TBC Era with RDF

I would play it. Don’t feel strongly about RDF either way but it definitely wouldn’t stop me from playing TBC again

3 Likes

The only person mentioning feelings in this thread is you. :rofl: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

RDF solves the same problems in vanilla and TBC that it solves in wrath.

It works for all dungeons, the only reason not to have it earlier was always #nochanges not a real game play reason.

2 Likes

cataclysm heroics were simple if you had an organized group. Things like 2nd boss brc were hard for pugs who weren’t willing to chat about it. If you did the dungeons with a group you raided with you had absolutely no problem, even glory achieves were pretty easy and we rushed them before the 2nd week was over

The issue is Cata heroics were designed around 2-3 CC and RDF would create groups with 1 or no CC. That’s not an issue you fix with communication and it was of course largely miserable.

I think there was just too big a jump in difficulty coming from Wrath Heroics. Players were used to vastly overgearing dungeons, which they’d been doing for the better part of a year in Wrath.

But in 2024 when Cata Classic launches, this playerbase wouldn’t struggle nearly as much. Hopefully Blizz realizes there’s no need for their titanforged crap in Cata and just releases those dungeons as they were.

1 Like

It embarrassing current Blizzard that everything old that they did not make is liked better than what they are currently making.

SCIII is coming out soon. Yea I’m sure its going to be full of micro transactions and Politically correct gameplay. Watch it be yet another hated release by Blizzard. I cant name the last time this current dev team has released something the majority of us loved.

2 Likes

When you say asking for “classic” that was vanilla. And #nochabges applied. A lot of wrath players, expected the same consideration for each xpac. Wrath had RDF and should have had it from the start ( based on patches). But, those “classic” players wanted to change what the wrath players wanted…so, now I careless what “classic” players wanted or want. I will never back any of their horses again.

2 Likes

Nevertheless, organized groups would skip certain ones and certain bosses in the ones they did cause they simply weren’t worth the hassle up until 4.0.6.

1 Like

Based on patches, RDF came at the tail end of the expansion (the ICC patch). This is what’s being repeated. That’s authenticity.

Based on patches, as you call it, RDF came out in 3.3 and we’ve been playing on 3.3.5 since the prepatch.

3 Likes

We have 3.35 balance changes. We have earlier content phases.

Guild banks which unlike RDF was non controversial and mostly loved came in its authentic patch phase as well during TBC

1 Like

OK so you didn’t mean patches at all, you meant content phases.

So why is RDF the odd one out to come in at the exact time? Why not dual specs? Or the mount changes? Or random bg? Or queue bgs from anywhere? Or any of the other quality of life changes in Wrath?

Why is RDF the odd one out?

2 Likes

If you read my post, guild banks came out at their authentic time, even though nobody dislikes guild banks, unlike RDF which the vast majority of exclusive classic players didn’t want.

1 Like

Citation needed.

3 Likes

We’re you even part of the community that asked for classic servers for years and years?

OK, so just gonna turn this one back on you.

“most of those people don’t play anymore”

2 Likes

Well First blizzard has done everything except say They’re doing cata Secondly ummmmm I don’t see them doing a tbc era and honestly I almost kind of wondered if they will do a wrath era I hope they do But I don’t know yet.

But if they did I would like to see Dual speck wrath Talents and rdf If they did I don’t know I just think tbc Is classes are ok but wrath are So much better.

Just balance wise And I would say more fun to play even at seventy Over all I love tbc dungeons and raids I hate the classes though better than classic for sure But wrath Balance is just better.

That’s might take at least

And that was amazingly relevant in vanilla and TBC Classic, in wrath RDF is a legitimate #nochanges feature. And given how popular it was originally the people who want wrath classic would be massively in favor of it.

3 Likes

They have not played classic since cata, because they game became a completely new genre of video game and unrecognizeable from the original WoW. Hence, they asked for classic servers and eventually got them.

It is nochanges to happen in ICC, so you are gettig nochanges.

It was highly controversial. If the old forums still existed you can see plenty of threads of people complaining about the introduction of RDF and how it was killing the social aspect of the game.