Careful what you wish for

Seriously?

That’s pretty lame, imo. But :woman_shrugging:

It’s more that it removes uniqueness of characters, and invalidates efforts made separately (if you have farmed the same mount on multiple characters, for example… pretty much the exact opposite of what you’re saying).

3 Likes

Well, good thing you can opt out from using this and still go farm same mount over and over again?

Why would you do that though?

You are, as a person, is a single entity. Just because you drive your wife’s car here and there, doesn’t suddenly invalidate your Mercedes that you’ve earned.

All you are doing is just driving another car. Does not mean you haven’t accomplished earning a Mercedes.

2 Likes

They indeed are, along with other “retail” things …

Let’s be honest - everyone knew it was going this way… tbh, I could continue playing up until around “Classic Shadow lands” - then I’d be done or dead perhaps :slight_smile:

Is this an honest take? It doesn’t seem genuine, but if it is could you explain why it would make sense that if I’ve already farmed the mounts I wanted across multiple characters that I wouldn’t be unhappy about invalidating my time and efforts in doing so?

I have no idea, but you’re the one who brought it up.

wut?

Anyway, I don’t like all the shared items across characters and never have. It’s one of the reasons I don’t care about any of my Retail characters, and one of the reasons I was drawn to Classic.

Yes, I can always go play Classic Era if I want to enjoy uniqueness of characters and having a connection to the characters I play in an RPG game. And if I enjoy playing Arenas I can always go to Retail, where I can solo queue and don’t have to worry about forming teams or any sort of interaction with others while leveling, or doing end game either, because the “QoL” automation tooling make it as good as a single-player game.

Personally, I enjoy the satisfaction of having done it, whatever comes after doesn’t matter. Saying the farming being “invalidated” to me just sounds the same as saying there’s no point in grinding for a legendary when it’s just going to be worthless next expansion. Or hell, grinding current tier gear when it’s just going to be invalidated with the next tier

2 Likes

OP Doesnt hate RDF, she advocates for RDF in a Tbc Era realm while warning people they get what they deserve asking for QoL features

2 Likes

I mean, this is a fair point, and I can agree to an extent. Yes, sure there’s something nice about hopping on a Zulian Tiger at level 20 on your new toon…

Anyway, I also dislike a bunch of other things that some people seem to like like automated Dungeon Finder, Transmog, Sex/Race/Appearance changes, and several other things that very slowly, but ultimately caused me to lose interest in WoW and stop playing…

Sure, I hated the daily grinds that seemed like a constantly moving goalpost that became very apparent (for me) in BFA, but I also gradually lost any sort of connection to any of my characters, being able to just delete them, and roll new toons without losing anything; no server identity, waning class identity, little to no reason for guilds, and the game feels incredibly hollow (to me) in Retail.

Yes, I’m sure some people will be very happy with the upcoming changes, and to them I say, “Good for you.” However, for me, I’m unhappy with them. I don’t like them, and I’m doing something I didn’t do the first time around this time; I’m voicing my opinion about the things I don’t like that came to WoW over time that ultimately made it less fun, less immersive, less enjoyable, and less something that I would care to spend my time on.

2 Likes

You didn’t earn the mount on your rogue, and therefore shouldn’t have access to it. If you want all of your mounts at all times, go play retail, stop ruining our classic experience.

2 Likes

They DID complain about these things… They complained about these things a LOT. Go back and look on the forums if you don’t believe me. It’s just that now things are starting to get absolutely ridiculous. We are getting retail features that weren’t even in retail until WoD and onward… At what point will it be the breaking point, at what point will it become Retail 2.0?

2 Likes

Don’t mind it.

I like this weird cross between the good things of old and the good things of new.

If I want all new I can go play my retail guy, if I want the classic experience, I just play a bit of era. It’s perfect.

I agree with the borrowed power part, but honestly that started in TBC. The amount of power you get every expansion (and every phase, but mostly with each new expansion) is absolutely ridiculous. You should never have been able to solo old raids, especially not just 2 expansions later.

It’s not a good cross though. It’s just retail with less zones now. I agree era and retail both have their pros and cons but wotlk “classic” is just getting to such a ridiculous point where it’s not even classic and it’s closer to retail than classic

1 Like

Yep, not even just account-wide mounts but account-wide toys, pets, AND HEIRLOOMS… features that were not even out until WoD…

1 Like

neither were cross realm arena teams.
Or same faction BGs
or barbershop changes
and OG Wrath already had level boosts.

And yet here we are.

3 Likes

And people have complained about most of these, as they should.

Private servers are more classic than classic realms.

2 Likes

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be!

We all know things are bad – worse than bad – they’re crazy.

It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we’re living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, “Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.”

Well, I’m not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot. I don’t want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve gotta say, “I’m a human being, goddammit! My life has value!”

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

“I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!!”

2 Likes

I just looked at their post history. No they didn’t.

1 Like

I think people like the character design and story feeling of the “classic” iterations. I don’t think not having some mounts and access to heirlooms and what not is a part of what people are after. Maybe I’m incorrect, but that’s how it is to me.

1 Like

The train has left the station folks…

2 Likes

For me it’s about the content itself, and class design. I personally feel like Pandaria had the best class design in the entire game, every class had something to enjoy about it, and Throne of Thunder is my favorite raid to date

Likewise I really enjoy ICC and (fight me) ToC, and even Cataclysm has some stuff that I look back on fairly positively. (Again, fight me) Vashj’ir was a really pretty and fun zone to level through, people were just cowards and hate having to adapt to different things

Ultimately, I don’t believe menus and systems are what make or break the game, it’s the actual gameplay experience that does. Which is why I love Wrath, Pandaria, and even Dragonflight in some places, and loathe Vanilla, TBC, and BfA

3 Likes