TBC is only fun leveling 60-70

There are rep grinds attached to moat zones. Professiona play a big part of the immersion factor. If you look, you’ll see a significant move to centralized profession trainers as the expansions come out. Sure, crafting became rather bloated and needed some reform. However, the need to travel around to gather materials, recipes, plans, patterns, etc, makes the world feel larger.

4 Likes

Posting on an alliance toon on Sulfuras, I’d say go WPvP for some fun times, but you’d be the only one.

I didn’t play it the first time, but thanks for your comment.

actually yeah, the most fun I had was world PvP before Sulfuras became completely dead.

you’re quite welcome.

1 Like

How’s SoM going?

I’m done with it only because it’s still beta and I’m tired of playing a beta character that will just be deleted soon. Hopefully it starts for real within a few weeks.

1 Like

Complaining about BC zones ? Go back to retail.

4 Likes

The class/talent refinements & better gear itemization is what made TBC better (& a lot more playable) than Vanilla, but Vanilla had the better world settings & such overall (well, minus the AQ garbage) + no flying is a plus. Shame that the awful beta-test quality talent trees for the classes & horrendous gear itemization completely ruin Vanilla (IMO). Wish they would combine the best of both into a Vanilla Classic+.

Another thing that sort of ruins the earlier versions of WoW in general for me (Vanilla & TBC Classic in this case) are some of the super ugly gear models (armor & weapons). I won’t even use certain gear because of how awful it looks, even if the stats are better. “Transmog” was a good addition to the game later on to fix those issues, even if how it was implemented was stupid & corrosive has hell - so ultimately a mixed-bag.

1 Like

I would be very interested in a Classic SoM)/“Plus” that featured Blood Elves and Draenei, with the Level 70 talent trees. I’d settle for just the Level 70 talent trees, however.

2 Likes

I might try out alliance with SoM with draenei but without em I don’t want to give it a go again…I just did classic for 2 years.

1 Like

The true revelation is to realize that the Classic PvP Ranking grind was actually the best part of wow…

3 Likes

If you know the zones and the way multiple hubs in places like zangermarsh overlap there really isn’t that much running back and forth. Just because you grab the quest doesn’t mean it needs to be done right that second.

For me there are only 2 bad areas really, 1 is Terrokar and that’s because of some of the mob density and just not being an aesthetically pleasing zone. The 2nd is Toshley Station in Blades Edge, just some really annoying quests to do.

All of it is still far better than something like Cata though where the whole zone was basically on rails.

1 Like

Yes, Classic ranking was the best part of WoW to me. It’s pretty much a 0.001% opinion but yeah, agreed. Loved the PVP community stuff. Even the drama.

2 Likes

Honestly, nothing was better.

Phase 2 was fun, but ranking gets the blood moving.

The best version of Classic would be Rank Gear + All BGs + BWL, ZG, DM, MC.

Cap it there, and let people play.

2 Likes

Paladin tier 1 lmao

ftfy

The biggest problem is it’s not very alt-friendly. Lots of attunements and rep gating. I have 2 chars attuned up to SSC-TK, but I can’t bring myself to do a 3rd and I’m not sure I’ll even get both originals beyond that.

On top of it, nobody is really running these 5 mans anymore to get rep, once the quests dry up, you’re stuck in Shattered Halls, Shadow Labs, Botanica, SteamVaults hell.

5 Likes

Flying mounts ruined world PVP, in addition to server transfers and non-realm balancing by Blizzard. World PVP is the best in Classic.

I will most likely go back to SoM for this reason alone. No flying away. Hopefully servers will be balanced as best as can be. Sulfuras was awesome in Classic for world PVP but is now dead due to the entire alliance leaving and going to Benediction.

4 Likes

I can honestly say I’m not having ANY fun in tbcc right now at max level. There is absolutely nothing at all worthwhile to do at 70. I honestly don’t even see a point raiding. You get a piece of loot and just log off for a week until you do slightly higher dps next week.

The only fun I have nowadays in classic is leveling characters from 1-70…

I’ve unsubbed on my retail account. Because it’s even less fun playing retail. Game FORCES you to log on every day. The polar opposite of tbcc.

I’m pretty sure every single person on earth is silently wishing Wrath classic gets here as soon as possible.

Attunes removed…tanks have snap threat…DUAL SPEC…need I go on

2 Likes

I dunno man, you are pretty close with OP regarding that title.

1 Like