a lazy design with “progress” gate kept behind lazily designed boring dungeons and rep grinds.

Hence why classic+ was the best option but would have taken too many resources and blizzard wants to put in minimal effort

It’s not really immersive when you’re going back on the same fetching quests over and over which takes you on a tour of the area you seen 15 times. That’s not immersive or fun or whatever justification someone would use to call terrible quest building.

I don’t really see it that way. The retail system has you do the same quests over and over, but there’s minimal backtracking. The quest hubs felt way more isolated… Finish and move on. No reason to come back. It made retail’s world feel quite forgettable.

3 Likes

What regions do you re-visit in TBC after the quests besides going to raids or for professions?

I just fly to SSC, Mag etc and get a summon. There’s no immersion about that. I’m not a huge fan of retail but the quests there let me see the entire area by exploring one part and moving onto the next. I don’t think running circuits around Zanger adds much at all.

imagine paying for the same game twice and thinking it’s gonna be any different than the first time…

1 Like